08/05/16 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

downzy

On 8/7/2016 at 3:57 AM, nikosgnr said:

Best Nightrain I've heard in years. HOLY FUCK. YCBM was also amazing too.

Great videos and the best sounding show of 2016 by far. Pretty cool to see the security personnel rocking out during You Could Be Mine, Nightrain and Paradise City.

Edited by ironmt

Guns N' Roses | Catcher in the Rye (NITLT Tour) MULTICAM & AUDIO REMASTER 
-----------------
Audio remaster from Foxboro and video edit from Houston TX and Foxboro shows, by Fernomenoyde, Argentina.
ALL CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL RECORDERS.
*Thanks to Space City Shows, CR2 & Michael Rogers, awsome footage!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fernomenoyde said:

Guns N' Roses | Catcher in the Rye (NITLT Tour) MULTICAM & AUDIO REMASTER 
-----------------
Audio remaster from Foxboro and video edit from Houston TX and Foxboro shows, by Fernomenoyde, Argentina.
ALL CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL RECORDERS.
*Thanks to Space City Shows, CR2 & Michael Rogers, awsome footage!

That's fucking awesome, man.  A little bass-heavy (yeah, I know, everyone's a critic), but awesome nonetheless.  I'd love to see one done of "This I love" using the audio from the Houston show, though it might not be possible because the sound quality of the recordings I've seen probably isn't very workable because of the overly reverberated sound due to the reflections off of the dome. 

Anyway, really cool. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AxlCole said:

That's fucking awesome, man.  A little bass-heavy (yeah, I know, everyone's a critic), but awesome nonetheless.  I'd love to see one done of "This I love" using the audio from the Houston show, though it might not be possible because the sound quality of the recordings I've seen probably isn't very workable because of the overly reverberated sound due to the reflections off of the dome. 

Anyway, really cool. 

Yes, that's the problem with Houston recordings. I've noticed the bass problem and i'm working on a final remaster because i'm planning a full gig with a free DVD release, so it will be soon corrected. Thank you so much and yes, TIL is going to be part of the release :D

• Like 3

• RussTCB unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

I was just listening to this performance of Rocket Queen in Houston. There's a bit during the extended solo section where Slash does the classic dreamy sex bit from the album (with a delay effect or something) and to my ears it sounds like the band almost loses it for a few seconds. It definitely sounds off - Frank seems to hit his snare really lightly and then not at all for a few beats, just keeping the kick going, and Slash appears to hit a note on an offbeat and for a dangerous moment it's like the whole thing is about to fall apart. BUT - within seconds they find the groove again and go into the final refrain of the song.

For the record I'm not 'having a go' at any of them here of course, I'm not bothered if there is the odd sloppy moment, it's Rock n Roll. I'm just interested from a musicianship point of view what you think of happens during the section I'm talking about. If the notes of the Slash solo on the album are imprinted on your brain as they are on mine you'll know what I'm on about - listen carefully from 6.10 mins in the video below, tap your foot to where the steady kick drum should be and then listen to the guitar solo - does it seem to drift off course?

Let us know your thoughts...

As much as a Slash fan that I am, I have to admit that Slash did mess up a bit over there. He played the slide solo too far behind the tempo and with long gaps between each note. Not sure what that was and why it happened, but probably just an IEM problem or something like that. Or maybe just an off day.  

Edited by 22frets

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2016 at 6:34 PM, fernomenoyde said:

Yes, that's the problem with Houston recordings. I've noticed the bass problem and i'm working on a final remaster because i'm planning a full gig with a free DVD release, so it will be soon corrected. Thank you so much and yes, TIL is going to be part of the release :D

How's this project coming along?  I wish there was something I could do to help!  It was an amazing night.

On 6/10/2016 at 0:03 PM, Shack said:

How's this project coming along?  I wish there was something I could do to help!  It was an amazing night.

Slow is the word, i'm using some very complicated software because i just can't reduce the reverb generated by the horrible acoustics of the stadium... the best thing you can do to help is: if you have any good recording (audio/video) send me a PM ;)

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...