08/22/16 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium

downzy

If this was Great Britain I would normally cite the overwhelming sense of British embarrassment which I suffer from acutely; the only way for instance I'm 'rocking out' at any gig is if I have gotten myself stupendously drunk (heck, I do not even know what the term 'rocking out' really means - a bit of 'dad dancing' perhaps?).

2 hours ago, AxlCole said:

Yeah, the 'too cool for school' thing is a bit weird. Hell, I'm probably cooler than 90% of them, but my wife and I were rocking out HARD..... and damn near the only ones as far as I can tell (though we try to be respectful and not knock into the people around us).... for damn near the entire show because, for fuck's sake, it's a hard rock concert!  Since when is it not cool to rock out at hard rock and heavy metal concerts?  Fuck. That.  

No way, I was running around that pit like Axl did in the 90's and jumping like Jordan.  didn't not care what ppl thought I paid way to much to not let loose.  But your right I started in a chair 3rd row and my gf was like chill your gonna get kicked out.  Again didn't give a damn, wouldn't be the first time Axl threw me outa his show. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SheldonR311 said:

The problem is that it's the SAME crowd as in the 90s, only older.  We don't need no broken hips lol.  But seriously, the smartphones are a gift and a curse, they allow us at home to see the show we miss, but it causes a dead crowd.  And also, the crowd itself IS in fact the same people from the 80s and 90s that don't move as well now, but everyone enjoys the shows nonetheless.

Not entirely true, don't underestimate the brand of GNR and the fans that have come along for the ride that weren't old enough to

see the myth of Guns N Roses in the 80s and 90s!! 

I fucking HATE that its over... I have felt like crying a couple times. I loved it that much. I wish I could go back in time and do it all over again. It was so fantastic!

2 hours ago, AxlCole said:

Really? You've been thrown out of a GnR show?

My take is, I'll rock out as hard as I want, because I'm not at a ballet, I'm at a fucking rock n roll show and I want to let the music move me. But I try to be a respectful motherfucker. I paid for me seat, but so did the dude/chick next to me, and if their trip is to just stand and take in the show, I don't want to spoil that for them by invading their space, so I try to keep my rocking out confined to my little area. To me, part of being cool is being considerate of others around you while you're doing your thing.

Pretty much. Everyone around me was loving that I knew all the lyrics and were not upset at all that I ruined my voice singing along to the show. =)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Italian girl said:

I'm italian.

I saw my first 2 American concerts last week in LA.

Well, never seen so many people going to the toilette, going up and down to Buy food and drink, or playing with their phones (facebook, whatsapp or whatever else). (Ok no, in London I witnessed more or less the same situation).

In Italy this doesn't happen. For 2/3 hours people are focused only on the show.

If you want to eat, drink or chat, you wait For the DVD and watch the show from you sofa at home.

That's why I prefer to travel outside Italy.. Less crazy people pushing to the front row, a more relaxed crowd, no anxiety, no early queue, enough space to breathe... :)

Well then I would fit into the Italian crowd so well cause for the entire almost every 3 hour show in SF, I stood up focusing on the amazement in front of me singing,  head bopping, dancing. I was living in the moment and it was truly wonderful!!!! 

39 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Well then I would fit into the Italian crowd so well cause for the entire almost every 3 hour show in SF, I stood up focusing on the amazement in front of me singing,  head bopping, dancing. I was living in the moment and it was truly wonderful!!!! 

I'll wait For you, dear ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Not entirely true, don't underestimate the brand of GNR and the fans that have come along for the ride that weren't old enough to

Oh I don't, I just turned 30 this year, so my experience seeing GNR live is limited to 2006, 2011, and now 2016.  But Gillette had quite the older crowd, not that it's a bad thing because everyone had an amazing time.  I myself was losing my shit all night and didn't stop dancing and singing once lol. 

8 hours ago, AxlCole said:

Really? You've been thrown out of a GnR show?

My take is, I'll rock out as hard as I want, because I'm not at a ballet, I'm at a fucking rock n roll show and I want to let the music move me. But I try to be a respectful motherfucker. I paid for me seat, but so did the dude/chick next to me, and if their trip is to just stand and take in the show, I don't want to spoil that for them by invading their space, so I try to keep my rocking out confined to my little area. To me, part of being cool is being considerate of others around you while you're doing your thing.

Nice post and spot on.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

It's Ironic that you say that because I was just thinking about some of the younger people that I met at the L.A. concert, particularly a couple In there early 20's that flew over from France and who we ended up walking over to the stadium with. These fans were not even thought about when the band was In It's prime. That says an awful lot about the band and there music considering they were extremely unproductive and  not a house hold name while these kids were growing up. When I was In school It was nothing but Guns N Roses and Metallica. These kids had to discover the band for themselves or learn about them through there parents.

• Like 1