Is Steven Adler ok?

Słash

Unfortunately I have a feeling he is not ok.. If it was just routine back surgery wouldn't we have heard something? I would assume Mark would feel comfortable stating so. The fact that no one will comment on his general well being is rather alarming

• Like 1

I think we're all worried about him. 

I mean, Steven's been asking, promoting and pushing for a reunion longer and harder than anyone else. GNR seems to be his whole world. He really seemed to regret the mistakes he made in the past that cost him his place in the band, and has desperately wanted a second chance.

He always believed a reunion could happen - even when other band members dismissed him. And I think most fans recognize the key role he played in helping to make GNR one of the biggest bands on the planet - and many of us think he deserves to be part of the reunion - he earned it. So, many of us are worried if he's been shut out. 

The "back injury" rumor seems - umm - sketchy.

I mean, if Steven had been planning to have back surgery, why would he have booked a show at the Whisky in the first place?

And if it was a sudden back injury from some accident, then why wouldn't he share this on his facebook or twitter with fans? And why wouldn't they have mentioned this when the show was canceled? When the show was pulled, all they said was "The Steven Adler show is canceled. Stay tuned for a big announcement."  Don't you think they would have said - "we regret Mr. Adler will have to cancel his show at the Whisky due to a back injury" or something similar?

It's not as if Stevie doesn't like talking and sharing. Heck, the guy normally talks and shares almost too much. lol. So, this "back surgery" excuse doesn't sound right. jmo.

Marc, do you have any insight into this? I think we all want the best for Steven. 

Speaking candidly, I just have a feeling they didn't trust him enough to embark on a full tour. I have a feeling he will show up for a gig or two, and play partial sets, probably ditto for Izzy. But Steven is unfortunately seen as a liability by Axl (he even called his hangers-on ambulance chasers, didn't he?) so it doesn't surprise me at all that he wasn't invited for the full tour.

Plus, this isn't really a "reunion tour." Tommy left for the Replacements, and Ashba and Ron both quit. So those spots were vacant. Frank didn't quit. I think Axl still has enough pride that firing Frank to replace him with an original bandmember probably didn't sound good to him and would have felt to him like an undoing of his progress with the new band. Not saying he's right, just saying that's probably how he perceives it.

But this is all speculation on my part.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, recklessroad said:

What you have heard on the internet is true, Steven hurt his back and need time to heal.

Whether they include him or not, this is a great relief (as unfortunate as it may be) to hear. I think a lot of fans just want to know that he's ok.

Thanks for the post Marc!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, recklessroad said:

What you have heard on the internet is true, Steven hurt his back and need time to heal.

Thanks Marc for confirming this! What would we do without you? :-)

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

so Frank was filling in for him?

I sure as shit hope so - Ferrer's got to go. Out.

17 hours ago, recklessroad said:

What you have heard on the internet is true, Steven hurt his back and needs time to heal.

Oh wow! Yeah we've been reading a lot that he rehearsed with the band and hurt his back during them.. Good we got some confirmation finally. Was really worried.

Thanks again Marc! Here's hoping to a safe and speedy recovery!!

9 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

so Frank was filling in for him?

No they would both be involved

On 10/4/2016 at 10:21 PM, shotsfired cro said:

why didn't Slash and Duff just bring in Matt!?!?

It is hard to say which of the 2 is better friends with him and it would had brought back the UYI vibe.

on the side note, it all sounds good, but if Izzy wasn't there, Gilby should had been in. He's got 1000% more charisma than Richard fucking Fortus.

also, what is the deal with 2 keyboards? Gunners started off as guitar oriented band, than had Dizzy in, why have 2 now?

I think Sorum replayed to a fan in twitter saying he wasn't asked to join. Why? Maybe they don't want a parade of musicians. Or maybe they think Frank and Adler are cheaper.Whatever the reason it is still weird that Sorum wasn't asked because he is good friend of Slash and Duff. In fact in the Vegas shows I missed Sorum on YCBM and Coma.

I agree with you that Gilby has more charisma and more stage prensence than Richard.

But after all the shows were great anyway. And Axl, Slash and Duff seem to be very happy guys again

• Like 1

On 10.04.2016. at 0:40 AM, Billsfan said:

Oh wow! Yeah we've been reading a lot that he rehearsed with the band and hurt his back during them.. Good we got some confirmation finally. Was really worried.

Thanks again Marc! Here's hoping to a safe and speedy recovery!!

No they would both be involved

trust me, regarding all that talk about 2 or more drummers..It is either one or the other.   No band goes into extra costs.

On ‎10‎.‎04‎.‎2016 at 10:21 PM, shotsfired cro said:

why didn't Slash and Duff just bring in Matt!?!?

Because it's not their decision.... you know, that one dude... that singer has some say too. And obviously he wants to keep his guys around. Matt is not one of his guys. Gilby isn't either. With 3 of his guys still in the band, Duff and Slash are guests, essentially. With only 2 of Axl's guys and Duff, Slash and Matt, the balance would shift. Also he would somewhat admit defeat if all of his guys would get replaced.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

As someone who had had 2 back surgeries myself, one minamally invasive, it takes at least 3 months to feeling somewhat normal, and even longer if it was a more serious surgery. If Steven even had a minor surgery, he wouldn't be ready to do a full show, maybe 2 songs is all he can handle right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mararoyce said:

As someone who had had 2 back surgeries myself, one minamally invasive, it takes at least 3 months to feeling somewhat normal, and even longer if it was a more serious surgery. If Steven even had a minor surgery, he wouldn't be ready to do a full show, maybe 2 songs is all he can handle right now.

i hear ya. i have had back problems all my life. i wonder if they gave him narcotic pain pills? that would be a slippery slope in his sobriety...