08/22/16 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium

downzy

Just now, Original said:

I've watched this about 65 times 

Why cant i stop watch that????

Ohh. Becouse that little gif used to be an utopia , a huge dream, a nighty night thing to think about for 22 years of my life ( and im 34, so..)

I still cant believe this.  Its so amazing.  So unreal,  and not only cause that long time, but also because that unique magic it happens when those two are next to each other.

This is. So so so f..kn . WONDERFULL

• Like 2

TWAT sounded awesome. I want Slash to change ChiDem songs a lot, not because I don't lover the originals, but because it's just cool to have a new take. However, he sounds great sticking to the original leads on TWAT. Axl's screams were excellent, too. Way better version than in Mexico City on Slash's end

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Izzyslash said:

Nice vocals. 
The US audience on the other hand, I am still shocked that there are no movement at all :P

Haha i did everything i could in my section to get the audience pumped up! And some did loosen up!  People must have thought i was on drugs or something lol.  Not like the crazy audience i am used to in Sweden. ?

2 hours ago, Asia said:

What's wrong with American crowds anyway? They weren't that bad in the 90-s...

Smartphones. You get all those videos and Periscope, which is great, but it kills the moment.

And the same goes for europe, the Pit in Hamburg during Axl/DC was the same, there is no difference in my eyes. South America is different. Dont know why.

1 minute ago, Fele said:

Smartphones. You get all those videos and Periscope, which is great, but it kills the moment.

And the same goes for europe, the Pit in Hamburg during Axl/DC was the same, there is no difference in my eyes. South America is different. Dont know why.

I don't think it's just smartphones, I think people are too afraid of what others think now. You have to be 'too cool for school' at a concert now, no dancing or jumping around like a maniac. Just an occasional fist in the air...

I'm italian.

I saw my first 2 American concerts last week in LA.

Well, never seen so many people going to the toilette, going up and down to Buy food and drink, or playing with their phones (facebook, whatsapp or whatever else). (Ok no, in London I witnessed more or less the same situation).

In Italy this doesn't happen. For 2/3 hours people are focused only on the show.

If you want to eat, drink or chat, you wait For the DVD and watch the show from you sofa at home.

That's why I prefer to travel outside Italy.. Less crazy people pushing to the front row, a more relaxed crowd, no anxiety, no early queue, enough space to breathe... :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I'm italian.

I saw my first 2 American concerts last week in LA.

Well, never seen so many people going to the toilette, going up and down to Buy food and drink, or playing with their phones (facebook, whatsapp or whatever else). (Ok no, in London I witnessed more or less the same situation).

In Italy this doesn't happen. For 2/3 hours people are focused only on the show.

If you want to eat, drink or chat, you wait For the DVD and watch the show from you sofa at home.

That's why I prefer to travel outside Italy.. Less crazy people pushing to the front row, a more relaxed crowd, no anxiety, no early queue, enough space to breathe... :)

Yeah, I see your point. I always dreamed of such crowds where you can easily walk through to the first rows instead of being crushed to death somewhere in the middle of the road ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

I don't think it's just smartphones, I think people are too afraid of what others think now. You have to be 'too cool for school' at a concert now, no dancing or jumping around like a maniac. Just an occasional fist in the air...

Yep, I lost my mind during Coma at all 8 shows i saw, and got the craziest looks from people. I could give a crap what people think. It's freaking GnR people...you can get up and move during songs other than just Sweet Child, Jungle and PC! 

• Like 1

Price has a lot to do with it. We got upgraded through a friend to second row center right behind the pit at LA 2 and the crowd was dead and spent more time staring at Charlie Sheen a few seats down the row than they did the band! We had seats up high at Chicago 1 and the upper deck was bouncing because the crowd was so into it. 

5 hours ago, Asia said:

What's wrong with American crowds anyway? They weren't that bad in the 90-s...

The problem is that it's the SAME crowd as in the 90s, only older.  We don't need no broken hips lol.  But seriously, the smartphones are a gift and a curse, they allow us at home to see the show we miss, but it causes a dead crowd.  And also, the crowd itself IS in fact the same people from the 80s and 90s that don't move as well now, but everyone enjoys the shows nonetheless.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Yep, I lost my mind during Coma at all 8 shows i saw, and got the craziest looks from people. I could give a crap what people think. It's freaking GnR people...you can get up and move during songs other than just Sweet Child, Jungle and PC! 

I was the same way at the two shows I attended. It was very alarming to me how many people didn't even seem to know Coma.

• Like 1