Chinese Democracy Tracks: Who plays the Buckethead/Bumblefoot parts?

I'm wondering, since they actually ARE doing songs from Chinese Democracy live now, who is the one playing all the technical Buckethead solos? As great as he is, I can't imagine Slash playing those crazy parts before the breakdown of Better. Richard has proven himself to be able to play pretty much anything and has taken over some of Buckethead's parts in the past. Will he be the one to play all these solos? Or will Slash take them over and change them?

If Slash is to play them, he'll make them his own. Like Robin / Bucket n Ron did with the old songs. Nothing wrong with that, as long as the key notes / parts are there.

It seems that's why they did already at the Troubadour, with CD and Better.

• Like 1

One of the fans who went to the show, named John Mayo, said Slash and Fortus killed it in those songs and that they have new arrangements made to fit the lack of the third guitar.

He said they sound like a raw version now, nothing to do with how they were recorded. More rocker, if you want to.

Also said that if you're expecting to hear the CD version you'll be disappointed (only if you're into the grandiosity of it) but he loved the new versions.

I thought one of the reviewers said Fortus did the Bucket sweeping bits in Better and Slash did his own take on the rest, and that they traded solos in CD. I could be recalling that incorrectly - there's no much content in that thread.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Wonder if Fortus is going to play Bucket's long solo on TWAT to keep it closer to the album version. I'm hoping it will be Slash delivering a killer old school rock solo!

I am also interested to hear what they do with this; it is my favourite tracks off CD and the solo is great anyway, but given how melodic it is, I think Slash will be able to add some killer phrases and hopefully enhance an already great piece of music.

This is the thing I a most interested in... given how many of you, including me like TWAT where solo makes 90% of the song, I am really interested in Slash's take on it. AS much as I love him, I would really love him to stay true to that kickass solo or give it to Fortus... Thoughts?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

I miss the fretless guitar... especially during WTTJ.

Very few people over here are aware how much fretless contributed sound wise... I am Slash die hard fan but I got to admit fretless did an incredible amount of work especially on WTTJ and YCBM//and I really miss it... yeah Slash's using slide can reconstruct or reenact some of that but really it is irreplaceable... 

The Fretless was brilliant on a lot of the older songs. I mean I wasn't really a fan of Bumble playing Yesterdays solo on the fretless or any other solo barre the CD aterial on the fretless but as a rhythm guitar tool? it was awesome.