Ticket Demand?

Question is how's the capacity in this stadiums for concerts. The numbers listed are basically for football and baseball games.

So if there's an average of 60000 people at every sold out gig, and they sold over a million tickets for the summer tour before adding the last 5 concerts... how many shows were that? 21? So 21x60000 = 1260000. It seams there aren't that many tickets out there. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Question is how's the capacity in this stadiums for concerts. The numbers listed are basically for football and baseball games.

So if there's an average of 60000 people at every sold out gig, and they sold over a million tickets for the summer tour before adding the last 5 concerts... how many shows were that? 21? So 21x60000 = 1260000. It seams there aren't that many tickets out there. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Soldier Field capacity is 60K, however for concerts it's about 48K.  

20 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Seattle isn't selling very well.

Wonder if having Alice open will help (aren't they from Seattle?)  I think the slower markets will need a good opener or 2.  That or they pull the plug on the 2-3 poor markets.

35 minutes ago, Original said:

Wonder if having Alice open will help (aren't they from Seattle?)  I think the slower markets will need a good opener or 2.  That or they pull the plug on the 2-3 poor markets.

They won't pull the plug. Even the bad markets will probably have at least 30,000 (which is a lot better than an arena with 15,000). 

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Cowboys stadium is huge! I don't see that one completely selling out till the last minute. But it does have a huge video board. I imagine concert numbers are close to 70-80,000 in the stadium though 

When Taylor Swift played there last, the attendance was 62,630 (sold-out). I can imagine it was a similar end-stage setup to GNR.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Original said:

AIC is from Seattle, but they haven't been named the opening act for the summer tour yet.  I think that by the night of the show they will have around 35,000, but they aren't there yet.

Any international ticket buyers who have any experience with Will Call? How long before the shows have you gotten the tickets? Do you pick them up where you usually pick up stuff that has been sent/mailed to you? 

EDIT: Got the answer elsewhere. So I pick them up at the venue right? Only need the credit card that I paid with and an ID? Noting else? Picking them up on the day of the show or a couple of days before? 

Damnit. Doesn't matter. Still can't pay with my visa card. :/ At least I'll see them on the 23rd.

Edited by CheapJon

2 hours ago, CheapJon said:

Any international ticket buyers who have any experience with Will Call? How long before the shows have you gotten the tickets? Do you pick them up where you usually pick up stuff that has been sent/mailed to you? 

EDIT: Got the answer elsewhere. So I pick them up at the venue right? Only need the credit card that I paid with and an ID? Noting else? Picking them up on the day of the show or a couple of days before? 

Damnit. Doesn't matter. Still can't pay with my visa card. :/ At least I'll see them on the 23rd.

Recommend changing to printable PDF tickets that you bring along from home, there is no guessing how long the queues are for Will Call tickets at the stadiums. Plus you may need to bring a passport as an international pick-up, not sure.

On 27. april 2016 at 5:20 AM, BadApples87 said:

Seattle isn't selling very well.

Depends on how you will define "well".

It's far from sold out, but a rough estimate tells me they've sold around 35,000 tickets so far.

That's out of 56,000 (which is a capacity number taken from similar end-stage concert events).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, view said:

Recommend changing to printable PDF tickets that you bring along from home, there is no guessing how long the queues are for Will Call tickets at the stadiums. Plus you may need to bring a passport as an international pick-up, not sure.

I couldn't get the option for printable PDF. That's what I normally go for but it seemed like Will Call was the only option for international buyers.

2 hours ago, CheapJon said:

I couldn't get the option for printable PDF. That's what I normally go for but it seemed like Will Call was the only option for international buyers.

For better or for worse, that's often the case with international purchases in an attempt to avoid obvious scalpers.