08/22/16 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium

downzy

6 hours ago, ironmt said:

I can tell you from experience after last nights show I would never pay $615.00 for two seats on the floor midway back again. If I can't get In the pit or VIP area I would sit In the stands. We were surrounded by people that couldn't handle there alcohol, people that would stand In the Isle that didn't even purchase floor seats In the particular area that they were In and to top It off we still had to watch the screen because even being on the floor we were still to far back to see the band members. So IMO It Is the pits or stands.

Well... hopefully I can handle my alcohol as I will likely have quite a bit. I dont intend to have too much, but Im extremely excited and that tends to lead to having a little more than usual. That was almost all a concern of mine, though. Im pretty tall and it looks like Im going to be extremely close in Floor A so hopefully theyre good seats after all.

I posted this in the rideshare thread, but in case it's helpful for those who are not driving or are coming from out of town - if anyone's planning on taking the Green Line trolley after the show, best to call MTS in the morning to make sure they're running after the show and doing the special service. At the LA shows, Metro did NOT run the buses that usually go to Union Station and it took people a long time to get out of the stadium. Uber and Lyft's apps were both overloaded and they were surging to 200%. https://www.sdmts.com/

Also, if you're taking the trolley, it might be a good idea to get a Compass fare card early. There are usually only a few ticket machines at each station and you cannot use cash on the trolley- you need to have a ticket (bought from those ticket machines in the stations) or use Compass (you tap the card against the reader to deduct the fare). So if you happen to get into San Diego earlier in the day, if it were me, I'd buy the Compass card and load it up with enough fare so I could avoid the mad rush later. http://511sd.com/compass/compass

Parking will just be a dude taking 20 bucks from you or something as you enter. Otherwise, you can try to park nearby and hoof it, but be careful where because the jerk tow trucks are like vultures.

That's good advise about the trolley if you are planning on using it. Call ahead to verify the late routes and also get a compass card in advance if you can.

So is Metallica gonna show? Hey a guy can dream right?

Edited by InfinitR
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, InfinitR said:

Parking will just be a dude taking 20 bucks from you or something as you enter. Otherwise, you can try to park nearby and hoof it, but be careful where because the jerk tow trucks are like vultures.

That's good advise about the trolley if you are planning on using it. Call ahead to verify the late routes and also get a compass card in advance if you can.

So is Metallica gonna show? Hey a guy can dream right?

Are you saying not all cities are a nightmare parking wise, like LA? What have I done with my life... Thanks for the info!

I'm only playing hooky from work and driving down to this show with the sole hope of seeing Adler. I missed him on the first LA show.

If Izzy is there then we all won the rock n roll lottery! But not getting my hopes up.

Come on Izzy it's the last North America show!!! :headbang:

Edited by passenger57
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Inglorious said:

Well... hopefully I can handle my alcohol as I will likely have quite a bit. I dont intend to have too much, but Im extremely excited and that tends to lead to having a little more than usual. That was almost all a concern of mine, though. Im pretty tall and it looks like Im going to be extremely close in Floor A so hopefully theyre good seats after all.

Nothing wrong with drinking and having a good time but a few of the people around me were either passed out In there chairs halfway through the show or puking more than I thought was humanly possible and most likely will not remember much the following day anyway. The guy directly behind me was thrown out four songs Into the show. It seems like a waste of money. Why spend $300 for a ticket to drink when you can enter a bar for free? Anyway, I hope you have good seats that meet your expectations. Have a good time, drink enough to get feeling good but not enough that you won't remember where you were the night before.

Actually when we were teenagers that Is how we gauged how good the night before really was. If you woke up as drunk as you were the night before, you did It right, then age catches up to you and the game Is no longer fun.

• Like 4