Ticket Demand?

21 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

Anyone know if Metlife, Toronto, or Chicago are getting a second show?

If Jersey added a 2nd show I'd go again, and I'm sure a lot of people would, but enough  to sell out the stadium?  I don't know.  While the 23rd sold out, there's tons of tickets available in the secondary market.    I have a few coworkers who were hoping to buy,  but the prices are ridiculous right now,  and they're not willing to pay double the face at this point.  

Man like none of the upper bowl is sold in the Seattle show.... I feel like those tickets should be 50, not 80. I don't wanna be alone in the dark ass rafters haha.

Wouldn't it be better to have a full house to buy merch and crap?

Edited by Ant

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Man like none of the upper bowl is sold in the Seattle show.... I feel like those tickets should be 50, not 80. I don't wanna be alone in the dark ass rafters haha.

Wouldn't it be better to have a full house to buy merch and crap?

Some of these markets are gonna need a solid opener (or 2).   Some (Chicago, NY, Toronto, San Diego, few others) are sold out already.   Seattle, Kansas- yeah pretty aggressive to play stadiums in those towns.   

On 4/11/2016 at 3:40 PM, DMathski said:

Surprisingly to me San Diego looks 90-95% sold out already.  AZ has a lot of tickets left

I assume that is because San Diego is the closest show date (that isn't a festival) to Los Angeles and LA is a great market of people who would shell out money to see a reunited GNR

Edited by WhazUp

I cant believe how bad some of the shows are selling, but I knew it would be like this after how bad the pre-sales were selling

not enough demand to see the semi-reunion, and throw in the high prices and seeing a show in a Football stadium which is a lousy experience and this is what they have

I am sure you are going to see alot of Groupon and other deals to try and fill the place, unless they are going to cancel some of these shows and downgrade them to an Arena which is what they should have done all along

I think the lack of sales in some places probably also speaks to the income levels/affluence of those cities. NY, Boston, San Francisco...lots of very well off people with high incomes there, who can justify and easily pay $100-$300 for their seats. Not to mention that AT&T Park in San Francisco is a baseball stadium with about 41K seats...that's basically an arena. San Diego? Lots of folks from Ventura, OC and LA have money, and it's close enough for them to drive down. But Kansas? Pittsburgh? Not as many folks in those upper tax brackets are in those cities, salaries are less overall, and less people probably find it easy to swing those ticket prices.

Edited by stella

taking another look at these interactive charts, I don't care how many groupon deals you have, there is no demand, I can't imagine them keeping a show like Pittsburgh and Arizona when it is looking like they sold about 30% of the tickets, is there a chance these shows are going to be cancelled? are they going to realize their mistake and move them to an arena?

I would wonder if they'd try knocking down the prices first before they did something more drastic, like cancelling the shows. Is it a lack of demand or a lack of ability/desire to pay those prices? I was thinking of AZ, but with the ticket prices as they are, I can't justify it. Knock them down 50% or so? People's thoughts there might change.

Are we at all surprised? 25 years after their prime, trying to sell out stadiums with no advertising. This tour has failure written all over. Even their social media pages are barely pushing this. Don't know what to think of it. Just a $$$ grab or what?

16 minutes ago, stella said:

I would wonder if they'd try knocking down the prices first before they did something more drastic, like cancelling the shows. Is it a lack of demand or a lack of ability/desire to pay those prices? I was thinking of AZ, but with the ticket prices as they are, I can't justify it. Knock them down 50% or so? People's thoughts there might change.

I think it is a mix of both, prices are to high and not enough demand

I think it is to late for the knocking down of the prices, I am sure there were several thousand people who were looking at tickets last week and decided to pass, now those people have forgotten about the shows, there are going to be Groupon deals and other deals in the coming weeks I am sure, but unless they are practically giving tickets away I am sure it is not enough to come close to filling the place, and by chopping the prices you are going to annoy the people who paid the full price and I am sure the promoters are going to try and avoid that if possible

Why is everyone acting like these shows are next week. I've watched lots of shows where I'm from sell slow but by Showtime they are almost completely sold out.  That is Louisville and maybe everywhere else if you don't sell in the first week there is no hope. 

7 minutes ago, k12 said:

I think it is a mix of both, prices are to high and not enough demand

I think it is to late for the knocking down of the prices, I am sure there were several thousand people who were looking at tickets last week and decided to pass, now those people have forgotten about the shows, there are going to be Groupon deals and other deals in the coming weeks I am sure, but unless they are practically giving tickets away I am sure it is not enough to come close to filling the place, and by chopping the prices you are going to annoy the people who paid the full price and I am sure the promoters are going to try and avoid that if possible

It probably IS a combination of both. Some of the locations they chose for this tour were strange -- can't fathom why there's no LA, for instance (the Coachella three-month required blackout is well over by August). I have no idea if they were going on marketing data of sales for GnR or VR's past concerts or what, but those markets just aren't biting.

I think they probably lost some potential ticket buyers who saw the high prices, walked away and won't look back, but I do think that others will be checking in to see if there are any deals happening. It might not fill up the place but it might sell enough tickets to save the show. I've seen bands cut prices a lot for other tours. It does happen, especially if it gets close to the show date and the place is still empty. I learned that the hard way once, actually -- paid full price for an Aerosmith ticket once, and a week before the show they put it up on Goldstar and the place was packed. I was definitely pissed that I'd paid more than others for the same seat, but there was nothing one could do. I did learn my lesson...the next time they came to town, I just sat back and waited and didn't buy a ticket, and bam, there it was again at a discount, a week before the show. And it was sold out because of the discounts.

7 minutes ago, Shuttleboy23 said:

Why is everyone acting like these shows are next week. I've watched lots of shows where I'm from sell slow but by Showtime they are almost completely sold out.  That is Louisville and maybe everywhere else if you don't sell in the first week there is no hope. 

I read something that 90% of tickets that are sold for a concert are sold within the first day of the on sale, there is no way alot of these shows are going to come even close to a sell out unless they are desperate and are going to offer $10 tickets through an awesome groupon deal

It can't be lack of demand... but when fans like me are almost priced out of a show its pretty telling.

250 bucks for a lower bowl seat! Face value! S'crazy! It's double what ACDC tickets were when they came to Vancouver.

I wonder how much UYI tickets were, GNR in their prime, when adjusted for inflation. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

It can't be lack of demand... but when fans like me are almost priced out of a show its pretty telling.

250 bucks for a lower bowl seat! Face value! S'crazy! 

I wonder how much UYI tickets were, GNR in their prime, when adjusted for inflation. 

Tickets for the UYI tour with Metallica and Faith No More were $29.50 In Pittsburgh. Pretty big price difference. I went to the show In Las Vegas on Friday night and between two tickets, hotel and food It was over a $1,000 for one night. But I am a GNR addict so I would do It again tomorrow without thinking twice.

Same thing with the Stones in Nashville last summer it took a while to sell because of the high prices and it being outside. This is not a prime GNR. Some people I work with told me I was fucking crazy paying those pit prices, but they saw them in 88 and 89 for $30 a ticket with the AFD line up and opening for Aerosmith so I understand.

Do people want to see them? Sure they do, but most younger kids these days like different music and the older people who have already seen them think the ticket prices are ridiculous. Then there are people like me in my 30s who remember them and have always wanted to see them but never had the chance and will pay what ever. This is not a tour I would think would do well at a stadium, but there is still plenty of time. I am just excited to see them.

I think the whole thing about the general public only caring about Axl and Slash is not really true. People may not be able to name all the members, but they have an image in their minds, and the band in the Vegas videos doesn't match it. This thing not being a full reunion is a big factor in my opinion.

• Like 1