08/09/16 - San Francisco, CA - AT&T Park

downzy

2 hours ago, AxlCole said:

I am solo.  I am currently animating (literally right now) a fully-orchestrated rock opera that is fully written and recorded (excepting a couple of vocal parts), which my producers will work on selling when it's complete.  I've not done anything of note pop-culturally excepting a couple of very close brushes with success in the form of being managed for a short while by the guy who broke Meatloaf's career in the "Bat Out of Hell" days (he also manages/managed The Fugees, Black Eyed Peas, Joan Osbourn, Space Hog, and a ton of others), and, more interestingly to this forum, I was auditioned to sing for Velvet Revolver a good while before it actually became VR and which, at the time, at least according to one of the phone conversations I had with Duff at the time (which little did he know I was jumping up and down like a little school girl while talking to him because... well... huge fan!), included Izzy (he wrote and recorded the 3 songs I got to write with them as part of the audition).

So.... a couple of brushes, but so far I've been quite impressively unsuccessful! But, hey, that's life! ;)

Thanks for sharing. Maybe you haven't hit your big payday yet but I would not call you unsuccessful. If you are in to what you do you are successful. Good luck with future projects. It was great to me to hear you got to interact with some of the guys on a professional level.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tberrie007 said:

Love how you answered that question man...don't think that was what he was expecting to get back form ya :) 

I hope you didn't think I was trying to be an ass by asking that question. I wasn't. I did wonder if he was someone that was well known or if he would answer me at all.

• Like 1

I was at the show last night, and it was fucking awesome (as usual)... I was upfront and could see all the little details....

The only thing about Axl's voice that I picked up on was Axl seemed a little rough at first, leaving off some words here and there... letting the audience fill it in... I don't think that the weather affected anything (although he did comment on it being "Nippy"... pussy)...  I figure Dude was in town smoking mass quantities of Bolinas weed for a few days before the gig... :awesomeface: 

All in all,  I thought he sounded fantastic.  Coma was amazing- that ending just gets better and better....

Really, I can't complain about anything at all (except the fucking Litho selling out and winding up on Ebay).... :jerkoff:

People commenting about no extra songs- I know, bummer. But there were Ferry and bus services added for the show- and as it was, that Ferry ride was an hour... God only knows how late the buses were running.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Everyone 's voices changed as you age. I think Axl is doing the best he can. I still say he's never sung better. I watched the Las Vegas concert on Sunday and Axl's singing was way different then. I think having Slash and Duff back is like having the original GNR back, so Axl's singing style is back to the earlier days.

Axl gives 100% at all shows, so remember he's 54 years old now, but he's trying his best and I think he's doing a great job.

This! ^. Yes! I agree...when he let out those LALD screams.....we all were blown away. Finally hearing those screams in person was unreal! But he killed it last night and even if it wasn't like Houston, he 100% made an effort and the SF crowd appreciated it! 

1 hour ago, tberrie007 said:

ahhh! My apologies! I did think that and I do apologize for the assumption! I am also a vocalist and in the middle of recording a demo album to shop to producers so I may be a tad sensitive to the topic!

No problem. I hope you have great success on your album. What genre of music is it?

appreciate that! we are putting out our own brand of rock n roll.  I am the only one in the band that is a fan of gnr...but the others have no idea a lot of song structure ideas we are developing are based on some of the song writing from the illusion albums!  

3 hours ago, AxlCole said:

That is awesome.  The quality of some of these videos really amazes me.  I'm very thankful to the people shooting these and love how in this day and age my concert going experience can extend so far beyond just the shows I attend.  It really enhances the whole thing!

I'm sure this has been addressed elsewhere, but I really wonder what in the hell Melissa is doing during this, and the overwhelming majority of the other songs outside of holding her hands on what I assume is a muted keyboard and bouncing around.  I mean, give the girl a bongo or something so it at least makes me feel like she's contributing to the music in some way.  I get what she offers on songs like November rain and This I love, but on most of the others I just don't get it.

Now you must be warm enough around here. 
I want to hear your story about guns, the one you would tell when you felt welcomed here :-)

You are very much welcome now! :-D

Now, tell us mate

• Like 1

Such an amazing and blood rush of a concert! I purposely avoided coming on the forum keep as much of the set a surprise and man did it pay off. Show was off the chains and way better than the 3 previous Guns concert I attended in '06. I might even go to one more down in So Cal. Who wants to link up for the SD or LA show!???

Met up at the official after party courtesy of former MTV VJ Host Jesse Camp for inviting me and hung out with his girl and the crew. Pretty Epic night

(not sure why my uploaded videos aren't working but I was literally in the front, Amazing?)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

IMG_8446.MOV

IMG_8447.MOV

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by J. Rose
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, andy_rose said:

Now you must be warm enough around here. 
I want to hear your story about guns, the one you would tell when you felt welcomed here :-)

You are very much welcome now! :-D

Now, tell us mate

Ha ha..... ok, maybe I'll post the story at the end of the week or over the weekend.  I'm not sure where I should put it though, as I don't think it's appropriate for this particular section.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

@AxlsFavoriteRose did you go to the show? 

no my cat was really sick, wouldn't eat or drink. had to take her to the vet because she's my baby girl and i would not take the chance just to see a concert....EVEN GN'R that's how worried i was and how much i adore her.. and actually from what i saw on periscope it  wasn't that great *ducking* i might be able to go to one of the LA shows or even the San Diego one. and i lucked out i sold my ticket for face value. she's doing better now thank God. she's almost 11 so i was not going to leave her behind for anything.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

no my cat was really sick, wouldn't eat or drink. had to take her to the vet because she's my baby girl and i would not take the chance just to see a concert....EVEN GN'R that's how worried i was and how much i adore her.. and actually from what i saw on periscope it  wasn't that great *ducking* i might be able to go to one of the LA shows or even the San Diego one. and i lucked out i sold my ticket for face value. she's doing better now thank God. she's almost 11 so i was not going to leave her behind for anything.

Im sorry to hear that, Its good to hear that your cat is doing better now. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I tried to go to the restroom and it was packed back there by the beer and such. People are coming and guns are firing!!!

Watched some of the show on Periscope last night and it looked packed by showtime.  How was the show?

Amazing concert despite the three white trash pit-tr olls on the right of the pit who bullied one petite girl out of her place and were getting physical with my girl until I had to body-shield her. Worst type of fans!

The couple in front of us (at the railing) were really nice and if you're on this thread, many thanks for letting my gf at the railing for one of her favorite songs. You guys rocked and really enjoyed the show. Best type of fans!

All in all, the fans in the pit were awesome.

Edited by spiderbaby667
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Yes, full rasp mode. Look up "You Could Be Mine" 2010 with Duff. Sounded like 1991 Axl on that one.

Wow.  That was an amazing performance.  Now I understand about 2010 comments.  I hate to say it but Ax may have hit his apex of vocal ability back then.  That rasp is rarely heard for a full song on this tour.

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Glad to hear your cat is alright AFR. ..but the show rocked! Like others have said Periscope is just not the same....I see that now! :)

like i tweeted to Axl at least we have Vegas! but even if i had not seen them in Vegas i would never have gone last night and left her behind. glad you had a good time!