Negativity for the sake of...

I'm surprised so many people seem annoyed that a guy that won't tour and an unreliable drug addict aren't included in the tour. I really wouldn't hold it against Axl, Slash and Duff if those guys can't/won't be a part of it.

I have found certain aspects of this anti-climatic. No interviews, no stories about the reconciliation, they just tweet pictures and show up on stage. I'm hoping we get a little more once they start playing the real shows.

• Like 1

Slash , Duff, and Axl are in the same band again.  That is still a fucking dream come true!  And it really is basically the same situation as the Illusions tour with a drummer and rhythm guitar backing up the core 3.

The only difference is the addition of Melissa - and while I may not see the point of having her in GNR she is not going to be a huge presence anyways so I don't find it a big deal

The Troubadour videos have shown a band that is energetic, positive, rocking, and more badass than anything we have seen from GNR since 1993.  This is something to be celebrated

• Like 4

Ehh, the Illusion line-up made a double album and toured from that album. When you listen to November Rain it is Sorum you hear. Sorum - and to a lesser degree Gilby - solidified their place. That is their mandate. This 'Illusion ratio' thing is baloney of the highest order.

• Like 2

I am truthfully a bit stunned there's still so much negativity and bitching, given what's gone on this past weekend and what's on tap for the months ahead. I think the post above is spot on: regardless of what's going on, there will still be those who are unhappy. Everyone's got their own personal "best case scenario" for the band and it doesn't necessarily match what's feasible or probable.

Im not shocked. In general, the Internet just shows the worst in people. some people will never be happy, nor satisfied. So its best to try and ignore it as much as possible, so that they dont spoil it for those that are enjoying what is currently happening. 

Those that have criticized the band for years and years are still doing it, and will continue to do so. Cant stop it unfortunately. Just enjoy it for yourself, and Fuck what anyone else thinks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nintari said:

Am I the only one not surprised at some people's less than positive attitudes/comments about this tour? Over the last 15 years or so, I always wondered what the negative people would do should the band get back together and for years, I was always left with a few guesses. One of them was of course the whole "not the original five? fuck off" people. I always knew getting Steven on drums was just a pipe dream even if they all got back together. His drug issues and emotional instability puts him in a place of such liability that pulling off a full world tour would be foolish and too risky. Izzy was always going to be a "guest" spot as well because he just doesn't want to tour the world. I mean, think about it, the guy didn't want to do it back in 1991 when GNR were 10 times better than Taylor Swift... what are the chances now?

Anyway, it's pretty hilarious to see people pissed off at the notion of seeing a GNR lineup that is EXACTLY the same as the UYI lineup (3 out of 5). No one gave a shit back then (GNR was the biggest band in the world) but all of a sudden, the same ratio isn't good enough? It's ridiculous lol.

So I have come to the conclusion that there's just people out there that NEED to be negative. They're negative people. It's what they do... it defines them. They probably walk around being negative but everything else in their life as well. If the original 5 were touring, they'd probably be in here bitching that they don't move around like they did in their 20's, old, lame, washed up, cash grabbing whores... etc. You get the picture.

I for one am perfectly fine with the UYI ratio. Izzy would be great if there were new music involved but as a live performer, we're not missing much. Gilby was fine back in the early 90's and Fortus will fill the same roll. Steven has an amazing groove but again, not the greatest live drummer in the history of rock n roll and NOT the drummer on the Illusion tracks. Personally, I'd rather have Sorum but Frank will handle it well. As far as the new girl, who cares? I barely noticed Dizzy back in the 90's and I won't notice him now, let alone an unknown second keyboardist. I mean, shit... they use to travel with like 5-7 women singers and horn players for sucks sake and that was again, when they were the biggest band in the world. No one gave a shit either. I'm happy with the UYI line up, and for those of you who are as well, cheers. Just ignore these...er... people.

I'm not sure why you say Izzy doesn't want to do a tour. 10 years ago he was up for a reunion. He quit the Illusions tour for 3 reasons. 1. Slash Duff and Matt were too high and drunk all the time and he was sober. 2. He thought the band had totally changed with the loss of Steven. 3. Axl was driving him crazy. I think its unfair to say he didn't want to be a part of this or any future reunion/regrouping/whatever tour. Sure he doesn't tour with his solo band, but maybe everyone being sober it being the old band enticed Izzy for himself or for the fans. It's unfair to say Izzy didn't want this....he was compelled to make a Twitter account. THAT says something.

I'm happy with the lineup except for Frank and the second keyboardist. Frank butchers the songs; I'm sorry. Brownstone's a mess, and what were the extra hi hat hits in the WTTJ clip? Fortus is great and IF Izzy didn't want to be a part I'm glad they chose him. The keyboardist adds nothing and I really don't understand her purpose. But on the bright side at least she does nothing for me rather than bring down the songs (Pitman). 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Ehh, the Illusion line-up made a double album and toured from that album. When you listen to November Rain it is Sorum you hear. Sorum - and to a lesser degree Gilby - solidified their place. That is their mandate. This 'Illusion ratio' thing is baloney of the highest order.

Izzy recorded November rain and the illusions albums... Not Gilby. Get your facts straight. 

The ratio is correct, and regardless of your feelings on CD, both Fortus and Frank have recorded under the guns name... They aren't classic era members but they certainly are legitimate.

This idea of "if you weren't in the trenches, you're not a real member" is total and utter bull.

• Like 1

Outside of the forum I've seen some positive reviews from fb/blabbermouth pages / users that have been bashing them for years. "That was actually pretty good" "I take back what I said" basically the back peddeling has begun... If Axl can keep his voice in check, get on stage in time and they don't become a nostalgia act (not including this tour) things could actually look up for gnr.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Izzy recorded November rain and the illusions albums... Not Gilby. Get your facts straight. 

The ratio is correct, and regardless of your feelings on CD, both Fortus and Frank have recorded under the guns name... They aren't classic era members but they certainly are legitimate.

This idea of "if you weren't in the trenches, you're not a real member" is total and utter bull.

Please specify where I said that Gilby played on the Illusions, and NB ''to a lesser degree Gilby''.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Please specify where I said that Gilby played on the Illusions, and NB ''to a lesser degree Gilby''.

My mistake, I missed the full stop :D

But, I stand by the rest of it.

3 hours ago, Nintari said:

Anyway, it's pretty hilarious to see people pissed off at the notion of seeing a GNR lineup that is EXACTLY the same as the UYI lineup (3 out of 5). No one gave a shit back then (GNR was the biggest band in the world) but all of a sudden, the same ratio isn't good enough? It's ridiculous lol.

THAT'S whats pisses me off the most

"that ain't GNR, i'm going back and watch my UYI DVD's"

-ezkNrIUcxI.jpg

• Like 3

We all get something different out of our love of Guns and most of us are passionate about it. How is that not awesome? It is possibly one of my favorite things about this forum. I like debating with people with different views than me here.

I think one thing to remember is that people like what they like and don't like what they don't like. Some people are incurable optimists, others are complete pessimists and most fall somewhere in between. It is impossible to change people's personalities. I would suggest, to make your life happier, to just accept they have an opinion you disagree with and move on. Or respectfully share that you disagree and share your opinion.

(ex. PERSON 1:Axl is dirty and gross and he sucks at fronting GNR, I want Miley Cyrus instead!  PERSON 2: I disagree, I think Axl is great at fronting GNR, he looks nice and clean and I want to lick his toes. Miley might make an okay back up if he decides to retire. Person 3: **backs silently out of thread because PERSON 1 and PERSON 2 are looney tunes**)

Edited by sanity_lost
I forgot a couple words...

5 hours ago, Nintari said:

So I have come to the conclusion that there's just people out there that NEED to be negative. They're negative people.

i'm glad that slash and axl are sharing the same stage, but there are some issues : one of them is that frank ferrer can't really play the afd songs the way they should be played.

it's not negativity, it's just expressing a fair point of view.

Edited by supercool

I've been on this forum since mtv02 regularly and never been compelled to post anything till now.  I feel overall a lot of people are missing a major point in this entire new lineup. Axl has stayed true to guns n roses as a brand and tried continuing the tradition with new members. He tried recreating or evolving GNR for The past 20 plus years and Imo only bc of lack of material is looked at by most as a waste of good yes. What is bothering me most is during a most exciting time we keep hearing the mention of izzy and Steven being left out.  This thing was never labels a reunion by the band. no one knows when Axl and slash patched things up or the hate dwindled. But what we know is ashba n bumble and tommy left. What is wrong with slash and duff coming back into the fold and Axl retaining and being loyal to frank and Richard.  I feel strongly that we have a better chance of new material with this lineup then the og 5.  And for those who are begging for Steven, he is a junkie and wouldn't make it 5 shows without falling Into his old ways. Izzy was a intricate part of the band but obv their is a reason he's not involved.  The new chick I think is actually a good sign as well for new music to come.  Playing Chinese songs are just carrying out the GNR brand. No reason to separate any of the music, Axl views it all the same I'm sure. I think we might be in for a good stretch of activity and some new music. Media blew everything out of proportion between Axl n slash. The bands silence is def the reason for the speculating. 

• Like 1