08/22/16 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium

downzy

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

it was actually slashs fault, the solo he wanted to start there was too early in the song, it was still 1 verse for axl to go. It looks like Axl heard his few solo notes and just assumed he himself was actually off and just let the solo go on from slash, but then slash stopped because he realized his mistake and then we ended up with a while of no vocals and no solo lol:lol:. This is what happens when they dont rehearse songs enough

Frank is the rhythm he was supposed to change and slash listens to the drums.  So they all bit the big one on this one but was cool they added it in and tried to cover there own song :) 

Great show! I only went cause I thought Adler was going to be there (and hopefully izzy) but I guess he's just regulated to random unexpected appearances Sasquatch style.
But I'm still glad I went to see the last North America show for who knows how long.

Slash as before was amazing and Axl gave it his all. I really liked how Axl put his arm on Slash's shoulder at the start of Jungle.

Great to see Axl slimmed down!

:headbang:

9 minutes ago, passenger57 said:

Great show! I only went cause I thought Adler was going to be there (and hopefully izzy) but I guess he's just regulated to random unexpected appearances Sasquatch style.
But I'm still glad I went to see the last North America show for who knows how long.

Slash as before was amazing and Axl gave it his all. I really liked how Axl put his arm on Slash's shoulder at the start of Jungle.

Great to see Axl slimmed down!

:headbang:

When he put his arm on his shoulder he almost had a sly smile of "yea I've read your reviews about how we don't interact but this is my f'n guitarist"

What a great show..  

And is nice, because no mather how much flaws axl and slash haves., being hipocrit or to lie onstage its not one of them .  this is no bon jovi, stones ( good examples of total acting and not even an honest "hello dude" before/after the show) or whatever of the crapy biebers perry cyrus bruno bs stravaganza of these days ( thank u gnr for make me turn on the radio again) .. We all know everything we see up there is for real.   The REAL DEAL . 

Solid show, but Axl's voice sounds tired and overworked on some parts. Understandable at the end of a long tour, but he is expected to belt out Hells Bells and such a few days from noew. Hopefully he is fully in control of everything and knows what he is doing.

7 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Solid show, but Axl's voice sounds tired and overworked on some parts. Understandable at the end of a long tour, but he is expected to belt out Hells Bells and such a few days from noew. Hopefully he is fully in control of everything and knows what he is doing.

He'll be back to super Axl in time for ACDC...there should be no doubt about that. His vocal chords are only getting stronger. Similar to working out, he's done with the first week soreness, that voice will continue to strengthen. 

Injury is another thing and from everything we've heard it seems the vocal coach has him singing in form. Obviously he knows there's another year left of touring so he understands he can't be tiring out now. Long way to go. 

Slash playing Buckethead's TWAT solo is one of the most surreal things about this reunion, up there with him playing Sorry, Coma being played at every show bar the Troubadour, and Pitman being replaced with Melissa.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, manxrocker said:

We just met Frank and his son at the zoo. (My son in photo)

Thanked him for the three shows we saw and he was supercool and gracious enough to have a photo.

Refrained from making a Welcome to the Jungle joke.

DSC_1459.JPG

Awesome! Did u guys talk about anything else?

1 hour ago, gnr5 said:

Awesome! Did u guys talk about anything else?

Not really, didn't want to impose on his family trip any more than a photo.

I did say "Hope to see you in Europe next year" which was met with a (presumably contractual) non-committal wry smile. 

In immediate hindsight I wished I had pointed at my son's shirt and asked him if the rumours about Glastonbury and/or Download are true.