08/03/16 - Arlington, TX - AT&T Stadium

downzy

I love My Michelle, just wouldn't be good if Axl returns to some of his bad old habits. Like being late and fucking up live shows :D 

Maybe Slash didn't do a Better solo like Axl wanted it :D

Edited by MisterNo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, dallasgnrfan said:

The band flat out killed it tonight.  Solid setlist, great energy and DFW did a kickass job filling seats. The stadium is so big that the acoustics are far from ideal; but a minor issue given  that 2016 has given us the big 3 back and I'm grateful to have been a part.  My observations: 

-My Michelle was a real treat, band sounded very tight 

-The Seeker rocked (they're playing it every night, so no point in complaining about it being in the setlist) 

-Slash was absolutely on point on Estranged 

-Axl overall sounded awesome, I was frankly very impressed, youtube clips do not do him justice; particularly WTTJ 

-They killed Nightrain; the first couple notes of the song really sent a jolt of energy through the entire stadium. 

-Only complaint: have to admit I was really shitting myself when 9:25/9:35 passed and the GN'R logo hadn't started shooting; was definitely thinking the worst! 

Now to decide if I want to try finding tickets to Houston on Friday.  

Its a great time to be a GN'R fan. 

I have a sixth row SEC A4 ticket for Houston for sale at $300. PDF ticket. PM me if interested.

I was going to go. However, I have family obligations this weekend.

The Arlington show was stellar! I don't think I have the stamina to do it all over again in Houston.

Aging sucks!!

24 minutes ago, MisterNo said:

So they were late 30mins? Axl called off OTGM?  Was pissed?

Hope it's not going sideways...

I would not even begin to suggest that this tour is going sideways.  Axl called an audible for whatever reason...no big deal. 

As for the late start times, I noticed it happens at shows where there is a larger crowd.  Maybe they are just giving people more time to get inside and find their seats.

As for a concert Blu-ray, they need to do a best of like Pearl Jam did with the Touring Band DVD.  Show the Gunners playing My Michelle in Arlington, Coma in Orlando, the Adler appearance in Cincy, etc.  I would buy that.

19 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Nobody did Better good. It's better gone at this point haha

That's why I said he didn't do it the way Axl wanted, not that he didn't do it good :D

I like the song though. 

i didn't watch periscope, so I'll wait for YT vids from the show to get the general idea.

Can't wait for the Europe tour. Just hoping this reunion  does not explode before that.

Edited by MisterNo

1 hour ago, MarkIt8Dude said:

I would not even begin to suggest that this tour is going sideways.  Axl called an audible for whatever reason...no big deal. 

As for the late start times, I noticed it happens at shows where there is a larger crowd.  Maybe they are just giving people more time to get inside and find their seats.

As for a concert Blu-ray, they need to do a best of like Pearl Jam did with the Touring Band DVD.  Show the Gunners playing My Michelle in Arlington, Coma in Orlando, the Adler appearance in Cincy, etc.  I would buy that.

I think it would be a crime to include the Arlington performance of My Michelle instead of one of the adler ones

4 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Dont understand people complaining The Seeker :D

https://www.facebook.com/oguz.han.165685/videos/10152760295404229/

my son and family rock to it since the first time :D

The song isnt bad thats now what people mean haha. It's just annoying they play yet another cover instead of all the cool deep tracks they played live back in the day, and a lot of them they even rehearsed for this tour but still didnt play (Perfect Crime, Pretty Tied up, list goes on..)

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The song isnt bad thats now what people mean haha. It's just annoying they play yet another cover instead of all the cool deep tracks they played live back in the day, and a lot of them they even rehearsed for this tour but still didnt play (Perfect Crime, Pretty Tied up, list goes on..)

i no, was just fuckin' around. ;)

tbh, i'd prefer no covers, and more uyi stuff like, bad apples, dead horse,garden, eden...etc.

and the opener should be RNDTH then :D

34 minutes ago, MisterNo said:

With GNR, there is no way there could be a show without covers, since UYI era they are doing covers on every show. I guess they love playing songs they like from other artists.

Yup, but they are using the mist boring covers since then...

I know, but we will never all agree on the choice of covers. Or songs generally, for that matter :D

Personally, I would love if they woud bring back Mother and Only Women Bleed intros. But I guess that will not happen. 

There is no point in complaining, Dexter is not active anymore. But even if he was, I doubt he would change the setlist for us.

Edited by MisterNo

2 minutes ago, MisterNo said:

I know, but we will never all agree on the choice of covers. Or songs generally, for that matter :D

Personally, I would love if they woud bring back Mother and Only Women Bleed intros. But I guess that will not happen. 

There is no point in complaining Dexter is not here anymore. But even if he was, I doubt he would change the setlist for us.

All UYI intros were epic. Its really surprising that Slash's intros back then were totally structured and now as he is sober and clean he is improvising a lot.

• Like 1

I agree... Sail Away/Bad Time for SCOM, Izzy's I Was Only Joking for Patience, later Gilby's Wild Horses. Godfather was better suited before Rocket Queen, IMO.

It's Alright also fits before NR better then Layla.

Edited by MisterNo

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Arlington, thats where all them soldiers are buried, a lot of good men in graves there.  Good place to play Civil War, at the risk of coming across trivial in regards to the death of soldiers.

Um no, that's Arlington National Cemetery in DC....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Arlington, thats where all them soldiers are buried, a lot of good men in graves there.  Good place to play Civil War, at the risk of coming across trivial in regards to the death of soldiers.

That is Arlington Cemetery you plonker! Virginia!

5 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Len, why do you have Simon Cowell in your avatar?

18 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Why does @downzy not update the OP with the setlist anymore??

We've all been a bit busier than usual as of late. I'll update this and the last couple of shows in a few mins.

BTW, I just watched the Sorry solo and Slash kicked all sorts of ass on it.