Ticket Demand?

1 hour ago, JY2016 said:

Bought this week a plane ticket from Amsterdam to Chicago and one ticket for each show (will go on my own). For 1st of July, no GA was available anymore two days ago, so I bought a ticket in section A3. Now suddenly GA tickets appear again, and I was wondering whether anyone has (positive) experience with Ticketmaster exchanging tickets for a better section within 7 days of the event? Or should I try on the day of the event at the "will call" office?

I exchanged today for the New Orleans show. Call 1800 653 8000 . Start at 9am. Hold time is up to 15 mins. Be persistent if they say no. Call again an hour later. I've change mine a few times due to new tickets being released over the past 2 weeks. Hope that helps

9 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I know you're all gonna start hating cause you;re sensitive to this stuff - but how is it possible that Coldplay can sell out two Soldier Fields and Metlifes and REUNITED GnR cannot? I know they play 10 stadiums in US while GnR 25 but every one of Coldplay's is completely sold out... take a look at Ticketmaster the seconds Soldier Field date...

It's definitely possible. However I'd pay to see Alice Cooper,  rolling Stones, Tom petty, ac dc, and other rock acts but I'd never be striving to get Coldplay tix. Just doesn't appeal to me. I'd love to see dire straits in concert or I'd even pay fair admission to see George thourouhgood (however it's spelled) but that's just me. I love rock music and I feel old when I don't love the new stuff, but it just doesn't compare. I'm open to new stuff and I give it a listen but 70s 80s and 90s stuff is just better Imo. Guess I'm old lol

Yup @marlingrl03 I travelled all the way from the UK to Vegas solo in April - I agonized over it for ages and in the end thought FUCK IT! And was so glad that I did, it was literally one of the best few days of my life.  It's a cliche but with meeting up with people from this forum, it didn't really feel like travelling alone - you can obviously hang out with others or go off and do your own thing if you want to, so the best of both worlds! I will 100% be doing it again for the Europe shows - road trip anyone?  :headbang:

Enjoy Seatlle @tsinindy - I can't wait for NY

@emybdc :heart::heart::heart:

Edited by Gilla999
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

God the guy who runs that loser really is a loser

If anyone ever actually runs into this guy and he tries to refer to himself as a journalist I would hope you have the decency to throat punch him on behalf of all of us here at mygnr.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AtGame7 said:

Would they consider cancelling a show due to poor ticket sales?  The Pittsburgh show is REALLY not selling well.

It won't be canceled.

Right now, if they close off the upper bowl, and move the people down to the two lower bowls, it's pretty much filled up.

2 hours ago, Pittsburghjay21 said:

Honestly if they would have announced an opener for Pittsburgh, sales would go a tad faster. 

Do you think that it's possible they won't have an opener in the burgh? Maybe just a local band or something to provide background noise until the start of the show? 

I get the sense that they're actually trying to be done by the curfews. In D.C. The other night, the ticket said 8:00. They started at 9:23 and the show was over at 12:02. I'm assuming that D.C. Has a 12:00 curfew. It was also a Sunday night. My tix for Pittsburgh say 7:30. So is it possible that since its on a Tuesday night, there might be an 11:00 curfew or something? If so, I doubt there will be an opener. 

56 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

Man, that 2nd Chicago show looks like there are seats available everywhere

I just looked at the seating chart and noticed huge blocks of tickets on the floor have disappeared today in Sections B2-4.  I'm pretty sure they didn't actually sell - either TM is back to withholding more tickets temporarily, or those are going to giveaways or some other deal.

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎29 at 7:01 PM, tsinindy said:

If anyone ever actually runs into this guy and he tries to refer to himself as a journalist I would hope you have the decency to throat punch him on behalf of all of us here at mygnr.

Would be fun to know who that guy is that runs Altnation... Bet that he/she his a member on this forum. Hate that shitty site.

Edited by estranged_85

21 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

So today ticketmaster told me they couldnt exchange tickets for the New Orleans show because of the Superdome no exchange policy.. is this bullshit???

Its not bullshit. They have a return/exchange policy on their website that specifically states its available 7 days or more before a concert and is only allowed if the venue participates in ticket exchanges/refunds. I exchanged mine and paid the difference last night.

I've never paid to attention to ticket sales before. I am starting to find this stuff interesting.

I had checked the KC seating chart during the weekend right before the DC concert and there were still a lot of empty seats all over the place. Like half a row here, a few seats in a row there. Stuff like that. When DC closed off their top level I wondered if they'd close off the top level KC as well and if it would be as messy reseating all of those people. Then when the seating chart was posted on the KC thread with most of the seats filled  it surprised me. I was in a little disbelief that, that many tickets suddenly sold in only a handful of days before the show. I didn't automatically guess they were closing the top levels because they still showed some seats available up there. Which I guess kind of makes sense in hindsight. Might as well. If you get a few impulse buyers for the cheap seats then you can move them down as well.

Forgive me for being the noob here AND asking what is probably a dumb question...I see people mentioning calling TM and some having luck exchanging tix for the shows that still show plenty of tickets available.  I have 2 tickets to Sunday's show in Chicago that's still showing a ton of tickets available.  Okay, for the dumb part: Do you have to pay the difference in face value of the tickets or are they doing this for free in certain cases?  I'm also a Nighttrain member if that helps at all.  Thanks for having me!

56 minutes ago, rolltide2014 said:

Forgive me for being the noob here AND asking what is probably a dumb question...I see people mentioning calling TM and some having luck exchanging tix for the shows that still show plenty of tickets available.  I have 2 tickets to Sunday's show in Chicago that's still showing a ton of tickets available.  Okay, for the dumb part: Do you have to pay the difference in face value of the tickets or are they doing this for free in certain cases?  I'm also a Nighttrain member if that helps at all.  Thanks for having me!

You have to pay the difference if you're upgrading to a more expensive seat. If your desired seat is in the same price range, though, there should be no charge.

1 hour ago, sanity_lost said:

I've never paid to attention to ticket sales before. I am starting to find this stuff interesting.

I had checked the KC seating chart during the weekend right before the DC concert and there were still a lot of empty seats all over the place. Like half a row here, a few seats in a row there. Stuff like that. When DC closed off their top level I wondered if they'd close off the top level KC as well and if it would be as messy reseating all of those people. Then when the seating chart was posted on the KC thread with most of the seats filled  it surprised me. I was in a little disbelief that, that many tickets suddenly sold in only a handful of days before the show. I didn't automatically guess they were closing the top levels because they still showed some seats available up there. Which I guess kind of makes sense in hindsight. Might as well. If you get a few impulse buyers for the cheap seats then you can move them down as well.

I have also found the Ticketmaster games to be interesting.  Watching tickets appear, disappear, and appear again; price changes; VIP seats converted to regular seats; Travelzoo deals; section closings; etc.  However, it is maddening to buy seats for $250 a pop and see a bunch of better seats appear several weeks later.

5 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

I have also found the Ticketmaster games to be interesting.  Watching tickets appear, disappear, and appear again; price changes; VIP seats converted to regular seats; Travelzoo deals; section closings; etc.  However, it is maddening to buy seats for $250 a pop and see a bunch of better seats appear several weeks later.

The TM game is bullshit.  The "convenience fees" etc....but guess what- we all keep using them.  It sucks.  I'm shocked they don't give us Vaseline with each purchase....since they are gonna bend us over and fuck us!  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, olga said:

You have to pay the difference if you're upgrading to a more expensive seat. If your desired seat is in the same price range, though, there should be no charge.

Okay that's kind of what I figured.  I'll have to check if they lowered the face value on any of the tickets for that show...anyone know if they ever do that if a show is struggling to sell like this one is?  Worst case I should be able to move quite a bit closer in the same level.

13 minutes ago, Original said:

The TM game is bullshit.  The "convenience fees" etc....but guess what- we all keep using them.  It sucks.  I'm shocked they don't give us Vaseline with each purchase....since they are gonna bend us over and fuck us!  

Ticket Monster is truly the worst and made worse by the fact there aren't competive ways to buy tickets. p.s. astroglide is better ;p