08/15/16 - Glendale, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium

downzy

Just now, AxlCole said:

Dude, go anyway!  My wife was damn near dead she was so sick for one of the Maiden shows we attended this past winter, and not only did she go, but she fought it out at the barrier! 

.... of course, she damn near collapsed dead afterwards, but it was worth it.  Lesson being, you can do it!

I hear you bud, and I probably should have but It Is a 3 hr ride from the house so It Is getting pretty late In the game at this point. I am not Into being sick and putting up with traffic at the same time. When I was In my 20s, no problem, but at 40 things change a bit. I think I will end up going to L.A. on Friday night which Is about 5 hrs away. Cool to hear that your wife had that fighting spirit and managed to make the barrier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I hear you bud, and I probably should have but It Is a 3 hr ride from the house so It Is getting pretty late In the game at this point. I am not Into being sick and putting up with traffic at the same time. When I was In my 20s, no problem, but at 40 things change a bit. I think I will end up going to L.A. on Friday night which Is about 5 hrs away. Cool to hear that your wife had that fighting spirit and managed to make the barrier.

Believe me, the night before we weren't entirely sure we'd be able to go, but she had been really looking forward to this one (we also saw them in Vegas and Chicago) so I was just like "There's no way you're going to miss this show.  I'll drag you there if I have to!".  But I hear ya.  I'm 43, so I know the feeling.  Get well!

• Like 1

I hear ya, a couple of months ago I had some sweet not so cheap seats to watch the Cubs Braves game. I rented a car for the 4 hr drive for me and my wife. That night I woke up sick as a dog I took everything I could to not go to the bathroom but I was just so weak I couldn't stand in the store before we left. Anyway, my oldest daughter went with her and they had a great time. I watched from my bed :max: 

Anyway, get better. There will be other concerts.

Just now, AxlCole said:

Believe me, the night before we weren't entirely sure we'd be able to go, but she had been really looking forward to this one (we also saw them in Vegas and Chicago) so I was just like "There's no way you're going to miss this show.  I'll drag you there if I have to!".  But I hear ya.  I'm 43, so I know the feeling.  Get well!

I hear you, all she needed was a little persuasion. Glad you both got to go. Thanks for the well wishes my friend, take care.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I hear ya, a couple of months ago I had some sweet not so cheap seats to watch the Cubs Braves game. I rented a car for the 4 hr drive for me and my wife. That night I woke up sick as a dog I took everything I could to not go to the bathroom but I was just so weak I couldn't stand in the store before we left. Anyway, my oldest daughter went with her and they had a great time. I watched from my bed :max: 

Anyway, get better. There will be other concerts.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I guess we can't really control whether we are going to feel good or not on a particular day, although It doesn't make It any easier missing out. Anyway, In the end your wife and daughter were able to spend some time and have a great time, and as you said there will be other games and concerts.

Thanks for the well wishes Tourettes, take care.

• Like 1