08/03/16 - Arlington, TX - AT&T Stadium

downzy

http://www.star-telegram.com/entertainment/arts-culture/article93333492.html

There will be one piece of technology in the vast building that will not be in use Wednesday: AT&T Stadium’s enormous video screen.

Skjerseth said the band did not want the screen turned on, as it would be a potentially dangerous and brightly lit distraction for them.

“Basically you’re watching yourself and it’s not a good thing,” Skjerseth said. “You never know, they could be watching it and fall off the edge of the stage. That’s a reason a lot of bands won’t turn it on.”

• Like 1

25 years ago tonight, Guns N' Roses delivered the greatest performance of their entire career.

I hope we get the same setlist at AT&T Stadium.

The odds are One In A Million....

However, we can dream!

From GNRONTOUR.COM:

08.03.91 - Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA
opening act: Skid Row
set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Right Next Door To Hell, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, It's So Easy, Yesterdays, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, Piano Solo, November Rain, My Michelle, 14 Years, Nightrain, Welcome To The Jungle, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Pretty Tied Up, Rocket Queen, Don't Cry [w/ Shannon Hoon], Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door
encore 1: You Ain't The First [w/ Shannon Hoon], Used To Love Her, Move To The City, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, You're Crazy [w/ Sebastian Bach], Locomotive, Out Ta Get Me, Dead Horse
encore 2: Estranged, Paradise City

• Like 2

I can't believe today is finally here, it's going to be fantastic, this journey began in Vegas with a Pittsburg show thrown in the middle and now Dallas. Not gonna lie I'm kinda sad it's almost over but I can tell anyone who is thinking maybe I should go to this concert ....GO ! It's worth every bit of your hard earned money you won't be disappointed!  GNFNR :headbang:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Opie says the roof will not be open due to heat, so they have to work out the sound issues today. 

I think it's bc Axl wants to wear his jackets

Uhhhh, that sound is going to be muffled. Let's hope they figure something out.

So AT&T Stadium is somewhat notorious for being bad for concerts. They designed the stadium to increase fan noise (i.e. echo) and thus there are many complaints about reverb in the 200 levels and above past the '50 yard line area' (i.e. as you get further back from the stage).  Just read some articles that said people in the 400 sections tend to walk out in droves (for acts like the Stones...no snarky comment)  and here's an article from back when the place opened in 2009: http://www.dallasobserver.com/music/the-sound-sucks-at-cowboys-stadium-but-the-bands-arent-helping-matters-6405558  I have no idea if opening the roof would help that much.

I have no idea about sales for this concert, but if you can negotiate your way down with TM, etc., this is probably one place where it can make a big difference in your concert experience.

Luckily, I'm pretty close tonight.

Edited by rlr49heels

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

According to Mojo on the Nightrain, the merch truck is in a locked area... If i cant get this poster early im gunna be pissed

do you think that's the foyer that its locked in? Earlier on this tread someone said the foyer doesn't open til the parking lots open :max:

Just now, Willis1988 said:

do you think that's the foyer that its locked in? Earlier on this tread someone said the foyer doesn't open til the parking lots open :max:

it could possibly be. Im going to look within the next 2 hours, so i will keep yall updated. 

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

Has anybody ever been to a concert here? I've heard the acoustics are terrible but it's that true or is it just Internet garbage?

I saw wrestlemaina here in the nosebleed, literally the second row from the top, and the entrance music for the wrestlers was timed perfectly in every spot. Not too loud, not too quite. No reverb or anything. But thats a different animal. 

13 minutes ago, rlr49heels said:

So AT&T Stadium is somewhat notorious for being bad for concerts. They designed the stadium to increase fan noise (i.e. echo) and thus there are many complaints about reverb in the 200 levels and above past the '50 yard line area' (i.e. as you get further back from the stage).  Just read some articles that said people in the 400 sections tend to walk out in droves (for acts like the Stones...no snarky comment)  and here's an article from back when the place opened in 2009: http://www.dallasobserver.com/music/the-sound-sucks-at-cowboys-stadium-but-the-bands-arent-helping-matters-6405558  I have no idea if opening the roof would help that much.

I have no idea about sales for this concert, but if you can negotiate your way down with TM, etc., this is probably one place where it can make a big difference in your concert experience.

Luckily, I'm pretty close tonight.

Indoor stadiums are always dicey sound wise but I was at the Stones show and it was pretty good. Don't recall people leaving from the upper levels. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeff42 said:

Indoor stadiums are always dicey sound wise but I was at the Stones show and it was pretty good. Don't recall people leaving from the upper levels. 

You were in the upper levels at the stones show? And the sound was cool?

Edited by The Holographic Universe

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

You were in the upper levels at the stones show? And the sound was cool?

We were mid level and it was great but I don't recall seeing people leaving from the upper levels like was being said. 

32 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Im thinking cowboy skeleton

Has to be right?