08/15/16 - Glendale, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium

downzy

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

He's maybe fully confident on his feet again after the foot injury...It takes a LONG time to fully fully heal they say! My friend had the same...

it DOES! i broke my foot/ankle in 3 places, had to have surgery, pins, screws put in the whole deal. was non weight bearing for 6 weeks which sucked cos i never mastered the crutches. all in all it took about 4 months to get out of the cast. and it hurts so bad. my dr said is one of the sheerest pains to endure. and now i am super careful and paranoid cos i never want that to happen again :(

8 hours ago, The Archer said:

Great, great show.

My feet are hurting from jumping, my head is aching from banging and I swear that at the back of my throat, I could taste my tonsils bleeding from all my screaming.

This exceeded all my expectations. One of my happiest days ever, and I almost had to give this a pass. 

Off to bed now since I've got to get to work in the morning. I'll post a detailed review as soon as I can.

so glad you had a great time! :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, giuls said:

It seems like another amazing show from the videos, Patience sounded great!

it really did. makes me so sad i had to miss SF, i would have loved to see Axl on his feet. but although GN'R are a band i love i was not about to leave my very sick kitty behind for them. if you have never really loved a pet; viewed it as a family member, that might sound strange. but i'm hopeful to see them again and maybe with NEW songs! :D

• Like 3

I flew in from Denmark to see a show on this tour, and Glendale was the lucky winner. The heat outside was insane! Fortunately the temperature inside was very pleasant.

Great show! I really enjoyed it. Axl and the boys gave a killer performance. I think Nightrain, November Rain and Jungle were my favs. I would have loved to hear Don't Cry but Patience was really good too. I wish they would play both though. 

The sound was really good for the most part, although the drums sounded very flat to me. 

I had a so-so view from around the middle of section E, row four. When I purchased my ticket (shortly after the onsale), no pit tickets were available, so I stupidly purchased that VIP package for 500 bucks. Way too much for that view. I think the big screens and the visuals were fantastic though, and they had pyro and fireworks despite the 'dome' type venue.

Great experience and super thrilled to finally see the big three live on stage together!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, the rush said:

that RQ video, at 1.49 . Frank.

I know many don't like him but ever since he's started with the band I'm of the opinion that he's the best drummer GNR ever had and by a long shot. Those nuances and embellishment are what I enjoy in music. He is the only GNR drummer who is not robotic and predictable. Many say that he is not supposed to add stuff but that is just childish and lazy opinion. Every true music fan that appreciates musicality would think the same. He feels  the music and that's why he feels the embellishments and lets them out. He's not overplaying, he's expressing,

Patience ending. Axl finally realized that he doesn't have to sing an octave higher. Many of the songs he could sing an octave lower and they would sound better. He should save the high pitched voice on special occasions for dramatic and dynamic effect. The same can be heard on better  the "all that I wanted was..." just before the solo. he sings it in his natural low voice and sound great

Exactly!  Embellishing on music created decades ago gives it new life!  Check out what he does on Estranged - adds some nice flourishes.

37 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Drummer of GNR is Steven Adler. 

Sorry if it pisses you off but steven adler has been with gnr for a really small amount of time and has not been in this band since 1990. I know you know. It's just a reminder.

No matter how great appetite is, gnr's catalogue include other albums than appetite and an average ep

18 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Patience - Fucking Classic
Used To Love Her - Fucking Classic
You're Crazy - - Fucking Classic and better than the Appetite version
One In A Million - - Fucking Classic
Reckless Life - Fucking Classic
Nice Boys  - Fucking Classic
Move To The City - Fucking Classic
Mama in - - Fucking Classic

Not sure how any Guns fan can call that average.... Call it an EP  but it is still 8 songs.. Just as many if not more than most of the classic 70's albums out there. It is really two EP's. LIES and LLAS combined together for 8 songs which is enough to constitute an album. 

I have to say, I completely agree. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, riot said:

Sorry if it pisses you off but steven adler has been with gnr for a really small amount of time and has not been in this band since 1990. I know you know. It's just a reminder.

No matter how great appetite is, gnr's catalogue include other albums than appetite and an average ep

Its insane to call Lies an average EP. You're entitled to enjoy Franks drumming, but thats it. 

The same way that many people didnt like the former GNR guitarist changing up Slash's solos or adding their own takes on them. The same way many feel about Adler's and Sorums drumming and they dont like Frank adding fills. Yeah, Steven played on 1 album and an EP, But he did more with those 2 projects than most drummers do in their entire career.