Ticket Demand?

38 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

A couple late night interviews wouldn't hurt at all...Fallon, Conan & Kimmel.

You may be onto something.

At this point it does seem odd that there hasn't been much promo. But I also look at the Calendar and see the farthest out show is still 3+ months away. I think you've got to time it right and it might still be too early. Even the first show is 5 weeks away. Didn't AC/DC start the promo for that Lisbon show a day or two before? Their fans were kept pretty well in the dark up until that point.

We might wake up tomorrow with free Dr. Pepper and a reason to go to best buy!!

But this is GNR. This is Axl's band. I learned to accept that the way it's handled is just the way the puck skids.

• Like 1

This seems to be as good a place as any to bring this up:

Have we heard anything about the billboard boxoffice numbers for Mexico City? I figured that some news article would have mentioned if it had been released, Alternative Nation if no one else since they like to scrape the bottom of the barrel for GNR news, but I haven't seen anything at all. I am starting to wonder if it was there and I missed it. 

1 hour ago, sanity_lost said:

This seems to be as good a place as any to bring this up:

Have we heard anything about the billboard boxoffice numbers for Mexico City? I figured that some news article would have mentioned if it had been released, Alternative Nation if no one else since they like to scrape the bottom of the barrel for GNR news, but I haven't seen anything at all. I am starting to wonder if it was there and I missed it. 

No it wasn't there. The only Guns' shows that appeared on that list were the Vegas ones.

For the Metlife second show, I didn't check the seat prices when they were first posted but I assume they were the same as the Saturday show. The seat that I paid $285 for on Saturday is now going for $155 on Sunday. Sunday is less convenient for me due to work, but if only I had known...

6 hours ago, view said:

Have they done much promotion for the Chicago gig before slashing prices? Not sure why the panic is starting this early..

My guess is they figured the people who would spend $250 + fees on a ticket (me) know about these shows already (I do), and that a commercial or billboard wasn'the going to sell many of the expensive seats.  I did hear a few radio spots a couple weeks ago.

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

There were commercials, radio ads, ,movie trailers, and billboards

Aside from interviews and talk shows I'd say there's been promotion

The promotion seemed to be focused on the original on sale date.  I could be wrong, but there was much less hype for the second set of shows.  A lot of my friends didn't know about the 2nd Chicago show until I told them, but they knew about the 1st one.

12 hours ago, k12 said:

fucking scum they are, I bought a ticket for the 2nd night in Chicago for $300, they are now selling them for $150, fucking scum they are

There should seriously be some kind of legal action that can be taken for this shit.

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

There should seriously be some kind of legal action that can be taken for this shit.

It sucks, but I guess it's not much different than an item going on sale after you buy it, or any of the 2 for 1 concert ticket offers you see.  SOMEBODY paid full price before you got that deal.  Maybe the hidden message is that concert tickets are kind of like stocks.  Their value can rise and fall, and promoters (not just scalpers) will price accordingly - even if it means someone pays X for a ticket and the next person pays half that a day later.  

I need to get rid of 2 of my 4 tix to the July 3rd Chicago show ($250 face, A2).  I'm expecting to lose a decent amount of $ on them because they aren't much better than some seats which just got reduced to $150.  I'm not pissed, but I probably won't feel too bad if I have to get rid of tickets sometime down the road and can make a profit instead.

1 minute ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

It sucks, but I guess it's not much different than an item going on sale after you buy it, or any of the 2 for 1 concert ticket offers you see.  SOMEBODY paid full price before you got that deal.  Maybe the hidden message is that concert tickets are kind of like stocks.  Their value can rise and fall, and promoters (not just scalpers) will price accordingly - even if it means someone pays X for a ticket and the next person pays half that a day later.  

I need to get rid of 2 of my 4 tix to the July 3rd Chicago show ($250 face, A2).  I'm expecting to lose a decent amount of $ on them because they aren't much better than some seats which just got reduced to $150.  I'm not pissed, but I probably won't feel too bad if I have to get rid of tickets sometime down the road and can make a profit instead.

Eh, I take that back.  I'd still feel guilty.

• Like 1

Tickets are showing as available for VIP packages in Toronto.  Prices in Canadian Funds.

$492 for Live and Let Die VIP Tour Package - Section A5 Row 11 (14 tickets available at time of posting)

$747 for Paradise City VIP Lounge Package - Section A5 Row 9 (12 tickets available at time of posting)

I wouldn't pay this much but with nosebleeds going for $300+ on resale this may be a good option for some.  Resale tickets in A5 range from $700 - $1200 for just the ticket.

LIVE AND LET DIE VIP TOUR PACKAGE
Package includes:
One premium reserved seat in the first 20 rows behind the GA Pit!
Limited edition Guns N Roses VIP book in custom packaging!
VIP commemorative concert ticket
Private VIP check in location with red carpet entrance
VIP Concierge team on site

PARADISE CITY VIP LOUNGE PACKAGE
Package includes:
One premium reserved seat in the first 10 rows behind the GA Pit!
Invitation to the Paradise City Lounge including: hot and cold hors d' oeuvres, beer, wine, and signature cocktails*
DJ rockin' your favorite GN'R hits!
Photo booth set up, GN'R trivia and more!
One parking space per order (where available)
Official Guns N Roses Paradise City Lounge laminate
Limited edition Guns N Roses VIP book in custom packaging!
VIP commemorative concert ticket
Early entrance into the venue
Crowdfree tour merchandise shopping
Private VIP check in location with red carpet entrance
VIP photo opportunity at red carpet entrance in front of the VIP backdrop to commemorate your night!
VIP Concierge team on site
Edited by Maynard James Keenan

15 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The seats I paid $308 (with fees) for in Foxboro are being sold for $155 (before fees) the second show.. Such fucking BS...

Jesus christ you got fucked. That sucks, I feel bad for telling you stadium prices would be significantly less than vegas... They're the fucking same

Frustrating man, sorry

• Like 1

Guys, if you allready bought tickets, why are you still looking at the prices? Don't do it! You allready gave big bucks to see your band, you don't have to get yourself pissed for doing it. You couldn't know!

I live more than 7 000km far from the nearest show, and I'm student and I'm broke! I would sell my kidney to be there, but I can't. So, just be excited to be there and say FUCK IT!

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I thought New Orleans was sold out as atlanta too... only phoenix is falling behind... anyone care to post the seating chart?

New Orleans is nowhere near "sold out"