downzy

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

Great pics :thumbsup:

And LOL on the comment about the candies :rofl-lol:

As long as he doesn't share them with Axl, I'm fine with that :lol:

Same here lol. :P

Axl parties with models, Slash parties with chocolate bars :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

After watching the videos this morning the show was much better than I Initially thought as the streams last night were not doing his voice any favors and I had to stop listening after November Rain. I think My Michelle and Jungle were Axls shining vocal moments. I would also think that there was more then 35,000 In Dallas last night(probably closer to 45-50,000) although this was probably not the biggest crowd of the tour. Anyway, Texas has been very good to the band and It looks like there will be another full house Friday night In Houston.

Edited by ironmt

There were notes that Axl was hitting that left everyone in that building in shock. He's such a better singer now than he has been in the last 5 years...it's crazy to witness. I don't care how it translates at this point unless they do a live tv performance, but his vocals were piercing last night and everyone was impressed. 

4 hours ago, lassie said:

Yes Better is a great song, to bad many bitch about it and hate it.

I wouldn't hate Better so much if Axl sounded better on it. He uses a weaker vocal that takes the audience out of the song and causes it to drag. OTGM, Shacklers, Used To Love Her, would all be big improvements to that slot. It's just not working at the moment 

41 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I wouldn't hate Better so much if Axl sounded better on it. He uses a weaker vocal that takes the audience out of the song and causes it to drag. OTGM, Shacklers, Used To Love Her, would all be big improvements to that slot. It's just not working at the moment 

What is odd is that Better was one of Axl's stronger songs in 2014 and during some of the dreaded 2011-2014. Now that he's improved a lot and sounds ace on other songs (including pretty decent at formerly weak ones such as RQ), he suddenly sounds off in Better...

9 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

What is odd is that Better was one of Axl's stronger songs in 2014 and during some of the dreaded 2011-2014. Now that he's improved a lot and sounds ace on other songs (including pretty decent at formerly weak ones such as RQ), he suddenly sounds off in Better...

Are you sure? Can you give a link to some performance of Better from that era, that would've been drastically better than those of today. Cause if you ask me he hasn't sounded very good on those verses since 2010. I certainly wouldn't rank it as one of his stronger songs from that era.

And no I'm not here complaining about his voice. Just curious to know what was so special about Axl's Better performances from the 2011-2014 era.

39 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Are you sure? Can you give a link to some performance of Better from that era, that would've been drastically better than those of today. Cause if you ask me he hasn't sounded very good on those verses since 2010. I certainly wouldn't rank it as one of his stronger songs from that era.

And no I'm not here complaining about his voice. Just curious to know what was so special about Axl's Better performances from the 2011-2014 era.

There isn't anything special about them. He sounds the same from 2011-now on Better. It's a comparison thing. He always nails the bridge so that stuck out in 2011-2014. He's nailing songs now he didn't then, so Better looks worse in comparison. 

15 minutes ago, Un42nutzly said:

The show was incredible! The vibe felt nostalgic as if we were put in a time machine back to the 90's UYI tour. The crowd was immense!!! As for the show starting a bit late, our seats were positioned at the 50 yard line 200 section so we had a perfect vantage point to the back area where they are brought in from the golf carts. As time went on, I watched as crew paced back and forth almost nervously, this got me thinking something was wrong. 1 hour later, the show began which ceased my (and other's) nerves. As soon as they hit the stage, everyone in my section were throwing each other high fives and screaming at the top of their lungs. I heard many "it's happening!!!" and "let's go!!!" phrases among others. The crowd near me were dancing, jumping, and singing so I am guessing the crowd was pretty wild compared to some other shows. During the ballads (Estranged, This I Love, November Rain) and most of the jams, the crowd would sit down and have their eyes glued to the stage, fascinated by what they were hearing. I didn't see any bored fans at all. Those moments were the areas where the instrumental were soft and allowed Axl's vocals to be put front and center. I could tell everyone, included my uncle (who is fan of all of the hits, not familiar with the deep cuts/ChiDem material), were impressed. Speaking of my uncle directly, I was able to gain perspective. I asked him his thoughts after the show:

Favorite performance from the show: Sorry - He said he really liked the heavy vibe to it, and he thought Axl's voice sounded incredible. (he also noted that, of course, the hits were incredible to see.) I told him it was from Chinese Democracy and he was shocked. He figured it was a classic deep cut song that he just wasn't aware of.

Lowest moment - This could cause some hate (even my jaw hit the floor), but he said Coma was the low point and that it just didn't sound good. He said the bridge just sounded muffled and that could've very well been due to the stadium acoustics.

Stadium acoustics were probably the worst I've ever heard. You could only hear Axl's really deep lows and really screeching highs, everything else was inaudible. The echo was way too much and did ruin the experience.

Thoughts on the band overall: He said that Slash looked more overweight than he remembered him being, also made a joke about his shirt showing too much 'man-boobie'. However, he said Slash stole the show and in his opinion is the most talented, stating he sounds EXACTLY like he did in his heyday. He spoke highly of Axl, saying he can't believe the guy can still hit those notes with that much power. He said he has an ability to dominate a crowd, and has some serious dance moves that got him (my uncle) moving. He did ask about face lifts which I told him Axl denied. He asked who 'the guy in the red is' and I said Richard Fortus. He thought his energy brought another dynamic to the band and said he could hear some country-roots in his guitar playing. I remember WTTJ coming on and doing his intro "You know where the **** you are?!?!" and him turning his head towards me with his jaw at the floor, and I just smiled and said "told ya". 

He said it is by far the best show he has ever seen.

Something extra:

My brother-in-law worked EMT for ATT Stadium last night and had direct responsibility for the band's safety (he was sidestage the whole show). After the show, I received a message from him stating " I could definitely tell that Axl and Slash still aren't getting along " which I still have not received details on. Not sure if that comment was made from something he saw directly or just a vibe. I'm waiting for a response with more info. Definitely take it with a grain of salt though.

Conclusion: Absolutely incredible. The whole band looks thrilled to be there and out of the 6 GNR shows I've seen through the years, this one tops them all (even with the stadium acoustics being downright awful). Seeing the band play so tight and Axl/Slash sounding at the top of their game was truly a sight to see. Highlight for me was KOHD as it was cool to see Axl interact with the crowd. The crowd was GIGANTIC!!! 

Please no about Axl and Slash not getting along. Not buying it. Haven't seen any vids yet. Anyone hot any insight. Are they still vibeing?