Axl's 2016 voice

I'm speechless with his performance with ACDC, told all my friends it would sound nice and got mocked everywhere :lol:
Guess whos speechless now? Just hope it'll keep this way now, its going to be a huge let down if he cant keep this for at least Not in this Lifetime. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

Epic performance of AXL ROSE in lisbon, Only a few traces of Mickey just for seconds! His rasp was different than 2010 por high but great.

I really hope he sings in GNR like this at least during next shows.And the rest of the band reharse some old stuff like pretty tied up and many others

5 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

High from the performance or by other means, i'm cool with either haha.

other means. seemed like it really was a good idea to shut my eyes and listen and it was ;)

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

Axl showed with AC DC that he has the power in his voice...but the question is all was about the motivation? I mean..demostrated to all the motherfuckers who expect that he do an shitty concert with ACDC that he can do it excellent?...If He can do it -the raspy voice- with ACDC why he couldnt with all the GNR songs in last concert?? I dont know...maybe is motivation all about

16 hours ago, Ramoncitos said:

Axl showed with AC DC that he has the power in his voice...but the question is all was about the motivation? I mean..demostrated to all the motherfuckers who expect that he do an shitty concert with ACDC that he can do it excellent?...If He can do it -the raspy voice- with ACDC why he couldnt with all the GNR songs in last concert?? I dont know...maybe is motivation all about

What I think is that the AC/DC songs aren't as hard to sing for him as his own songs, he uses a different technique than Bon Scott and Brian Johnson. I don't know if that makes any sense, but it seems to me that the AC/DC songs, especially those with Johnson, are more screamy and screechy than a lot of GN'R songs.

That said, I am REALLY blown away by Axl's performance with AC/DC. Never expected anything close to that after hearing him the first few reunion shows where he was kinda getting back into it.

Makes me really want to hear Perfect Crime now.

Axl is best at classic rock + he needs instrumentals an octave lower than he used to sing on NuGnR stuff. It was always to fuckin high for Axl to sing. So Mickey Mouse came across. And...ACDC songs has a positive and energetic vibe...while NuGnR stuff was depressive/melancholic. 

7 minutes ago, maxpax said:

Axl is best at classic rock + he needs instrumentals an octave lower than he used to sing on NuGnR stuff. It was always to fuckin high for Axl to sing. So Mickey Mouse came across. And...ACDC songs has a positive and energetic vibe...while NuGnR stuff was depressive/melancholic. 

Unfortunately good enough seems to be ok with the guys at this stage of the game on many levels.. And in one band member's case, good enough would be an upgrade ;)

On 09/05/2016 at 8:27 AM, Majestic Beast said:

Easily axl won this war against haters of his voice and performance.You want more proof huh? How many songs with gnr and ac/dc will axl sing till the end of tours?

Yawn. The hater stuff again? Are you 15 years old?

If any ACDC fan is unhappy with Axl, THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DO SO. They love Brian, not Axl... Axl is that fat old guy who ruined GNR for most of them. Legit opinion, not hating.

If any GNR fan is unhappy with Axl, it's because Axl is out of shape and has been singing awfully since 2011.

Now to my opinion: Axl is kicking ass with the ACDC material, really doing a good job. He's clearly rehearsing and giving his all.

With GNR, some great moments, some awful moments, still better than most of the 2011-2014 period. Any Mickey moment is too much for me, if he can't sing a song properly, he should drop it from the set.

• Like 1

Im not agree... i preffer 3 hours set including Mickey... that a 1 and a quarter hour of (or less).

Edit: im not fan of Mickey... but i love to see GnR long time on stage. 

Edited by axlvai

4 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

Let's wait to see how Axl sounds on his return to GNR. Maybe he himself didn't know he was still able to do this, and rehearsals with AC/DC opened his eyes. We might get full Raspxl at GNR.

Oohhh. You have a good point there. That can be possible!!! Never thought that.

I hope the beast wake with GnR too.

he sounds pretty good with AC/DC, but is full Mickey on Dirty Deeds and TNT.

sitting down actually helps his voice a lot because it conserves his energy, many people fail to realize this.

listen to the Troub show again if you need a reminder, he was full Mickey after the 3rd song.

20 minutes ago, paranoyd androyd said:

sitting down actually helps his voice a lot because it conserves his energy, many people fail to realize this.

listen to the Troub show again if you need a reminder, he was full Mickey after the 3rd song.

He's full rasping on For Those About to Rock and it's the last song in the set.. 

Edited by FabioRoses

6 hours ago, paranoyd androyd said:

Haven't heard tnt but he's only Mickey on the part where he sings the words "dirty deeds".  Definitely not "full Mickey" on the whole song

i don't see anything wrong with Axl here, he's just not making either song his own he's trying to respect the original album versions. In dirty deeds Bon sings that part clean and TNT is sung in a cooler voice that doesn't require the singer to go to the top of their lungs. 

I do wish Axl would go for his own version here, but maybe these songs are good breaks on his voice and I get what he's trying to do, we know he could bring more energy to these songs if he raised his voice a bit