07/29/16 - Orlando, FL - Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium

downzy

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Noble effort, but Ticketmaster is notorious for withholding seats that are not sold and not making them available for sale on the website (making it look like they are sold when they are not)....additionally, I believe TicketMaster will list an event as "sold out" even if there are tickets available if 90% of the seats available are actually sold.  

That's why I pointed out the floor seats that have not been released for sure.  From watching this show over time, it seems like outside of the back of the floor, they've released everything at this point.  You seem to be able to tell based on the single seats that were there as well as the resale tickets.  They may still be holding a row here and there for whatever reason but as far as I can tell, all large chunks of seats have been released.  Every section either has some combination of single seats, some resale seats or the little "see who is sitting here" facebook symbols.

Just now, Gnrcane said:

That's why I pointed out the floor seats that have not been released for sure.  From watching this show over time, it seems like outside of the back of the floor, they've released everything at this point.  You seem to be able to tell based on the single seats that were there as well as the resale tickets.  They may still be holding a row here and there for whatever reason but as far as I can tell, all large chunks of seats have been released.  Every section either has some combination of single seats, some resale seats or the little "see who is sitting here" facebook symbols.

Actually....I thought this was the Atlanta thread, which wasn't selling nearly as well as Orlando.  I believe Orlando is basically sold out and has been for some time.  In fact, I think they recently added some seats on the floor and also some cheaper General Admission tickets for a section behind all the seats on the floor (I don't recall any other stadia having these cheaper type GA tix).  So, sorry about that!

Just now, tsinindy said:

Actually....I thought this was the Atlanta thread, which wasn't selling nearly as well as Orlando.  I believe Orlando is basically sold out and has been for some time.  In fact, I think they recently added some seats on the floor and also some cheaper General Admission tickets for a section behind all the seats on the floor (I don't recall any other stadia having these cheaper type GA tix).  So, sorry about that!

No problem.  The general admission they added is a deck that is behind the lower level of seating.  To be fair, the Georgia Dome has a much higher capacity than Camping World Stadium.  In the base configuration for football, the Georgia Dome holds 75,000 while Camping World holds 60,000.  I don't know what the concert capacity is for the Georgia Dome but I think Camping World in this configuration is probably 46,000 or 47,000 including the partial view and general admission deck.

I live right down the street from the stadium ! (Can hear the show from my condo if I wanted)  Woo Hoo Cannot wait , Who is going tomorrow to check out the load in ? 

What about Pre- Parties ? Anyone got anything going down ? Im taking my Wife for her First Ever GNR show , going to change her life . 

- Terry

Seen GNR Buffalo 92 , Lauderdale 06 Orlando 2011  

3 minutes ago, axlthepose said:

I live right down the street from the stadium ! (Can hear the show from my condo if I wanted)  Woo Hoo Cannot wait , Who is going tomorrow to check out the load in ? 

What about Pre- Parties ? Anyone got anything going down ? Im taking my Wife for her First Ever GNR show , going to change her life . 

- Terry

Pre party at your condo? 

I'm coming up from South Florida.  It will also be my wife's first GNR show.  2nd for me.  12/31/1991 Joe Robbie Stadium was my first.  It will be hard to top that show.  I wonder if it was the only UYI show that they started on time.  They managed to time everything so that the New Years countdown would happen during Paradise City to close the show.

I couldn't make the GNR/Metallica tour and then my favorite band disappeared.  I couldn't bring myself to see NuGNR.  I vowed long ago that if Slash ever returned I wouldn't miss it.

4 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Pre party at your condo? 

I'm coming up from South Florida.  It will also be my wife's first GNR show.  2nd for me.  12/31/1991 Joe Robbie Stadium was my first.  It will be hard to top that show.  I wonder if it was the only UYI show that they started on time.  They managed to time everything so that the New Years countdown would happen during Paradise City to close the show.

I couldn't make the GNR/Metallica tour and then my favorite band disappeared.  I couldn't bring myself to see NuGNR.  I vowed long ago that if Slash ever returned I wouldn't miss it.

*waves from Palm Beach County*

I was at that 1991 show too! 

16 minutes ago, axlthepose said:

- Terry

Do you know if they usally have porta potties outside the venue and food? Or can you check tomorrow to see if they do? :) I want to get there early and once I get in line for the pit I don't want to have to go to the bathroom or anything. 

Speaking of calling a venue sold out or not... I've got the (possibly incorrect) impression that if they don't put the seat up for sale then they don't have to count it as not being sold. There could be  thousands of seats that are empty and they can still call their show a sellout because all the seats they put up for sale sold. I am also wondering if they may also retroactively decide a section wasn't for sale after all to manipulate their numbers.  What made me wonder about this was that there was a comment about the KC sales in an article earlier. They mentioned they only so many seats were available and the number they threw out seemed like a really small number for the size of venue and what (at least to me) appeared to have been on sale originally. Unless closing a section and moving people meant they no longer counted those seats as being for sale.

Of course I could have a completely incorrect impression.

4 hours ago, RochelleRochelle said:

Palm Beach County here too!  Can't wait for Friday. It'll be my 3rd GNR show this year ( went to both Vegas shows) 7th time overall. Have Floor seats in Sec 2. Passed on pit tix, too hot. 

Another Palm Beacher here!  And I also went to Vegas, saw just the first show though.  That'd be funny if we were on the same plane, although I flew out of FLL and I'm guessing you flew out of PBI.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Duff80 said:

Someone know in which hotel the guys stay?

I would imagine that anybody that knows this in advance isn't going to release that info.  I would guess one of the higher end hotels.  Maybe the Ritz Carlton or JW Marriot or something like that.  You can probably find the crew at Quality Inn or Motel 6.

2 hours ago, lukeaxl said:

Just need to win the lottery and I'll be there. Went there for wrestlemaina 24 and it will mint 

how awesome would it be if axl went to disneyworld and got a picture with Mickey Mouse?

Where on earth do you live that it would take winning the lottery to go to Orlando of all places?  Tickets can be had for $55 face value.  At worst you'd have to win a scratch off lotto ticket. 

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

Where on earth do you live that it would take winning the lottery to go to Orlando of all places?  Tickets can be had for $55 face value.  At worst you'd have to win a scratch off lotto ticket. 

I live in England and have 3 kids and no money

why can't I have no kids and 3 money 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Duff80 said:

Someone know in which hotel the guys stay?

I'm in the hotel business and my best guess would be one of these: Waldorf Astoria, JW Marriot, Gaylord Palms or the Hyatt Regency on I Drive....they're all pretty much 4.5 - 5 star hotels..

Edit: There is also the Grand Bohemian, downtown...which is closest to the stadium...and the Ritz Carlton...which is close to the JW Marriott.

Need to get CSI: Mygnr to call the hotels and see if we can get the 411.

Edited by Kasanova King

11 minutes ago, aubrey1111 said:

Does anyone know if there is street parking near the stadium or somewhere I can park nearby tomorrow morning (around 10am) to go to the box office? Or will they already be charging event parking prices? 

You may want to give them a call to verify.  I would assume that you can just drive right up and park near the box office.  They certainly won't have the parking staff out there at 10AM to charge the event prices.  Any time I have gone to a venue box office, there has always been a way to get in and park close to the box office window.

When GNR played in Orlando in 2011 they stayed at the Grande Bohemian Downtown , They drank in the Lobby before the show etc  . You could do your GNR CSI starting there possibly . 

Here is a Pic  of Dizzy FN Reed and Me After The Show In Ft Lauderdale ! This was in 2006 when I Just walked to the Backstage after the show and there they were , But no AXL . 

dizzyfuckingreed.jpg

Edited by axlthepose
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

You may want to give them a call to verify.  I would assume that you can just drive right up and park near the box office.  They certainly won't have the parking staff out there at 10AM to charge the event prices.  Any time I have gone to a venue box office, there has always been a way to get in and park close to the box office window.

Okay, thanks. The last few times I've called nobody has picked up but I will try again later today. 

1 hour ago, axlthepose said:

When GNR played in Orlando in 2011 they stayed at the Grande Bohemian Downtown , They drank in the Lobby before the show etc  . You could do your GNR CSI starting there possibly . 

The more I think about it,  this would make the most sense.  It's closest to the stadium (maybe a 10 minute drive, max) and it's located downtown, where there are about 50 bars/clubs within a 6-7 block radius.