08/03/16 - Arlington, TX - AT&T Stadium

downzy

7 hours ago, DanGnRose said:

New name for next tour 

"Not getting along tour" 

so awesome to see these two giants of rock talking and walking together! The Dallas Morning News actually gave GNR one of the best reviews ever!  He praised Axl's singing and Slash's playing and Duff! Yeah, this was I think the best show I've seen to date! The reviewer said it too. Anyway, glad GNR are getting respected again. It's about damn time!:headbang:

also loved Axl's piano playing on Layla. Slash did awesome guitar playing on it, but no one can beat Eric Clapton, but Slash did his best as always.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more stuff

11 hours ago, lassie said:

Why do you think many hate the CD songs? I know it is not their best album, but still there are some great songs on it. But i guess it comes down to what "most" songs people grew up with. Still sad, because it is quite a good album

i honestly think its just the thing to do to be honest. I talked to a women in New Orleans who lived in Chicago above a Best Buy in 2008, and she says she got up early in the morning to go wait for the best buys doors to open for the album. She told me she gave it one listen and was disappointed and has only heard "bits and pieces" since. I also talked to a man in Dallas who did pretty much the same, minus getting it the day it came out. He listened to it once, and never gave it another good listen. 

I just think its the world we live in today. People are afraid of change and things they don't understand. They are afraid to come out of their comfort zone. Now some may disagree with me and tell me that the album is just so horrible that its not even worth giving it a second listen, but i think that is ignorance. I think most casual fans cant get passed the fact that there is no slash, and it doesn't sound like the GNR they know and love. So what do they do? They give it one good listen, or they play it in there car once, or while they are working out, etc etc, and then thats it. They hear the difference and its immediate dislike. And some don't even listen to it!

I know when i first got CD i was not a fan. That had to be around 2010, maybe 2011. Then while i was following what the band was doing during that time i heard live videos of Madagascar. That was it for me. I found my copy of CD and gave it a good listen. Then another. Then another. another. again and again. After listening to it so many times, i realized yes it IS different. But thats what makes it what it is you know? The chemistry that Robin and Bucket showed on the guitar is amazing. I told the man i talked to in Dallas to just go back and listen to the guitar work. It is beautiful! I wish more people would see the bigger picture and not just what they want for themselves. 

I would like to know how many people went home after the shows on this tour and changed their opinion on CD. I know This I Love usually gets the women in their feelings and the men enjoy the rocking Chinese Democracy. So i would like to know if anyone who didn't know those songs, or did but just didn't care about them or fell into the notion that they were bad because they were off of CD, i wanna know if they went home with a changed opinion, or if they even cared! Because i didnt even see a show in 2011, just grainy online videos, and those changed my mind. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

i honestly think its just the thing to do to be honest. I talked to a women in New Orleans who lived in Chicago above a Best Buy in 2008, and she says she got up early in the morning to go wait for the best buys doors to open for the album. She told me she gave it one listen and was disappointed and has only heard "bits and pieces" since. I also talked to a man in Dallas who did pretty much the same, minus getting it the day it came out. He listened to it once, and never gave it another good listen. 

I just think its the world we live in today. People are afraid of change and things they don't understand. They are afraid to come out of their comfort zone. Now some may disagree with me and tell me that the album is just so horrible that its not even worth giving it a second listen, but i think that is ignorance. I think most casual fans cant get passed the fact that there is no slash, and it doesn't sound like the GNR they know and love. So what do they do? They give it one good listen, or they play it in there car once, or while they are working out, etc etc, and then thats it. They hear the difference and its immediate dislike. And some don't even listen to it!

I know when i first got CD i was not a fan. That had to be around 2010, maybe 2011. Then while i was following what the band was doing during that time i heard live videos of Madagascar. That was it for me. I found my copy of CD and gave it a good listen. Then another. Then another. another. again and again. After listening to it so many times, i realized yes it IS different. But thats what makes it what it is you know? The chemistry that Robin and Bucket showed on the guitar is amazing. I told the man i talked to in Dallas to just go back and listen to the guitar work. It is beautiful! I wish more people would see the bigger picture and not just what they want for themselves. 

I would like to know how many people went home after the shows on this tour and changed their opinion on CD. I know This I Love usually gets the women in their feelings and the men enjoy the rocking Chinese Democracy. So i would like to know if anyone who didn't know those songs, or did but just didn't care about them or fell into the notion that they were bad because they were off of CD, i wanna know if they went home with a changed opinion, or if they even cared! Because i didnt even see a show in 2011, just grainy online videos, and those changed my mind. 

LoL.  Why is it that when someone rejects something it is always because they do not accept change or open to change? Change for the sake of change is not good. The fact of the matter is that CD sucks. It is not good. It isn't even a GNR album so none of this matters anyway.

Guns n Roses became great because of their music and attitude. They are a rock n' roll band. You can't just change that and expect people to accept it. When you go to a certain restaurant you expect to be served a particular kind of food. 

CD's menu belongs in a different restaurant.

Just now, SWINGTRADER said:

LoL.  Why is it that when someone rejects something it is always because they do not accept change or open to change? Change for the sake of change is not good. The fact of the matter is that CD sucks. It is not good. It isn't even a GNR album so none of this matters anyway.

Guns n Roses became great because of their music and attitude. They are a rock n' roll band. You can't just change that and expect people to accept it. When you go to a certain restaurant you expect to be served a particular kind of food. 

CD's menu belongs in a different restaurant.

maybe i did categorize a bit too much. I understand people don't like it. Change for the sake of change may not be good, but staying the same forever doesn't seem very fun either. The fact of the matter truly is that CD is an album made by the band Guns N' Roses. It isn't that it sucks or its not good, that is just your opinion. I don't know how you can say it isn't a Guns album. What do you want it to be then? Its done. Its finished. The album came out. You either love it or you hate it. You cant change those facts and neither can i! 

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

maybe i did categorize a bit too much. I understand people don't like it. Change for the sake of change may not be good, but staying the same forever doesn't seem very fun either. The fact of the matter truly is that CD is an album made by the band Guns N' Roses. It isn't that it sucks or its not good, that is just your opinion. I don't know how you can say it isn't a Guns album. What do you want it to be then? Its done. Its finished. The album came out. You either love it or you hate it. You cant change those facts and neither can i! 

GNR went from Appettite to the Illusions. That is change that did not abandon their identity. And even so, many people were upset with it.

CD abandoned GNR's identity. That is why it is a solo record regardless of the name Axl wants to give it. 

The real GNR had a lot of change during their short life. So I do not understand this "staying the same forever" comment. 

Edited by SWINGTRADER

3 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

GNR went from Appettite to the Illusions. That is change that did not abandon their identity. And even so, many people were upset with it.

CD abandoned GNR's identity. That is why it is a solo record regardless of the name Axl wants to give it. 

The real GNR had a lot of change during their short life. So I do not understand this "staying the same forever" comment. 

sorry man, im not here to argue about a band i love! 

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2016 at 3:13 PM, Un42nutzly said:

Dear God that is glorious. So good to see Axl smiling and having a good time as well as the others.

I couldn't stop laughing when he asked "How would you like to be addressed? Dallas?" :lol: Something us Arlington dwellers are always hassled about.

Thanks for posting all the awesome videos and pictures guys. I was hoping to make the concert seeing as it's basically in my backyard, but money was tight. But after seeing all this I WILL make it priority next time around!