08/05/16 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

downzy

57 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Seriously though, where did that piano sounds come from? When Axl stops NV you can see Dizzy is raising both his hands to show he is not touching anything, and the klinkj-klonk sound is still playing. Axl isn't touching anything either lol. Melissa?

melissa plays the synths in that part so maybe there were goblins and ghosts after all :lol:

What a show, What a rush! Just now getting back on the thread. I wanted to take in the show without being distracted by my phone. My husband and I were blown away. It was a first time seeing Guns live for both of us and the band delivered! Not Sure what the consensus is here yet but we both thought Axl sounded great! The stadium was packed and the crowd was energetic. I really hope I have the opportunity to see GNR live again. Amazing show, so glad I experienced it! <3

Edited by Tiffani
  • Like 4

Finally watching some vids from last night....holy shit, Axl was on fire.  You guys weren't exaggerating.  After all these years, I still can't believe Slash and Duff are back AND Axl is delivering some of his best vocals in the last 20 years.  Never thought this could happen after seeing the last 5 years of Axl.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeez said:

Seriously though, where did that piano sounds come from? When Axl stops NV you can see Dizzy is raising both his hands to show he is not touching anything, and the klinkj-klonk sound is still playing. Axl isn't touching anything either lol. Melissa?

Pitman via satellite hack ! We covered this ;) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

I know its not the same but the whole concert can be watch on YouTube with great HD videos.

True and thanks lol. I'm just grateful that I got to see them live, FINALLY!!

I'm sure a lot of people who would have loved to have seen them live were shut out by ticket prices. 

The concert was amazing all the way around. I've never seen NRG that packed for a concert except when I took my teen age daughters to see One Direction.  Axl was amazing, so much better than he was at House of Blues here in 2013.  

IMG_7749.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Axl's voice is amazing in this show.

Even weak songs like YCBM or Better had a great improvement.

Probably the best versions of Coma, Don't Cry and Rocket Queen are from this show also.

I was there and I agree. Maybe it's all the humidity down here, it lubricates the vocal cords. lol