Ticket Demand?

6 hours ago, pacu44 said:

HEAVY advertising since March. Showing Izzy and Addler pic... MISLEADING ADVERTISING...

Untitled.jpg

That's from a Facebook Community page, probably created by some bozo like you or I and is not in any way official or connected directly to the band.

• Like 1

No promoter worth his salt would ever admit such defeat as cancelling a second show. They'd give out free tickets to friends and family before that ever happened, especially on a 'comeback' tour

This sort of thing happens all the time when promoters slightly misjudge the market or whatever. They aren't sitting there saying "let's put on an extra show, fully knowing it won't sell well and then offer other fans reduced prices to annoy the ones dedicated enough to pay full price!!" There are many fans who are now able to see the show because of A) a second show or B) reduction in expense.  

It's just tough luck I guess, no legal shadiness at all. I live in NZ where often if a band hasn't quite filled a venue towards the week of a show they will put out reduced tickets just to fill the last few spaces and it's just something you gotta live with. Think of it like paying the extra for the security of knowing you're definitely gonna be there etc. People who may be just as big a fan as you or I are now jumping for joy that they can afford to go to this awesome event now. 

I agree that it can be very annoying - I once went to a festival that was getting canned so on the last day they started letting people in for free after 5pm just because why not, and to be honest not many people really gave a shit it was a more the merrier situation. Also once lined up to get tickets for the chilis and only seats available by the time we got to purchasing were at the very back so thought it's better than not seeing them at all - half an hour later they announce a second show and it was the biggest clusterfuck trying to swap someone seated tickets for GA the next night, but at the end of the day its win-win for the band and the fans, except the people who are bitter about having to pay more. If you were willing to pay that much, and you did, then who cares what someone else is paying? The people paying the reduced price have spent the last few months probably coming to terms with the fact they won't be seeing the guys on this tour, I'd personally be happy to pay extra to secure my ticket for the hype of every morning knowing i am one sleep closer to seeing axl, slash and duff play together again!

Edited by cremefraiche

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I bet they do an interview soon. 

I think they gotta do something pretty soon to start cranking up the hype again.

Axl being in Europe, it can't be a filmed interview. Maybe conference call put into print? 

Things have been extra quiet since those Troubador once a day things... 

I think they overestimated how many people were willing and able to pay those ticket prices. There are plenty of people who would have loved to have bought tickets a long time ago, but were priced out. It seems to be an issue facing a lot of tours right now; Live Nation recently had a bunch of shows on sale for $20 to try to move tickets.

On 5/26/2016 at 6:21 PM, k12 said:

fucking scum they are, I bought a ticket for the 2nd night in Chicago for $300, they are now selling them for $150, fucking scum they are

On 5/26/2016 at 6:48 AM, Tom-Ass said:

The seats I paid $308 (with fees) for in Foxboro are being sold for $155 (before fees) the second show.. Such fucking BS...

as some of us said since the beginning, this is a blatant cash grab farewell tour and things like this happen under such circumstances. the only thing that matters here to the GNR estate is money.

it's just another clear indication of how painfully mismanaged and out of touch the 'band' is with their fans. and using the term 'band' is really pushing it because, just like 'NuGuns' (whatever the hell that abomination was), this current incarnation of individuals is nowhere close to being a 'band'. a 'band', afterall, is at least professionally cohesive and focused on practicing, recording, and releasing new music. but, there will never be another album of original music. whatsmore, they all sound and look like shit outside of Duff. why would anyone support such an obvious scam?

anyway, i'm still in touch with a good 10-15 people who attended tons of different shows back in the day and no one has bought a ticket.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 2:54 PM, tsinindy said:

That's from a Facebook Community page, probably created by some bozo like you or I and is not in any way official or connected directly to the band.

Don't be so sure about that.

They REALLY need to get around to lowering the price of Detroit tickets. They released a TON of tickets a couple weeks ago and all of them are still available. As it stands a ton of the floor is unsold along with several sections being next to empty. 

They need to do a whole hell of a lot more to move tickets and they need to do it fast.

• Like 1

It would also help if they would announce the openers for these other shows.  They keep sending tweets out about stuff we already know and keeping half of

the other cities in the dark until a month before. A solid opener in some of these other cities could pick sales up a little I would think...

Wonder if Axl even cares about Guns....now that he's in ACDC?    Feel bad for Duff and all he did to reunite Guns.   Hopefully these stadiums sell out (still think they shoulda done 3-5 stadiums to wet appetite and then a massive arena tour), but with TB ya never know.  Glad I saw both Vegas shows!

1 hour ago, Original said:

Wonder if Axl even cares about Guns....now that he's in ACDC?    Feel bad for Duff and all he did to reunite Guns.   Hopefully these stadiums sell out (still think they shoulda done 3-5 stadiums to wet appetite and then a massive arena tour), but with TB ya never know.  Glad I saw both Vegas shows!

if he is getting a guaranteed pay day regardless of whether it is 100% capacity or 50% capacity I am sure he is not all that concerned

However I am sure he and the rest of the band is going to do some promotion like Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel when Axl is back in the states

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

They REALLY need to get around to lowering the price of Detroit tickets. They released a TON of tickets a couple weeks ago and all of them are still available. As it stands a ton of the floor is unsold along with several sections being next to empty. 

They need to do a whole hell of a lot more to move tickets and they need to do it fast.

what do you mean? aren't all tickets release at once?

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

Not sure where to post this but it doesn;t seem well regarding ticket sales... Isnt it better to lower the price rather than close the 300 section?

http://patch.com/massachusetts/foxborough/selectmen-reject-extended-curfew-guns-n-roses-show-0

THe curfew? lol GnR starts at 11:40 pm...

You do realize that article is written by a complete fucking hack who has no clue what the fuck is actually going on.

Edited by tsinindy

35 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You do realize that article is written by a complete fucking hack who has no clue what the fuck is actually going on.

well i do not know whence i can derive info.. perhaps he has a little bit more insight than us...