Ticket Demand?

9 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I'm often annoyed by how promoter says everything is sold out and then when you see the concert when bunch of crowd 'runs forward to the stage' like 30% of the respective zone (fan pit) is left empty... I dont know why they don't let more ticket in order to be totally packed! Is it safety precautions... You know what I mean?

Fire Marshall issues...you can only sell so many GA tix per square feet of GA space.

example if you can sell one ticket per one square foot and you have 100 square feet you can only sell 100 tix even if those people bum rush the stage and occupy the closest 50 square feet of the 100 available.

• Like 1

Just now, tsinindy said:

Fire Marshall issues...you can only sell so many GA tix per square feet of GA space.

example if you can sell one ticket per one square foot and you have 100 square feet you can only sell 100 tix even if those people bum rush the stage and occupy the closest 50 square feet of the 100 available.

This.  And promoters don't want the liability and possibility of getting sued if someone gets hurt.

I'm curious about the Mexico city shows.  Someone said they had sold 70k tickets for each show...which means that they would be over capacity.  Capacity for that stadium is around 60-70k for soccer matches but I'm assuming the stage end of the stadium won't be sold...so that would take out what? 20k seats.....so 50k plus whatever they fit on the ground.  Seems like it will be packed in there with 70k people.

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

This.  And promoters don't want the liability and possibility of getting sued if someone gets hurt.

I'm curious about the Mexico city shows.  Someone said they had sold 70k tickets for each show...which means that they would be over capacity.  Capacity for that stadium is around 60-70k for soccer matches but I'm assuming the stage end of the stadium won't be sold...so that would take out what? 20k seats.....so 50k plus whatever they fit on the ground.  Seems like it will be packed in there with 70k people.

Last month the Stones had it sold out with 117,567 for two shows (58,784 per show). If GN'R beats that, it would be very impressive. I'm sure the promoters want to get them down to Brazil, Argentina, and the rest of Latin America as soon as possible.

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I believe Foro Sol actually a baseball stadium...with no seating in the outfield area anyway and that is where the stage is placed.  So they  don't actually lose any permanent seating and add the whole field as GA which dramatically increases the capacity for a concert compared to what it regularly holds.

someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I believe Foro Sol actually a baseball stadium...with no seating in the outfield area anyway and that is where the stage is placed.  So they  don't actually lose any permanent seating and add the whole field as GA which dramatically increases the capacity for a concert compared to what it regularly holds.

someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Ah,  that makes sense then.

3 minutes ago, Changes said:

Wow, interesting! I wonder where GNR's Mexico shows will end up seeing as the Stones' shows at the same venue are on top of that list. 

Well better take screenshot or something because it will change completely next Tuesday (I think) and compare after. 

19 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

I think I've had my ticket for Cincinnati since the end of last week.

It's odd. When I lived in the UK you don't get tickets until 14 days before the show.

I keep checking on them... Just in case.

19 minutes ago, donny said:

it makes sense that a ticket in vegas will be more expensive than a ticket in a third world country 

Yes, especially since that was the first "real" reunion show. Curious to see what kind of total seats and dollar gross they pull in with the shows tonight and tomorrow. 

54 minutes ago, donny said:

it makes sense that a ticket in vegas will be more expensive than a ticket in a third world country 

Looks like the cheapest for GNR are about $27 USD. The country as a whole has an average annual income of about $13k. Theres only so much you can charge for tickets. Although I assume the Guatemala VIP package costs a little extra. 

1 hour ago, Original said:

See GnR while you can people.  Prince just died here in MN at only 57.  Be thankful we have Guns alive and out playing live for us....life is short.  Go enjoy the shows (flaws included) and appreciate Guns for all they were and all they are.

This is about the exact same thing I just told a friend who has questioned me for dropping so much coin on going to see GnR in Vegas and this summer. My bills are paid, I take care of everything I need to for my son...what I do with my disposable income is my fucking business.  Life is too damn short.

Devestating news today, RIP Prince

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tristanj13 said:

My buddy heard on 97.9 WLUP The Loop here in Chicago yesterday that Guns are set to announce a 2nd show Monday. Anyone else catch that?

No, but that's great if they do - hopefully a second one in a couple of other markets as well - Toronto, NJ, etc.

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

This is about the exact same thing I just told a friend who has questioned me for dropping so much coin on going to see GnR in Vegas and this summer. My bills are paid, I take care of everything I need to for my son...what I do with my disposable income is my fucking business.  Life is too damn short.

Devestating news today, RIP Prince

So true.A couple buddy's of mine tried to give me shit for dropping a little over 500 for a pair of tickets for Vegas. I'm still here with my girl ,one of favorite bands growing up about to take stage for first time in 23 years with more then 1 og member,bargain.Money is just paper,last part of pants don't need no pockets.Prince's music wasn't my thing but he was a lot of people's .rip

As mentioned on my profile., I have two extra floor tickets 18 rows from the stage for the Houston show on August 5. My sister bailed on me. My daughter and I are still going. I've ordered a car service to take us. You can ride with us if you aren't a serial killer. Inbox me if you are interested.