08/12/16 - Seattle, WA - Centurylink Field

downzy

37 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Can't believe the US tour is almost over! It's been a wild and amazing ride!:heart:

They aren't done with the US...only this leg is over.  Axl has to finish with ACDC then Guns hits the road (SA and beyond) for awhile.   I'm guessing (or is it wishful thinking) that a US arena leg will happen, including a round 2 in Vegas and my home city (Mpls).  

2 minutes ago, Original said:

They aren't done with the US...only this leg is over.  Axl has to finish with ACDC then Guns hits the road (SA and beyond) for awhile.   I'm guessing (or is it wishful thinking) that a US arena leg will happen, including a round 2 in Vegas and my home city (Mpls).  

Gotta think they'll hit some Canadian cities on the next leg too; Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa at the least... I expect they'll do an arena run probably after the 2017 Europe shows.

Just got back from Seattle.  The boys (and Mellissa :headbang:) came at us hard last night.  "Its So Easy' led things off and they let us know they weren't fucking around this was gonna be a full-on aural assault.  Highlight of the show for me was Estranged.  Just beautiful perfection.  Frank really elevated that song.  I was listening to the studio version on the way home and was wishing there was a studio version with Frank (Sorry Matt :o).  

Another highlight was watching the big 3 + Dizzy and Frank getting down on Civil War especially near the end when the keys come in staccato style and the pace starts to pick up.  They were all bouncing around and feeling it.

Never seen so many middle aged white guys getting emotional and smiling and maybe crying a lil bit.  

I am now 100% GNR satiated.  Well maybe 99% I'm currently watching Live in Tokyo '92.  :lol:

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, evergreen_layne said:

Just got back from Seattle.  The boys (and Mellissa :headbang:) came at us hard last night.  "Its So Easy' led things off and they let us know they weren't fucking around this was gonna be a full-on aural assault.  Highlight of the show for me was Estranged.  Just beautiful perfection.  Frank really elevated that song.  I was listening to the studio version on the way home and was wishing there was a studio version with Frank (Sorry Matt :o).  

Another highlight was watching the big 3 + Dizzy and Frank getting down on Civil War especially near the end when the keys come in staccato style and the pace starts to pick up.  They were all bouncing around and feeling it.

Never seen so many middle aged white guys getting emotional and smiling and maybe crying a lil bit.  

I am now 100% GNR satiated.  Well maybe 99% I'm currently watching Live in Tokyo '92.  :lol:

Yeah, I have to say, Frank has really grown on me.  I remember hearing the early shows from Vegas and Coachella and feeling like he played the Appetite stuff better than the Illusions stuff, because as he has some swing (which sadly Sorum just never had) which makes the Appetite era stuff work, but just didn't quite feel right on the Illusions stuff.  Like he was doing to many oddly-placed fills or something.  But since about the middle of the tour until now I feel like he's really started to gel better with Slash and Duff and those songs feel a LOT better now.  At this point I far prefer him to Sorum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lassie said:

No dont think it is that bad. Could be Better. But still good. Rock on and keep positive, we should All enjoy it While it last

Kind regards from Denmark 

I agree, we need to enjoy It while It lasts because when It Is all over we will be wishing for those songs that we feel he sounds weak on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AxlCole said:

Yeah, I have to say, Frank has really grown on me.  I remember hearing the early shows from Vegas and Coachella and feeling like he played the Appetite stuff better than the Illusions stuff, because as he has some swing (which sadly Sorum just never had) which makes the Appetite era stuff work, but just didn't quite feel right on the Illusions stuff.  Like he was doing to many oddly-placed fills or something.  But since about the middle of the tour until now I feel like he's really started to gel better with Slash and Duff and those songs feel a LOT better now.  At this point I far prefer him to Sorum.

Me too man before the reunion lineup was announced I was really pulling for Matt but now I can view Frank without the filter of DJ and Bumble and appreciate what he can do.  He understands the groove and has willed himself to play at the level of Slash N' Duff.

• Like 1