08/22/16 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium

downzy

8 hours ago, itsy said:

BEST THIS I LOVE ON THE TOUR.  god damn..  

I'm not sure if you're joking or not.  Due to technical problems, the vocals go completely off time with the music, and then Axl leaves the stage for a bit and then comes back, missing a portion.  I still enjoyed it, but it through the vibe of the thing off and made it a bit of a mess. 

the same problem happened two other times during the show, but I forget which songs.  I remembered this one specifically because my wife was really looking forward to it (as was I) and was a bit bummed that it got messed up.

1 hour ago, JohnnyGtar said:

Axl is superhuman on WTTJ in San Diego. I hope it makes the DVD. Absolutely spectacular.

He killed it that show!  It was unreal hearing Axl sound as raspy and powerful in person, it gives me chills watching the youtube videos

• Like 2

Did anyone feel like the sound mix got a bit garbled from SCOM onwards? By the time TWAT was played, it just felt like a wall of sound -- Axl's voice and the guitars were just blending into each other and the lyrics were indecipherable. I wonder if it was where I was sitting or if the mix got progressively worse. It sounded awesome up till Slash's solo spot.

7 hours ago, RONIN said:

Did anyone feel like the sound mix got a bit garbled from SCOM onwards? By the time TWAT was played, it just felt like a wall of sound -- Axl's voice and the guitars were just blending into each other and the lyrics were indecipherable. I wonder if it was where I was sitting or if the mix got progressively worse. It sounded awesome up till Slash's solo spot.

I didn't notice that from where I was.  I thought it sounded great the whole way through.  Best mix of the 3 shows I saw.

Knocking on heavens door feels very weird with the solos. Slash is not giving Richard Fortus room to play (which I think he should). They should decide who plays where in that song or maybe Slash should just play all the solos. But it's nice to have Richard play a little bit solo as well. But now it feels like a competition and Richard doesn't want to be a jackass by stealing the show or anything so he's struggeling with the pressure that Slash puts on him. When Richard want to let the solo breathe he can't because then Slash will take over. Very weird and awkward to watch. I feel bad for Richard.

13 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Axl really struggled on the first half of TWAT.

I mean, according to Axl, TWAT is the hardest GN'R song to sing. So I guess it's not that much of a surprise. The only two times he really nailed TWAT were the two times it was played in Vegas in 2014.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, agno said:

Knocking on heavens door feels very weird with the solos. Slash is not giving Richard Fortus room to play (which I think he should). They should decide who plays where in that song or maybe Slash should just play all the solos. But it's nice to have Richard play a little bit solo as well. But now it feels like a competition and Richard doesn't want to be a jackass by stealing the show or anything so he's struggeling with the pressure that Slash puts on him. When Richard want to let the solo breathe he can't because then Slash will take over. Very weird and awkward to watch. I feel bad for Richard.

I don't feel bad for him. He's getting to play part in a big stadium tour. Pretty cool experience for him. 

• Like 1