Ticket Demand?

42 minutes ago, GunsDK said:

Typically it's the promoter that makes the decision to release seats, downgrade VIP seats to regular seats, offer discounts etc. TM doesn't make those decisions.

Yes they do, TM is the promoter for this tour.

44 minutes ago, GunsDK said:

Typically it's the promoter that makes the decision to release seats, downgrade VIP seats to regular seats, offer discounts etc. TM doesn't make those decisions.

Live Nation is the promoter. Ticketmaster is the same company, they merged a few years back.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Yes they do, TM is the promoter for this tour.

Yep. Live Nation=Ticketmaster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Nation_Entertainment

Live Nation Entertainment is an American entertainment company, formed from the merger of Live Nation and Ticketmaster. It owns, leases, operates, has booking rights for and/or equity interest in a large number of U.S. entertainment venues.

Isn't the ticket/concert industry great?? They're looking out for the fans.:max:

19 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Live Nation is the promoter. Ticketmaster is the same company, they merged a few years back.

I know they are both part of Live Nation Entertainment. But they are two seperate entities. TM just handles the ticketing aspect, and sells tickets for other promoters too. 

So is Ticketmaster the safest way to get tickets? I just got my time off approved at work but if I can get the plane tickets, hotel and tickets to the show.....it looks I will be going to my 1st GNFNR concert EVER!!!!! In San Francisco! :)

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

So is Ticketmaster the safest way to get tickets? I just got my time off approved at work but if I can get the plane tickets, hotel and tickets to the show.....it looks I will be going my 1st GNFNR concert EVER!!!!! In San Francisco! :)

The best way by far

• Like 1

Just now, Radio flyer said:

Yes- there is a ticket dump right now for the second Chicago show. $20 tickets 

http://m.travelzoo.com/entertainment/chicago-midwest/-20-sunday-guns-n-roses-reunion-tour-in-chicago-2288911/

I was just looking at the tickemaster map, seems to be about 20% seats left.

A couple of days ago there were probably over 50% seats left.

Do any of you people not feel sickened by GN'R expecting these prices from their fans? Surely if they reduced their tickets to a more moderate $40 sum they would sell out the rest of these dates easily, and be congratulated by their fanbase for their public spiritness - it would be a win win scenario. Was GN'R formed to fleece fans like this? Was this all it was ever about for this group of people? Lapsed fan now (I'm afraid to say).

So far this what the second show for Chicago looks like, which is in two days. A few days ago there was like 80% of tickets still available in EVERY section so I highly doubt all of those tickets were sold. They closed of the entire top tier on the right side of the stage, I'm really curious to see how this night will turn out

Screenshot (6).png

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Do any of you people not feel sickened by GN'R expecting these prices from their fans? Surely if they reduced their tickets to a more moderate $40 sum they would sell out the rest of these dates easily, and be congratulated by their fanbase for their public spiritness - it would be a win win scenario. Was GN'R formed to fleece fans like this? Was this all it was ever about for this group of people? Lapsed fan now (I'm afraid to say).

GnR was formed to conquer the world.

They did it once, shit happened, all was lost. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Many feel that the prices are ridiculous, It doesn't change the fact that the majority of us are hardcore fans. Ticket prices will not change that fact. I can certainly see where you are coming from though.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

GNR did not reunite in their 50's to play stadiums at insane prices because they want to make great new art or rekindle old friendships. 

In other breaking news, there is no Santa Claus and Bruce Willis is a ghost in "The Sixth Sense" 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

So is Ticketmaster the safest way to get tickets? I just got my time off approved at work but if I can get the plane tickets, hotel and tickets to the show.....it looks I will be going to my 1st GNFNR concert EVER!!!!! In San Francisco! :)

Yeahhhh!! Awesome news. I'm high-fiving you all the way from London :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

Yeahhhh!! Awesome news. I'm high-fiving you all the way from London :thumbsup:

Thank you! It won't seem real till I'm there...I'm so excited! I just did not want to regret never being able to see them live. :)

4 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Thank you! It won't seem real till I'm there...I'm so excited! I just did not want to regret never being able to see them live. :)

Exactly - sometimes you just have to not worry about money and go for it. Be warned though - once you've seen them it won't stop there... next thing you know you'll be booking tickets to South America at the end of the year :lol:

Edited by Gilla999
  • Like 3

On 7/1/2016 at 6:41 PM, Original said:

The TM game is bullshit.  The "convenience fees" etc....but guess what- we all keep using them.  It sucks.  I'm shocked they don't give us Vaseline with each purchase....since they are gonna bend us over and fuck us!  

Yeah, one of the reasons I've stopped seeing a lot of shows is because I'm not prepared to pay their ridiculous fees anymore. I have to wonder what that recent lawsuit even accomplished because the fees are as bad as ever.

26 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

Exactly - sometimes you just have to not worry about money and go for it. Be warned though - once you've seen them it won't stop there... next thing you know you'll be booking tickets to South America at the end of the year :lol:

No doubt about that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stella said:

Yeah, one of the reasons I've stopped seeing a lot of shows is because I'm not prepared to pay their ridiculous fees anymore. I have to wonder what that recent lawsuit even accomplished because the fees are as bad as ever.

I'm not gonna not go to shows as I love live music and I love seeing the best band in the world!   Guns is back!   But the $$ sucks so I just bend over and go.   The TM lawsuit- accomplished jack shit.  

Edited by Original

42 minutes ago, Original said:

I'm not gonna not go to shows as I love live music and I love seeing the best band in the world!   Guns is back!   But the $$ sucks so I just bend over and go.   The TM lawsuit- accomplished jack shit.  

I love live music too, but I disagree with the fees and will not pay them. I either stick to smaller venues that use other ticketing services, or I wait for the shows I want to come up on Groupon/etc. so I don't have to pay TicketBastard. Whenever I can find a way not to do business with them, I take it.

This tour has been completely out of reach for me, financially, and I've had to skip it altogether. That's totally gutted me, but there's absolutely no way to make it happen unless the prices for my city get knocked way down, the way they were for Chicago.

Edited by stella

8 hours ago, Gilla999 said:

Don't encourage me Gilla......lol :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stella said:

This tour has been completely out of reach for me, financially, and I've had to skip it altogether. That's totally gutted me, but there's absolutely no way to make it happen unless the prices for my city get knocked way down, the way they were for Chicago.

That is awful :/ 

• Like 2