Ticket Demand?

2 hours ago, Original said:

Huh odd.  But it's LA- is it a traffic deal?   Or I bet LA will be a "special" night with a kick ass opener or 2 and multiple special guests.  Either way Guns won't go on til 10.  As far as curfew- no way.  Baseball games don't have curfew and they can go late (extra innings etc....). 

As someone else mentioned, there *have* been noise complaints in the past. Dodgers is up on a hill next to a regular neighborhood. If a baseball game goes until midnight the sound probably won't be enough to bug people. If a concert at 110 decibels goes to midnight, the sound *will* carry and probably piss a lot of people off. Dodgers just started having concerts again recently and they probably don't want to screw it up.

And the traffic at Dodger Stadium is really way more than a clusterfuck than a lot of people realize. We're talking one lane-per-direction streets.  It can take you an hour to get out of there and back to the freeway after a game sometimes (but that still means you're out before midnight...7:00 game runs until say 10 or 10:30, and even with an hour in traffic you're on your way by 11:30). They probably don't want lots of traffic and honking horns past midnight.

Edited by stella

These tickets are selling without promotion and a not fully reunited lineup. Imagine had the Appettite lineup reunited and they had done lots of press. Every show would be sold out by now and perhaps more added. There are still people who have no idea Slash is back in the band. 

Eventually every show will be sold out. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cremefraiche said:

To be fair, it isn't THAT simple, otherwise Ashba and co. would have been playing venues this size all along

Okay then, Axl AND Slash together for the first time in 20+ years touring the US playing those TUNES. 

Not directed towards yourself, but I'm struggling to understand people's disbelief (especially on here) that a massive American b(r)and is selling out stadiums on their massively promoted American comeback tour  

Where does the shock come from with all we know and the info we're privy to on this very forum?

if Ashba and the rest were still in the band and they were selling out Dodger stadium in 2016 then yes I'd be struggling to see how.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

These tickets are selling without promotion and a not fully reunited lineup. Imagine had the Appettite lineup reunited and they had done lots of press. Every show would be sold out by now and perhaps more added. There are still people who have no idea Slash is back in the band. 

Eventually every show will be sold out. 

unless they are going to sell tickets for 25 Cents, I am guessing none of the shows are going to be sold out, and those Chicago, NY, LA, Boston shows that are claimed sell outs, are going to have tickets available on the week of the show, they always hold back alot of tickets when they are planning on adding another show

and a full appetite-reunion is going to do nothing as far as helping sales, the reunion is Slash and Axl, anyone else the average person is not concerned with

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I've read this three times and amstruggling to find anything in it that is actually true.

so you are thinking every show is going to be sold out by the time the shows come, and you think if Steven and Izzy were in the band there would be tens of thousands of more tickets sold per show?

Just now, The Real McCoy said:

Can't we just be happy that the guys are back together (something that we thought would NEVER happen), and that the shows are selling extremely well?

Most of us are as happy as a person could be ( millions and millions around the world).. Just a little few are looking for something wrong

Not surprise at all that the whole tour will be an extra masive ( record) sold out.. I mean.. This is GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES after all.

Do u imagine this plus some new álbum and some other gunners being part ( izzy, or adler, or sorum, .. . )??  Oh.. 

God..  How huge, special, unique ,  and awesome is GUNS N' ROSES ha? Great times, beyond dreamed times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, k12 said:

so you are thinking every show is going to be sold out by the time the shows come, and you think if Steven and Izzy were in the band there would be tens of thousands of more tickets sold per show?

I didn't say every show would be sold out....YOU said "I'm guessing none of the shows are going to be sold out".

And yes.....if Izzy and or Steven were involved, more tickets wold sell, I know that for a fact.   How many?  I don't know.  Like I said I couldn't find one single thing in your statement that I felt to be true.  

Edited by tsinindy

I could give a rats ass on if my show is sold out.  As far as I'm concerned, I hope it's just me and them!   They are guaranteed their pay and under contract to play for a set amount of time, so bring it on!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Original said:

I could give a rats ass on if my show is sold out.  As far as I'm concerned, I hope it's just me and them!   They are guaranteed their pay and under contract to play for a set amount of time, so bring it on!

:lol:

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I have just seen that 2nd LA show is basically 80% sold out.. Any chance of a third show on 16th preceding the confirmed two? And why aren't they adding second Toronto show cause the first is already sold out?

I think you're counting only the Nightrain seats. If you include the Citi pre-sale, there are quite a lot of seats left.

Not to worry though, it was the same situation with Dodger Stadium for the first date. About 30% of the seats went in the pre-sale, then it all vanished as soon as the general sale started.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 3:27 PM, gt72 said:

Was that the Philly show where they played 10 in its entirety ?Such a great band live ,every show is completely different and they play for 3 plus hours

Yeah, it was incredible.

Someone else in the box got the setlist ahead of time.  I believed it, by my buddy didn't.  But by the time they started 'Alive', we knew.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spirit said:

No, but Orlando and San Diego are extremely close.

Hard to see how close they are to being sold out, when i go to ticket master interactive map they take me to a resale website for most shows.

Orlando, San Diego, San Francisco are 95% sold or better. They should be sold out soon.

I remember Philadelphia, Houston, and Washington doing real well too. Its hard to see how well cause those shows interactive map take you straight to the same resale website.

6 minutes ago, P1g Vomit said:

Hard to see how close they are to being sold out, when i go to ticket master interactive map they take me to a resale website for most shows.

Orlando, San Diego, San Francisco are 95% sold or better. They should be sold out soon.

I remember Philadelphia, Houston, and Washington doing real well too. Its hard to see how well cause those shows interactive map take you straight to the same resale website.

Yeah, that's the same problem I was having. From what I could tell, it looks like Pittsburgh is still really slow in terms of sales. Hope it picks up because it would be awesome if they could actually pull off this whole tour with sellouts or at least 80-90%

11 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

You can click something somewhere and eliminate all the resale tickets from being shown.  

Sales for day 2 in Chicago have really slowed to a crawl.  Entire rows on the floor in the A and B sections must have been withheld and are now appearing as available.  I got Section A2 row 18 in the Citi presale - didn't think I would be able to get better seats a couple weeks later...