Ticket Demand?

19 minutes ago, k12 said:

what sux is this is going to also kill a buzz for the band, if they would have done the arena thing and had sell outs, it would have created a good buzz and Guns N Roses would be seen as a cool band again, now this stadium tour is going to come and go and GNR is seeming like a band who should have died in the early 90s

Sure, I think they botched some of the promotion and most of the 2nd shows were a bad idea (or at least the planning and execution were poor).  That being said, they sold an ass-load of expensive tickets already.  A ton of people are paying to see a band that hasn't been relevant in 20 years, doesn't appear to have any new music to unveil, and whose (brief) legacy was tarnished by years of unfortunate versions of the band.   That isn't even considering that, 20 years later, most of the early fans probably don't relate to GNR enough anymore to see them live again - especially at these prices.  I'm guessing the tour will ultimately be considered a success, even if they don't sell a large portion of the remaining tickets.  

I doubt a bunch of 50+ year old dudes can really be considered "cool" again, but Axl's image rehab along with the return of Slash/Duff will win some fans back and make some new ones as well.  IF they do stay together after this tour, IF they make a new album, and IF can live up to lofty expectations, I could one last mainstream resurgence...but I imagine it will be long shot in the current music climate.  

Whatever happens, I'm going to ignore all the negativity and enjoy seeing something I never thought I would: less-fat and better-sounding Axl, SLASH, and Duff onstage together...from 7 rows back in Chicago thanks to the slow sales for July 3rd.  And it shouldn't be too hard - Vegas was amazing, even with Frank, Richard, Melissa, the Throne, and sped-up tempos, and the occasional Mickey voice.

28 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

I'm really interested in seeing Izzy and I am not  going to the shows. I have absolutely no interest in watching Richard Fortus do his pirouettes. 

I know people that aren't going as well due to the line-up.. I know even more people that are not going because of the ass raping prices.

I cut back on my concert going big time in anticipation of this tour.. I had planned on going to Vegas, both hometown shows, Cincy and Met Life... Now I am just doing Vegas and reluctantly one of the home town shows.. The line up and the bands performances have been underwhelming to say the least.. Especially for the money they are charging.. This really isn't a whole lot than different NuGnR when you look at it and I wouldn't pay a dime to see them.

Edited by Tom-Ass

They're advertising the 2nd Chicago show like crazy on local sports radio here...

23 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I know people that aren't going as well due to the line-up.. I know even more people that are not going because of the ass raping prices.

I cut back on my concert going big time in anticipation of this tour.. I had planned on going to Vegas, both hometown shows, Cincy and Met Life... Now I am just doing Vegas and reluctantly one of the home town shows.. The line up and the bands performances have been underwhelming to say the least.. Especially for the money they are charging.. This really isn't a whole lot than different NuGnR when you look at it and I wouldn't pay a dime to see them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but being at the two Vegas shows and watching the other four on periscope, I don't see how anyone can say those shows were underwhelming. After 23 years, I thought the shows were very good, and will only get better in time. 

13 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

Also...

This really isn't a whole lot different than Illusion Era GNR when you look at it.

This is like night and day..

The band sounded twice as good during the Illusion tour.
They had a drummer that didn't suck (who also happened played on the UYI's albums)
They weren't playing 4 CD songs a night
They didn't have a useless green haired raver chick in the band
Also Frank and Fortus play the songs the way they did with NuGnR giving them a NuGuns feel.  Gilby and Matt stayed pretty true to the songs.

4 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

will only get better in time. 

One can only hope. I had a blast in Vegas but I was hammered and it was a special show. Even then I could still hear the flaws.. Going back and watching it on youtube they flaws were that much more noticeable. While there were some good ones, I can hardly get through most songs from any of the six shows. Velvet Revolver and Slash's solo bands do the songs more justice than this band does. I can see how people who were fans of NuGuns would love this.. But then again their standards are questionable if they continued to support that garbage.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

Also...

This really isn't a whole lot different than Illusion Era GNR when you look at it.

First, Izzy did the whole first leg of the Illusions tour. Second, Gilby was not a showboating spotlight hog.

Lastly, Matt was the was the drummer on  the Illusions records , so a lot of the set was stuff he helped create. So it's really not the same at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

This is like night and day..

The band sounded twice as good during the Illusion tour.
They had a drummer that didn't suck (who also happened played on the UYI's albums)
They weren't playing 4 CD songs a night
They didn't have a useless green haired raver chick in the band
Also Frank and Fortus play the songs the way they did with NuGnR giving them a NuGuns feel.  Gilby and Matt stayed pretty true to the songs.

Touché!  

I meant that we have Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, and replacements for Izzy and Steven.  Melissa, Tracy and Roberta, horn section, etc. are all much less relevant, in my opinion.

Frank in place of Matt and Fortus in place of Gilby are lesser downgrades than Slash to Ashba, Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Finck, etc., or at least less noticeable in the overall sound of the band (in my humble opinion...not saying I'm right).

I like seeing Slash's take on the CD solos...closest thing we have to new music right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

First, Izzy did the whole first leg of the Illusions tour. Second, Gilby was not a showboating spotlight hog.

Lastly, Matt was the was the drummer on  the Illusions records , so a lot of the set was stuff he helped create. So it's really not the same at all.

I get it, but...D.J. Ashba vs. Slash?

My comment was in response to idea that Axl/Slash/Duff isn't much different than the NuGNR lineup.  I'm saying it's more comparable to the Illusion Era lineup than NuGNR (NOT exactly the same, or as good).

1 hour ago, Radio flyer said:

I'm actually shocked that Ticketmaster didn't include GNR tickets in their settlement voucher that was released this morning.  It would have been a relatively low key way to fill those seats for the tour that starts in just a few days. 

I have heard nothing about this. 

1 hour ago, Radio flyer said:

I'm actually shocked that Ticketmaster didn't include GNR tickets in their settlement voucher that was released this morning.  It would have been a relatively low key way to fill those seats for the tour that starts in just a few days. 

The list is finally out? I thought for sure they'd put some GnR shows on there

7 hours ago, GoBucky said:

They're advertising the 2nd Chicago show like crazy on local sports radio here...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but being at the two Vegas shows and watching the other four on periscope, I don't see how anyone can say those shows were underwhelming. After 23 years, I thought the shows were very good, and will only get better in time. 

I absolutely agree!

9 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

They're not going to give out free vouchers for one of their headlining acts of 2016.

Also, none of the voucher shows are in my state as of now. Awesome. 

Black Sabbath was on the Ticketmaster voucher list. 

9 hours ago, Inglorious said:

I have heard nothing about this. 

http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement?_ga=1.66535847.882246594.1465498433#colMainWrap

17 hours ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

Also...

If only that were true.

THAT was the golden age for GNR.

THIS is GNR light.  Diet GNR.  GNR zero.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

If only that were true.

THAT was the golden age for GNR.

THIS is GNR light.  Diet GNR.  GNR zero.

1 minute ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

Ummmmmmmmm yea it is :facepalm:

You're right, I agree, and you all are the winners!  The somewhat important context to my comment was....

IF the current lineup is not that different than NuGNR (as previous poster stated, and which I disagree with), THEN I would ALSO say it's not that different than the Illusion Era GNR.  I do think the current lineup is closer to Illusion Era than NuGNR.

• Like 1