Frank Ferrer

I thought he was fine with nuguns. From the clips from troubadour I thought he was shitty. As someone else said earlier, he seemed very "separate" from the band. Hopefully it will get better. I have nothing against him but I wasn't impressed based on the clips. 

• Like 1

I haven't understood all the hate for him that's risen since this tour started. I think the only reason for his jungle mess up was because Axl skipped a line in the intro to jungle so the whole band had to adjust. Hey, it happens. It's a live rock n roll show and they all played it off like professionals in the end. 

Otherwise, Frank is a very solid drummer and yes, his style isn't my personal favorite, but he deserves to be here the most and is the best choice for longtivity with this new band. Happy for the guy.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, VillageGorillaHead said:

Surely playing too loud isn't up to Frank? Rather, the sound engineers.

And the mobile videos aren't a great indicator of sound levels.

I agree with this.

I like Frank. I don't see any of the bad things you all remark but then again I'm not a drummer.

He's a more dynamic drummer than Adler and his style is better suited to Guns than Sorum. All round I think he's the best choice, except for Brain who is, in my opinion, the best drummer you can get. He seems to gel with Richard, and Axl obviously likes him.

I've always had a hard time accepting Frank as the drummer due to his inability to play Brownstone and Rocket Queen correctly. There is no doubt that he's a good drummer, Axl wouldn't have kept him around all these years if he wasn't, but I just cringe every time Brownstone and Rocket Queen come up in the set. Let's hope Steven's back heals so he can join the tour and play the Appetite songs!!

Edited by LikeADog93
  • Like 1

I like Frank and I think it's awesome he's a a part of this. Not sure he's really the greatest at the appetite material so hopefully Adler is in Vegas and beyond. Would have honestly went with Sorum over him for nostalgia purposes but whatever..

4 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

I've always had a hard time accepting Frank as the drummer due to his inability to play Brownstone and Rocket Queen correctly. There is no doubt that he's a good drummer, Axl wouldn't have kept him around all these years if he wasn't, but I just cringe every time Brownstone and Rocket Queen come up in the set. Let's hope Steven's back heals so he can join the tour and play the Appetite songs!!

What does it mean to play them "correctly"? To follow the exact hits as they were recorded in the album?

If it's that then why go to a show anyway? Just sit at home and listen to AFD :shrugs:

Sorum,Slash and Duff are like a well oiled machine when they're together and I would've liked to have seen that in GNR. I didn't really follow nu guns so I can't say too much against Frank just now. I just hope Adler gets his chance on the upcoming shows. 

• Like 1

I think it hilarious that people think he sucks . If he sucked the way some think , Axl wouldn't have him in the band.  I personally like him better than Matt and Steven. Steven obviously might still be unreliable. But let's get him anyways because tons of forum members are angry. Who cares that this tour is costing a shit load. Let's make the forum members who bitch happy. Or let's get Matt. A guy that Axl might not feel comfortable with. A guy who wanted to join a bad ass rock n roll band . Not question in disgust , what's up with the piano? I'm glad Matt didn't get a call. I would prefer Brain , way over Frank, but I don't make the calls. I will take what they got. Frank had been loyal to Axl. And Axl is repaying the favor back. Met Frank a couple of times , super cool guy. I enjoy his drumming live. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What does it mean to play them "correctly"? To follow the exact hits as they were recorded in the album?

If it's that then why go to a show anyway? Just sit at home and listen to AFD :shrugs:

They are both very simple songs, so yes, I would expect them to be played like how Steven originally played it. There is a fine line between adding your own touch into a song and just flat out playing incorrectly, and Frank plays both of those opening drum parts incorrectly. I learned how to play those songs when I was about 12 years old, I would expect a professional, touring musician to be able to do the same.

I am sure he is a great drummer and a great guy but his drumming in Guns N' Roses blows.... It has nothing to do with not being Steven Adler either.. If he played the songs right no one would give a fuck or notice him. He changes the feel and sound of songs.. Maybe it is an ego thing, but there are classic parts of songs that can simply be duplicated and not tinkered with.. As others have mentioned Rocket Queen, Brownstone You Could Be Mine are big offenders...

• Like 3