Ticket Demand?

4 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

So what is actual concert capacity in baseball stadiums like San Fran's AT&T Park and LA's Dodger Stadium? There is a shitload of space on the baseball field if they want to allow people on the field.

I read on a San Fran news article a guy commented that AT&T Park has 40,000 seats but can hold 80,000 when you include people on the field. No clue if he was BSing or there is some truth to it. 

The Police Reunion concert had 55,000 at Dodger.

8 hours ago, fallglimmer said:

The Police Reunion concert had 55,000 at Dodger.

I don't get it...if seating structure capacity is 56 000 and the stage is set on the opposite side of the field (where the homerun baseball hit is headed towards) It would be sensible to say you could pack another 20 000 on the field...wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

I don't get it...if seating structure capacity is 56 000 and the stage is set on the opposite side of the field (where the homerun baseball hit is headed towards) It would be sensible to say you could pack another 20 000 on the field...wouldn't it?

Paul McCartney had 53,000 and it was sold out. So I believe GNR will be in the 50k range.

Have to keep in mind that they aren't selling the seating behind the stage, or the seating that is parallel with it. Also they normally don't put seating over the diamond on the baseball stadiums with grass fields

Edited by fallglimmer

12 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

Have to keep in mind that they aren't selling the seating behind the stage, or the seating that is parallel with it. Also they normally don't put seating over the diamond on the baseball stadiums with grass fields

so there is no standing room on the grass field?

1 hour ago, fallglimmer said:

No there is, but they normally don't put seating on the in field (dirt) area for concerts at ball parks

oh well..thanks... I dont get it why..seems stupid to me..

anyone knows when are the gonna confirm the 2nd Dodger show? Or maybe 3rd? Is there a possibility if the 2nd sells out...?

8 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

oh well..thanks... I dont get it why..seems stupid to me..

anyone knows when are the gonna confirm the 2nd Dodger show? Or maybe 3rd? Is there a possibility if the 2nd sells out...?

The second Dodger Stadium show is up on TM now - 8/19.

Edited by DanielCT
  • Like 1

If that sells out I think they can add 3rd on 20th right? What about 2nd Toronto show?

That would most likely be on the 16th or the 21st. They seldom or never play 3 shows 3 days in a row.

is Guns N Roses getting a guaranteed payday and it is the promotors who are going to lose the money? these shows are selling horribly in alot of markets, I have no idea how alot of these shows are going to happen unless they are fine with playing in front of a more than 1/2 empty venue

• Like 1

I know, some are selling terrible. They are going to end up having some 2 for 1s or buy 1 get 1 half off.

It is still early though. Beyonce recently "postponed" her performance here. Alot of people were saying it was because of ticket sales. I think she sold more than GNR has currently sold.

I actually think they're selling pretty well overall.They are playing 22 cities .Vegas sold out 2 arena shows.Very few bands can pull off stadiums in the US.4 of their shows sold so well that they added another night(sellouts)Toronto is sold out and it looks SF and San Diego is close to sellouts.That's a third of the cities that they are playing that sold out or will sellout.From what I've seen on the boards it sounds like most city's are doing fairly well with exception of Seattle and New Orleans.A 2/3rd full stadium still amounts to close to 40 thousand people which would be 3 sold out nights at the Staples Center in LA

IMHO in Pittsburgh and the other places it's selling poorly, it still goes back to the prices. The cheapest ticket price in LA is $65 ($45 + TicketBastard's unreasonable fees...and yes, I checked, the fees actually ARE $20, which is beyond insane). In Pittsburgh it's even more than that....$71 and change ($46 + the TicketBastard extortion). The LA market can sustain that. In a place like Pittsburgh where median income is far lower, not necessarily so much. I would guess that if they lowered ticket prices or started putting those shows up on the discount sites like Goldstar they WOULD sell out.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, k12 said:

is Guns N Roses getting a guaranteed payday and it is the promotors who are going to lose the money? these shows are selling horribly in alot of markets, I have no idea how alot of these shows are going to happen unless they are fine with playing in front of a more than 1/2 empty venue

On big tours like this, the artist almost always has a "guarantee" payout from the promoters, so they get paid whether they sell 50,000 tickets or just 5 tickets. The promoters are assuming the risk.

1 hour ago, Muddy said:

When they announce who the opening band is and ramp up promotion a bit in the next month then I can see this tour being a huge success sales wise. Adding the second shows in the markets that already sold out is pushing it a bit I think but since the stage and gear are already there it makes sense from a financial standpoint, if the second shows only sell half capacity there will still be a large profit made. 

I really don't thi we're getting an opener at this point. Just a complete guess, but that's what I'm thinking. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I really don't thi we're getting an opener at this point. Just a complete guess, but that's what I'm thinking. 

I wonder.

I just saw Pearl Jam on Friday night.  Ticket listed at 8PM, and they came on about 8:40PM.  No opener.

My Philly ticket says 8:30.  Could that mean they come on like 9:15-9:30, with no opener?

12 minutes ago, D-GenerationX said:

I wonder.

I just saw Pearl Jam on Friday night.  Ticket listed at 8PM, and they came on about 8:40PM.  No opener.

My Philly ticket says 8:30.  Could that mean they come on like 9:15-9:30, with no opener?

Was that the Philly show where they played 10 in its entirety ?Such a great band live ,every show is completely different and they play for 3 plus hours

56 minutes ago, D-GenerationX said:

I wonder.

That's my guess, yeah. The TV commercials said "One night, one band". I know they've added second dates in some markets but for some reason I still think there's no opener. I'm guessing it'll go down exactly as you said. 8:30 on the tickets with an on stage time of anywhere between 9:10 and 9:30 with probably a 2.5-3 hour show to follow.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Spirit said:

Really? What's your estimate then?

40% with resell tickets closer to 60% of seats still available... Now, Jazz Fest just wrapped up so we may see some more interest when the credit cards cool off from that...

13 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

The field should be open unless they have some thing else planned on any of those dates. The Dodgers will be playing away games in Cincinnati. 

if you look at the seating chart for the concerts they have accounted for dirt infield not having seats on it. That is, again, pretty standard for concerts held at stadiums built mostly with baseball in mind that have natural fields.