Ticket Demand?

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That's my guess, yeah. The TV commercials said "One night, one band". I know they've added second dates in some markets but for some reason I still think there's no opener. I'm guessing it'll go down exactly as you said. 8:30 on the tickets with an on stage time of anywhere between 9:10 and 9:30 with probably a 2.5-3 hour show to follow.

I think the Vegas promos said "one band" didn't they?

The second LA show on 8/19 has sold fairly well, but the Ticket Packages are starting to peter out - especially the  $750 "Paradise City" ticket. If they don't sell by the week of the show, watch for some great tickets being released at $250 or less. 

Still a LOT of tickets left for the second Chicago show. Ten years ago, The Rolling Stones did a tour where in each city they performed at a stadium, an arena and a theater. GNR double dipping in stadiums may prove to be a disaster for the promoters but a real bargain for Chicago fans, since the promoters will quietly dump tickets the week of the show at deep discounts. So.....if you are in Chicago and want to see this show, I HIGHLY recommend waiting until the last minute to grab a bargain. Or....you can spend $750 for that "Paradise City" experience and hear that the people in the seats around you just snapped up their tickets for 1/3 of your price....or cheaper. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 11.15.35 PM.png

Edited by radioflyer

I suspect multiple stadium shows are 'a bridge too far' as you have to expect to sell anything from 100,000 - 120,00 in markets with two shows to make even! Now I know places like Chicago are major metropolitan hubs but where I live I barely no one Guns N' Roses fan haha. It is alright slashing prices to $40 on the second night, but then you have to think about profit and the rental on a place like Dodgers Stadium.

100, 000 - 120,000 is mammoth ball-busting territory - Stones, U2, Madonna, Michael Jackson (god rest his soul) territory. Guns N' Roses are not that big, surely? I first got into Guns in 1992, at their commercial peak and they played a lot of multiple shows but in smaller venues, 20-30,000 seaters, and this was GN'R at their absolute peak with hit singles and Axl and Slash, in their youthful glory, plastered over the media!!

PS

If the first dates are selling well, North America has certainly re-found its love of Guns N' Roses. Axl and Slash couldn't get arrested in the United States just one year ago haha. I honestly do not know why the Americans are flocking to these and paying this much to sell these stadia - I know why we are, people on mygnr, but that is a minuscule demographic. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

GnR reunion is was above the league you mentioned ...well maybe not Stones but still.. No other artist has performed 25 stadiums in US in the last 25 years (except Taylor Swift)... and the last time it was Guns again in 1992....

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

GnR reunion is was above the league you mentioned ...well maybe not Stones but still.. No other artist has performed 25 stadiums in US in the last 25 years (except Taylor Swift)... and the last time it was Guns again in 1992....

I disagree on all accounts. For starters, Guns did not really play stadia in 1992 except with Metallica. They tended to do multiple nights in 20,000 seaters, your larger arenas basically. And what about U2's 360 degrees tour? That was mammoth ball-busting stadiums.

4 hours ago, radioflyer said:

. So.....if you are in Chicago and want to see this show, I HIGHLY recommend waiting until the last minute to grab a bargain.

Would you recommend that for boston aswell? Lots of tickets there too.

2 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

What i dont understand: How come Pit 1 costs 1750 $ and Pit 2 only 280$, although its basically the same, just on the other side of the stage

I presume there's only VIP packages left for Pit 1.

SMH, this again. I thought the billboard article that stated the band sold over a million tickets to the tour(even before the last five shows were added) would have put the this discussion to rest. And those that think the promoters arent gonna make money are even crazier. Several more shows like San Diego, San Francisco, Orlando, Detroit should be sold out very shortly. And Houston, Philly, Washington D.C., 2nd LA show, ect will be sold out before show time. Hopefully that shuts some people up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I disagree on all accounts. For starters, Guns did not really play stadia in 1992 except with Metallica. They tended to do multiple nights in 20,000 seaters, your larger arenas basically. And what about U2's 360 degrees tour? That was mammoth ball-busting stadiums.

So you do not agree even with a Taylor Swift fact...? Yeah I admit I omitted some facts regarding U2 but (I know this isn;t really an excuse) if Guns was that cinematic and grandiose with all the light effects and stuff maybe they could pull it off too.. And if you see UYI info it states GnR played for over 7mil people while it is the same amount for U2 360... So U2 is not THAT superior to Guns... even though their longevity guarantees their legacy and success...

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

What i dont understand: How come Pit 1 costs 1750 $ and Pit 2 only 280$, although its basically the same, just on the other side of the stage

Really? That's fucking lame. Only thing I can think of is maybe they're literally putting different value on seeing Duff for most of the gig as opposed to Slash? That'd be so shitty if that's the case though, GA should be first in first served regardless of safety barriers etc.

1 minute ago, cremefraiche said:

Really? That's fucking lame. Only thing I can think of is maybe they're literally putting different value on seeing Duff for most of the gig as opposed to Slash? That'd be so shitty if that's the case though, GA should be first in first served regardless of safety barriers etc.

The $1750 one is a VIP ticket while the $280 one is a standard ticket.

If Pit 1 shows a price of $1750 as the cheapest, that just means the standard GA tickets are sold-out for Pit 1.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I know I already asked and someone answered me that Billboard updates boxscore every tuesday...so where is it?

It's not updated yet. They will probably update it in an hour or so.

I'm going to the show at Ford Field. Bought them the week they went on sale. Don't have the megabuck seats, but I dropped $280 per.  Its the opener, i can't wait!!!!  Hoping Izzy may show up. 

As far as ticket go, it's about sold out. Only some tickets in the 3 worst upper deck corner view, worst possible sound area sections are left

4 minutes ago, ll_tj1 said:

I'm going to the show at Ford Field. Bought them the week they went on sale. Don't have the megabuck seats, but I dropped $280 per.  Its the opener, i can't wait!!!!  Hoping Izzy may show up. 

As far as ticket go, it's about sold out. Only some tickets in the 3 worst upper deck corner view, worst possible sound area sections are left

Unless a LOT of tickets sold this afternoon, there's still quite a bit left for Detroit. I'm going and I'll enjoy the show either way, there's still many tickets in the lower bowl from what Ford Fields website says. 

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If the first dates are selling well, North America has certainly re-found its love of Guns N' Roses. Axl and Slash couldn't get arrested in the United States just one year ago haha. I honestly do not know why the Americans are flocking to these and paying this much to sell these stadia

It's VERY simple fella:

TUNES

5 hours ago, GoBucky said:

What's the story with the 6:30 start time at the Dodger Stadium shows? Is there an early curfew there or will there be multiple openers? 

I'm guessing it's a curfew thing. Dodger Stadium is adjacent to a residential area with narrow streets on one side. Getting out of there after a game can take a long time due to the traffic. I would guess they're trying to ensure that the show will be over and people will be out of there by midnight to minimize disruption to the local residents.

Edited by stella

6 hours ago, GoBucky said:

What's the story with the 6:30 start time at the Dodger Stadium shows? Is there an early curfew there or will there be multiple openers? 

Huh odd.  But it's LA- is it a traffic deal?   Or I bet LA will be a "special" night with a kick ass opener or 2 and multiple special guests.  Either way Guns won't go on til 10.  As far as curfew- no way.  Baseball games don't have curfew and they can go late (extra innings etc....).