Ticket Demand?

To be fair, people were mostly complaining about the lack of marketing and promotion awhile back before the shows started. 

Havent really seen people complaining after the killer Troubadour event (10 dollar tickets, the GnR pop up museum). Seems like it has been pretty positive since then. 

And of course the shows will sell well. It's Axl, Slash and Duff back together again and only 20 shows are on tap. If the band announced they were doing 180 shows - ticket demand wouldn't be as high. 

Post Troubadour - horrible promotion. Since then - on point. Haven't seen people complaining recently. 

3 hours ago, Saltzy said:

If they announce another NYC show the prices for the Metlife shows are gonna take a nosedive for sure.  One Saturday night show in July does a lot for people.  It's an 'event'.  I work for a fashion company and I've already heard rumblings from people that wanna go, and asked me how the Vegas shows were and shit.  Asking questions like, 'OMG, OMG, did they play Paradise City?!?'  If they announce a second show, not only is the market gonna be flooded with another bazillion tickets, a lot of the allure for the shows for the mediocre fans is gonna dwindle big time.  Posh NY's love the whole 'one time-one show' thing. Diluting this with a second show is gonna kill a lot of the vibe.  I really hope they just leave it with the one show to be honest.

Yeah I saw Bon Jovi back to back at Met Life and at Soldier 3-5 years ago, I know both were announced sell outs, however I have no idea what the broker market was like for the 2nd and 3rd nights....but you may be right, keep the stadiums at 1 night only (although I think they'd sell a night 2 in NT and Chic fairly easily).  And keep the multi night stands like Vegas was to the arena tour (hopefully next winter). 

I got tickets to Ford Field very easily. I'm not in the nose bleeds either. My seats are straight ahead forward at the stage, off the main floor (those tickets were expensive as fuck!) But I'm more than happy to be where I am. Cost me $275 per ticket, bought 3 tickets and a parking pass which was another $50. But who cares.

My thoughts on this whole thing is, when it's over, it's over. It's not going to continue, and I think we'd be extremly lucky to get one new collaboration out of this tour. I could see Duff and Slash cutting and pasting in there parts to already previously finished material of Axles. And that w I updated be great to.

Im just looking forward to the show!

49 minutes ago, ll_tj1 said:

I got tickets to Ford Field very easily. I'm not in the nose bleeds either. My seats are straight ahead forward at the stage, off the main floor (those tickets were expensive as fuck!) But I'm more than happy to be where I am. Cost me $275 per ticket, bought 3 tickets and a parking pass which was another $50. But who cares.

My thoughts on this whole thing is, when it's over, it's over. It's not going to continue, and I think we'd be extremly lucky to get one new collaboration out of this tour. I could see Duff and Slash cutting and pasting in there parts to already previously finished material of Axles. And that w I updated be great to.

Im just looking forward to the show!

I agree on the 'who cares' about the cost.  In 1993 if someone woulda told me that in the next 23 years my GnR concert spending will total (Vegas 2tix/2shows and then Chicago 2tix/1 show) $1500ish, I'd be ecstatic.  I mean if they woulda stuck together and released another 8-10 albums and toured 8-10 times I'd be at a hell of a lot more than $1500 total.   

*yes I saw NuGuns, but they don't count. 

8 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I'd like to know if their albums started selling again after these weeks of shows and announcements..

The greatest hits is on No. 5 at amazon germany for best selling hardrock albums at the moment.

illusion II at no. 10, Appetite no. 13, illusion I at 15

Edited by xBrownstonex

Again, demand-shemand until the weather becomes a known variable for these shows.

There will be some cities that might not be sold out yet, but will be 85 degrees and sunny the day of the show and have thousands and thousands of people decide to walk up the night of the show and there will be shows that might be sold out now, but will have rain in the city of the show the 2-3 days before and have the market bottom out.

Weather is like 50% of the demand for outdoor events, so until that is a known quantity a lot of this is just pure speculation.

Edited by Saltzy

2 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

Again, demand-shemand until the weather becomes a known variable for these shows.

There will be some cities that might not be sold out yet, but will be 85 degrees and sunny the day of the show and have thousands and thousands of people decide to walk up the night of the show and there will be shows that might be sold out now, but will have rain in the city of the show the 2-3 days before and have the market bottom out.

Weather is like 50% of the demand for outdoor events, so until that is a known quantity a lot of this is just pure speculation.

I don't know if weather is gonna play into it that much.  1st Guns tour in 23 years, I think people will show.  I saw U2 in Mpls 2-3 years ago in a monsoon and it was actually pretty fucking cool (and I'm about a 3 on a scale of 1-10 in regards to being a U2 fan).   

• Like 1

22 hours ago, scooby845 said:

any updates on sold-outness?

Citrus Bowl Orlando was sold out as of a week ago.  Not sure if they released more tickets since then though....which I'm assuming will happen eventually.

*Edit.  Other than the VIP packages. 

Edited by Kasanova King

I haven't checked the actual dates, but is it possible that some of the slower markets are also affected because of the shows happening on a week day? Weekend shows are fair game for even those casuals who doubt Axl's ability to show up on time, but those same casuals might be hesitant if it's a week night.

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Citrus Bowl Orlando was sold out as of a week ago.  Not sure if they released more tickets since then though....which I'm assuming will happen eventually.

*Edit.  Other than the VIP packages. 

I'm often annoyed by how promoter says everything is sold out and then when you see the concert when bunch of crowd 'runs forward to the stage' like 30% of the respective zone (fan pit) is left empty... I dont know why they don't let more ticket in order to be totally packed! Is it safety precautions... You know what I mean?