Frank Ferrer

2 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

I think it would be great and (hilarious for the Frank haters) if Slash used Frank on his next solo album.   

Crazier shit has happened.  

Yeah hilarious that slash used a shitty drummer. Just because slash used him doesn't mean Frank doesn't still suck as a drummer. You can watch GNR cover bands that have better drummers thank Frank is 

• Like 2

I'm going to step in here and ask that we stay on point.  

If you have issues with this forum or how it is being operated and moderated, please either send me a PM directly or use the appropriate thread.  What not to do is raising such issues in threads/discussions that are unrelated.  

We do not censor or remove posts so long as they adhere to the rules and warnings provided by the moderating team.  

7 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

I think it would be great and (hilarious for the Frank haters) if Slash used Frank on his next solo album.   

Crazier shit has happened.  

Unless Slash's solo album is going to consist of GNR songs, I truly wouldn't give a shit.

Frank still sucks.

32 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

That's kind of delusional, but OK. 

You can believe whatever you want.   If you want to forget the last 20 years existed, that's fine.     Doesn't change the fact that Frank joined the band in 2006.  He's done a helluva job too.

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Teroz said:

Not my first choice, but listening to the Vegas clips: He is doing a very good job.

I agree, I would have wanted either Adler or Sorum over Frank but I'll take it.

It won't change my excitement over this tour like some people here.

• Like 1

I think Frank does a good job, he is defiantly a skilled drummer. His playing on Come was great. He stays true to most of the signature fills and such, that's what matters. 

Things I don't like is the way he played don't cry, just to much. 

The way he skips the 8th and only plays 4 on the jungle hi hat is just crappy. His hi hat playing while he does cowbell on jungle is pretty cool, it just sound a bit weird when the first stroke doesn't sound as loud as the hi hat. Read that someone complain about that earlier and wrote that he was off beat, but he's not. 

Brain was an awful drummer in guns, not at all a rock n roll drummer, CD drummer for sure. 

Of course I want to see Steven up there, but can he really play nowadays? 

I cant really see him pull off a +2h show, but perhaps a couple of songs here and there. Just look at that clip where he plays rocket queen in that drumstore, it's pretty bad. 

Edited by jockethebastard

33 minutes ago, jockethebastard said:

I think Frank does a good job, he is defiantly a skilled drummer. His playing on Come was great. He stays true to most of the signature fills and such, that's what matters. 

Things I don't like is the way he played don't cry, just to much. 

The way he skips the 8th and only plays 4 on the jungle hi hat is just crappy. His hi hat playing while he does cowbell on jungle is pretty cool, it just sound a bit weird when the first stroke doesn't sound as loud as the hi hat. Read that someone complain about that earlier and wrote that he was off beat, but he's not. 

Brain was an awful drummer in guns, not at all a rock n roll drummer, CD drummer for sure. 

Of course I want to see Steven up there, but can he really play nowadays? 

I cant really see him pull off a +2h show, but perhaps a couple of songs here and there. Just look at that clip where he plays rocket queen in that drumstore, it's pretty bad. 

OK, opinions are opinions and there's not much I agree with here, but I am boggled as to why you would say Steven played Rocket Queen bad in the drum store video.  If it were on the Guitar Hero game, he would have got 100%.  Honestly, it is the Appetite recording perfect.  I'm not claiming to be some sort of star drummer, but I have played since I was 13 which is 27 years and when I was 13 I  was playing along to the Appetite album night after night.

I know the entire album, which isn't difficult as most Drummer's would know.  It's not how difficult it is, it's how you gel with your band mates and come up with beats and fills that suit.

You have no idea what you're saying.

Oh, and the hi-hat and cowbell simultaneously thing is a Steven thing.  He does that throughout the Appetite album, including the count in of Nightrain etc.  However, not on Think About You.

7 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

I am satisfied with Frank.  My ideal scenario would be Frank on Illusions/CD and Steven on AFD.  Matt Sorum is a beast and I love his work in VR but I never liked any of his live work for GnR.

I respect Matt as a drummer for GN'R because he played the Appetite tunes as Steven wrote them.  There are very few fills he changed.  There are of course things you do live that makes it a live show, such as double kicks at the ending of Paradise City which was very cool back in the early 90's. But, he 99% of the time played the songs right and that's what made him a great Steven replacement.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nathanhall said:

OK, opinions are opinions and there's not much I agree with here, but I am boggled as to why you would say Steven played Rocket Queen bad in the drum store video.  If it were on the Guitar Hero game, he would have got 100%.  Honestly, it is the Appetite recording perfect.  I'm not claiming to be some sort of star drummer, but I have played since I was 13 which is 27 years and when I was 13 I  was playing along to the Appetite album night after night.

I know the entire album, which isn't difficult as most Drummer's would know.  It's not how difficult it is, it's how you gel with your band mates and come up with beats and fills that suit.

You have no idea what you're saying.

Oh, and the hi-hat and cowbell simultaneously thing is a Steven thing.  He does that throughout the Appetite album, including the count in of Nightrain etc.  However, not on Think About You.

I agree, he would have had 100% but the he does not have the power anymore. I don't see him playing any UYI songs. I am no hater, just a long time fan an realist. My dream would be to see Steven pull it off, the whole setlist. 

Im also a drummer and I know what it's like to play the appetite songs, not as easy as some might think. 

The hi hat thing I'm talking about is not the same as you. Listen to the live clip of jungle with frank when he plays the "kn-n-n-n-n-ees part", the hi hat thing with the left hand. 

I have mixed feelings with Frank. I think he's great live. But he can't translate that to recordings or soundboard recordings.
Don't know who's fault is it, but i liked on the youtube vids of the troubadour, but in the promo vid he sound awful. The same with Appetite for Democracy.

6 minutes ago, jockethebastard said:

I agree, he would have had 100% but the he does not have the power anymore. I don't see him playing any UYI songs. I am no hater, just a long time fan an realist. My dream would be to see Steven pull it off, the whole setlist. 

Im also a drummer and I know what it's like to play the appetite songs, not as easy as some might think. 

The hi hat thing I'm talking about is not the same as you. Listen to the live clip of jungle with frank when he plays the "kn-n-n-n-n-ees part", the hi hat thing with the left hand. 

So you either changed your mind or typed random words.

You said that Steven played Rocket Queen badly in the drum shop video.  Your next post, you agree that he played it 100%.  That is our conversation, not wether or not he could play Illusion songs.

12 minutes ago, jockethebastard said:

Yeah OK.  Is it like a triplet thing that I remember Frank doing?

The only GN'R song I can think of right now that has hi-hat doodles is Locomotive.

2 minutes ago, nathanhall said:

So you either changed your mind or typed random words.

You said that Steven played Rocket Queen badly in the drum shop video.  Your next post, you agree that he played it 100%.  That is our conversation, not wether or not he could play Illusion songs.

(This is the reason why I don't do forums.)

He is tight and hits all strokes right, but the feeling and groove that once was is gone. There is no power left in Stevens drumming and it feels more like guitar hero then real drums. 

Just hope that I'm totally wrong, but my taste in drumming is not going to change. 

Just now, jockethebastard said:

(This is the reason why I don't do forums.)

He is tight and hits all strokes right, but the feeling and groove that once was is gone. There is no power left in Stevens drumming and it feels more like guitar hero then real drums. 

Just hope that I'm totally wrong, but my taste in drumming is not going to change. 

OK, so what did you think of the RRHOF performance?

Was at the show on Saturday.  Let me tell you, Frank absolutely destroyed up there.  I've seen him 4 times before this, and he has amped up his game 110% for this tour. His drumming on Coma was unforgettable...

• Like 1