Frank Ferrer

11 minutes ago, nathanhall said:

OK, so what did you think of the RRHOF performance?

Pretty good, great to see him with the guys but I'm sitting on needles watching him play, just waiting for him to f-up, it's that kind of feeling I get from watching him play. He play the songs good but that's it.  

I just feel like the old Steven is gone, I have looked at a lot of Adlers Appetite vids and he is real good, but not arena/world tour-good. He's having fun I can tell, but seeing him pull off songs like Coma or DTJ is not real, you know what I mean? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GNRFan53 said:

If it's not one complaint, it's another. Frank sounds fine. It's like some people find things to be upset about. It's Rock N' Roll! It can be sloppy, that's what makes it what it is!

Bullshit. Music is music, it's not like science but you have to be good enough to don't mess up fucking tempo in every song...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Bullshit. Music is music, it's not like science but you have to be good enough to don't mess up fucking tempo in every song...

I've listened to the whole show and it sounds great! It must be a drummer-OCD thing? 

Hahahah it reminds me of the movie Whiplash -

tempo.jpg

Edited by GNRFan53

18 minutes ago, GNRFan53 said:

I've listened to the whole show and it sounds great! It must be a drummer-OCD thing? 

Rocket Queen was fucking brutal and it all started from the drums... This is one of my favorite Gn'R tunes and they may as well drop it.. Fortus sucks at this one too and needs to turn his shit down.. They both destroy the feel of the intro.. Frank fucks up what should be a cool jam in the middle.. The just kill the whole groove and vibe of the song.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Rocket Queen was fucking brutal and it all started from the drums... This is one of my favorite Gn'R tunes and they may as well drop it..

He plays it faster and it's not quite as loose as Adler plays it...that much is true.

Drop the tune, send everybody home and cancel the tour ? :lol:

3 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

He plays it faster and it's not quite as loose as Adler plays it...that much is true.

Drop the tune, send everybody home and cancel the tour ? :lol:

Nope, just send Fortus and Frank home ;) They are the main detractors.. Hell, I would choose Melissa over those two any day at this point.

14 hours ago, nathanhall said:

Except most of my posts have been deleted due to mods on this forum not accepting my view on things.  Probably the kind that said it would never happen and to get over it.  The kind that wouldn't stand up for what they believe in and recognising a truly brilliant band when they see one and recognising how ordinary the cover band was. Then there were the ones that said the cover band was better..... Where have they gone?

Yes. The 2002 lineup was definitely ordinary. 

40 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Oh right, they recorded so many classics :awesomeface:

I am talking about playing wise.    Buckethead and brain have recorded more albums than everyone in classic guns n roses combined. its really not even close.  

Ya'kno what i thought was cool was the interaction between duff and frank in vegas on the 8th during the beginning of wish u were here...this thing is still very much in that organic phase and we get to witness it morph into this solid monster rock band.  thanks again to everyone out there for taking the videos and sharing them with all of us.  YOU ROCK! 

On 4/5/2016 at 8:36 AM, Stefanslash said:

Frank is a good drummer but I just don't think he fits the line up he plays loudly and he sounds separate from the band it doesn't fit

What are your thoughts?

I think he sucks balls on all the AFD songs by playing them too fast....I didn't notice it as much on UYI and CD material but he just shits the bed on th AFD songs

Edited by jmapelian

2 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

I think he sucks balls on all the AFD songs by playing them too fast....I didn't notice it as much on UYI and CD material but he just shits the bed on th AFD songs

Agree 100%. Terrible at the AFD songs.. Sounds fine on Illusions stuff for the most part except the YCBM intro.

14 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Rocket Queen was fucking brutal and it all started from the drums... This is one of my favorite Gn'R tunes and they may as well drop it.. Fortus sucks at this one too and needs to turn his shit down.. They both destroy the feel of the intro.. Frank fucks up what should be a cool jam in the middle.. The just kill the whole groove and vibe of the song.

Agree. The more they keep pushing the overextended playing/jamming just to prove they are "good" musicians, the less I like it.

Already back in 1988 this is what started ruining the band, IMHO.

9 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Agree. The more they keep pushing the overextended playing/jamming just to prove they are "good" musicians, the less I like it.

Already back in 1988 this is what started ruining the band, IMHO.

Actually this is what I like about a live experience. I don't get this I want to go to a concert to hear the album version performed the same way with every single note and nuance BS. I like it when they re-arrange stuff or add stuff or extend it. It adds to the experience and gives it a fresh perspective. That said I am a sucker for jamming sessions and long solos.

• Like 1