Ticket Demand?

5 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

way cheaper? level 100 for Coldplay Soldier Field ranges from 150 - 360$... how is that cheaper?

Are you sure that's face value, directly from Ticketmaster?

Here's the price range for the Coldplay Foxboro show:

LOWER LEVEL SEATING
US $129.50 - US $179.50

FLOOR SEATING*ON FIELD
US $129.50 - US $179.50

CLUB LEVEL SEATING
US $129.50 - US $179.50

MEZZANINE LEVEL SEATING
US $79.50

UPPER LEVEL SEATING
US $29.50 - US $49.50

EDIT: Checked Soldier Field, and it's $3 cheaper than the above listings.

Edited by Spirit

26 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I know you're all gonna start hating cause you;re sensitive to this stuff - but how is it possible that Coldplay can sell out two Soldier Fields and Metlifes and REUNITED GnR cannot? I know they play 10 stadiums in US while GnR 25 but every one of Coldplay's is completely sold out... take a look at Ticketmaster the seconds Soldier Field date...

I am 33.  Of my 504 Facebook friends, 23 "like" Coldplay and a paltry 4 "like" GNR, which makes me very, very sad.  I practically had to give away a 7th row, dead center ticket to the July 3rd show after a few friends backed out.

I know 504 people is a small sample size...and it might just be proof that I am friends with a bunch of losers.

Just now, Use Your Delusion II said:

I am 33.  Of my 504 Facebook friends, 23 "like" Coldplay and a paltry 4 "like" GNR, which makes me very, very sad.  I practically had to give away a 7th row, dead center ticket to the July 3rd show after a few friends backed out.

I know 504 people is a small sample size...and it might just be proof that I am friends with a bunch of losers.

I noticed something on my facebook feed... less than a year ago maybe 5-6 of my friends "liked" GNR.  I checked the other day.  It's up to 16.  Beginnings of world dominance?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Braxon Raine said:

I noticed something on my facebook feed... less than a year ago maybe 5-6 of my friends "liked" GNR.  I checked the other day.  It's up to 16.  Beginnings of world dominance?

I can't say the same, but 38 people did "like" my profile pic of my wife and I dressed as Axl and Slash for Halloween in 2008 (posted this April).  I hope I helped sell at least one Not in This Lifetime Tour ticket with that free advertisement.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Are you sure that's face value, directly from Ticketmaster?

Here's the price range for the Coldplay Foxboro show:

LOWER LEVEL SEATING
US $129.50 - US $179.50

FLOOR SEATING*ON FIELD
US $129.50 - US $179.50

CLUB LEVEL SEATING
US $129.50 - US $179.50

MEZZANINE LEVEL SEATING
US $79.50

UPPER LEVEL SEATING
US $29.50 - US $49.50

EDIT: Checked Soldier Field, and it's $3 cheaper than the above listings.

well i dont understand everything but the blue dots are ticketmaster and the purple one are resale right? so I saw a few of the blue dots are 360$ and that was way higher than the prices of Guns... and aside of that the floor seems to have a lot more seating available... so all in all what would you say - taht Guns tickets are 30% more expensive?

26 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

so you're 33 years old and judging people cause of their taste in music (Coldplay)?? Well...way to go..

22 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

so you're 33 years old and judging people cause of their taste in music (Coldplay)?? Well...way to go..

I'm only joking - I don't mind if you (or anyone else) like Coldplay.  I think I even own one of their first albums.  

Edited by Use Your Delusion II

28 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

well i dont understand everything but the blue dots are ticketmaster and the purple one are resale right? so I saw a few of the blue dots are 360$ and that was way higher than the prices of Guns... and aside of that the floor seems to have a lot more seating available... so all in all what would you say - taht Guns tickets are 30% more expensive?

The blue dots are ticketmaster yes. 

Where were those blue dots? I checked the July 24 Soldier Field show, and the most expensive one I could find was $176.50.

14 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

I'm only joking - I don't mind if you (or anyone else) like Coldplay.  I think I even own one of their first albums.  

well ok then..:lol: still dont get why you had to cancel your GnR concert just cause your friends backed out..why not go alone?

6 minutes ago, Spirit said:

The blue dots are ticketmaster yes. 

Where were those blue dots? I checked the July 24 Soldier Field show, and the most expensive one I could find was $176.50.

well my bad... I didnt zoom in and those were the resale ones.. but even then 176.50$ is higher than GnR's 150$ for the same section...right?

I know if I went to a GNR concert this year...it would have to be alone. Any other women in this forum go to one of their concerts by themselves?? Just curious! I glanced at the Seattle tickets and they had some pretty crazy high prices for some seats.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

well ok then..:lol: still dont get why you had to cancel your GnR concert just cause your friends backed out..why not go alone?

Oh, I'm still going.  I just meant that I ran out of people willing to pay face ($270) or close to it for my extra ticket.  I gave a steep discount to a friend who really wanted to go but didn't have that much cash to blow on GNR - sold it to him for $95.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

well my bad... I didnt zoom in and those were the resale ones.. but even then 176.50$ is higher than GnR's 150$ for the same section...right?

No, the highest price for standard tickets in the lower bowl and field at the GN'R show is $250. Some sections in the lower bowl (at the far end) is $150.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

way cheaper? level 100 for Coldplay Soldier Field ranges from 150 - 360$... how is that cheaper?

but Guns are US band... they're playing at home... shouldn't that be taken into account..?

Coldplay is a light rock radio band with a new album released. Soccer moms and parents with their kids fill their affordable seats. Guns are a classic hard rock band with decades of controversy attached to them, no radio hits in 20+ years and very expensive tickets. The reunion excitement only goes so far when the average fan can't get in unless they sit miles away in the nosebleeds. They're two totally different situations. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I know if I went to a GNR concert this year...it would have to be alone. Any other women in this forum go to one of their concerts by themselves?? Just curious! I glanced at the Seattle tickets and they had some pretty crazy high prices for some seats.

I'm going to be at my seat alone. I found out after I bought my ticket that a friend is going with her nephew. I suspect they won't want to go as early as I will so I might head to the stadium solo. I am not at all worried and I am a worrier. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Coldplay is a light rock radio band with a new album released. Soccer moms and parents with their kids fill their affordable seats. Guns are a classic hard rock band with decades of controversy attached to them, no radio hits in 20+ years and very expensive tickets. The reunion excitement only goes so far when the average fan can't get in unless they sit miles away in the nosebleeds. They're two totally different situations. 

Truth 

13 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

@Gilla999 went to Vegas solo (from the UK), I believe and @emybdc did the same from Brazil (pretty sure Brazil is right).  

Do you see or know of any plans for fan meet ups before the Seeattle show?  May check the Seattle show thread here and search Facebook.  Those are good ways to attend solo without being alone :)

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

@Gilla999 went to Vegas solo (from the UK), I believe and @emybdc did the same from Brazil (pretty sure Brazil is right).  

Do you see or know of any plans for fan meet ups before the Seeattle show?  May check the Seattle show thread here and search Facebook.  Those are good ways to attend solo without being alone :)

No but that's because it's a dream that I can make it to a show this year...but Seattle would be where I could go the easiest since I live in AK. Thank god for Periscope! :)

Bought this week a plane ticket from Amsterdam to Chicago and one ticket for each show (will go on my own). For 1st of July, no GA was available anymore two days ago, so I bought a ticket in section A3. Now suddenly GA tickets appear again, and I was wondering whether anyone has (positive) experience with Ticketmaster exchanging tickets for a better section within 7 days of the event? Or should I try on the day of the event at the "will call" office?

14 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

@tsinindy is right, I did go by myself from Brazil. It was the very first show I went to solo and it was a little weird at first, specially cause US crowds are SO different from Brazil's. But I had the best time! You should totally go, even if it's by yourself. Don't miss it, I can guarantee you won't regret it.

• Like 4

I should add that I've met some people from the forum  (including @Gilla999 :heart:) for drinks before the concert and we walked to the arena together, it was so fun! But my ticket was for a different section, so I've watched the show alone.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JY2016 said:

Bought this week a plane ticket from Amsterdam to Chicago and one ticket for each show (will go on my own). For 1st of July, no GA was available anymore two days ago, so I bought a ticket in section A3. Now suddenly GA tickets appear again, and I was wondering whether anyone has (positive) experience with Ticketmaster exchanging tickets for a better section within 7 days of the event? Or should I try on the day of the event at the "will call" office?

Call Ticketmaster and give it a try.  I exchanged mine last Friday for this Friday's show, no problem.  

47 minutes ago, JY2016 said:

My boyfriend and I both called earlier and were able to upgrade our tickets with no problem. :) 

12 minutes ago, olga said:

My boyfriend and I both called earlier and were able to upgrade our tickets with no problem. :) 

Just called, and although I still see tickets in GA PIT 1 available, the TM person could only transfer my seat against $560 instead of the regular $280 including fees, but that is too much. Maybe will try it tomorrow or at the Will Call office. Well, maybe the seat in a less packed area (row 17 in A3) is not that bad with a jet lag arriving the same day on Friday from Amsterdam with a GA PIT 1 ticket for Sunday... 

7 minutes ago, JY2016 said:

Just called, and although I still see tickets in GA PIT 1 available, the TM person could only transfer my seat against $560 instead of the regular $280 including fees, but that is too much. Maybe will try it tomorrow or at the Will Call office. Well, maybe the seat in a less packed area (row 17 in A3) is not that bad with a jet lag arriving the same day on Friday from Amsterdam with a GA PIT 1 ticket for Sunday... 

Call back.  It depends on who ya get on the other line.  I call it the TM game.