Axl's 2016 voice

22 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

He's full rasping on For Those About to Rock and it's the last song in the set.. 

right, that's the whole point. during the Troub gig he was standing/moving throughout and wasn't able to hold rasp after the first few songs.

whereas when he's sitting, he's been able to keep things more consistent vocally because he doesn't have to expend any energy standing or dancing around.

to think that he's going to sound as good (or somehow better) once he's able to stand again is failed logic. he simply doesn't have the cardio to do so because he's still carrying around 30-40 lbs of extra weight.

Edited by paranoyd androyd
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

i don't see anything wrong with Axl here, he's just not making either song his own he's trying to respect the original album versions. In dirty deeds Bon sings that part clean and TNT is sung in a cooler voice that doesn't require the singer to go to the top of their lungs. 

Dirty Deeds sounded good.. TNT didn't sound that good again but everything else does.

20 hours ago, paranoyd androyd said:

right, that's the whole point. during the Troub gig he was standing/moving throughout and wasn't able to hold rasp after the first few songs.

whereas when he's sitting, he's been able to keep things more consistent vocally because he doesn't have to expend any energy standing or dancing around.

to think that he's going to sound as good (or somehow better) once he's able to stand again is failed logic. he simply doesn't have the cardio to do so because he's still carrying around 30-40 lbs of extra weight.

What about all the other Guns shows where he's been sitting but still sounded bad?

I think this has more to do with Axl being a lazy asshole who puts less effort into his own band than he does when performing in another band.

Glad I never supported nugnr tbh. It's a slap in the face to those fans. He did the bare minimum for most of the time, now suddenly he's sprung to life with ac/dc.

But I don't know if I would say he's lazy. I think he's bored with Guns and so maybe can't motivate himself. There's probably a lot of adrenalin in those ac/dc shows which help give him a stronger vocal performance.