***MYGNRFORUM 'Not In This Lifetime' GNR TICKET CONTEST***

alfierose

The trilogy and in order.  *I know it's not 1 song, but you get the drift as they go together.

Those songs/those videos bring back so many great thoughts.  For the contest purposes (pick 1 song) I'll pick November Rain.  We get Axl on piano, Slash and his beautiful solo (on top of the piano)....and the video I still have all the scenes memorized, Duff...Rikki Rachtman etc...epic song, epic video, epic band....

Chicago- July 1, Soldier Field please!  Hotel already booked.

Edited by Original

I can't wait to hear Slash's take on Street of Dreams. It's by far my favorite song on CD and I feel like it's a song that could easily be in the Illusions record. Hearing Duff take on that awesome bass line and slash take on that solo would give me goosebumps. And if also can bring back his 2010 self that song would surely be one of the highlights of the night.

I'd like to get tickets to the Dallas concert.

Paradise City.  I feel like this song embodies everything that made Guns N' Roses special, in an era that was jam-packed with commercial rock.  Each individual band member shines doing their respective thing both on the studio track, and live. I was 13 the first time I heard this song in full, and I still get the chills whenever Slash strums the opening chord.  Hearing it live would be really incredible and surreal.

Edit: Chicago, 7/1.

Edited by sofine11

Locomotive. This song really showcases everything great about GNR. The great riffs, awesome rhythm section, and some of Axl's best lyrical and vocal content on any album by GNR to date. Plus, this song perfectly captures the attitude of the band.

Cincinnati, OH on July 6 is the show.

Edited by Ak1nney

I would LOVE to see Live and Let Die live in DETROIT ROCK CITY!  That mother ROCKS.

I was lucky enough to see GnFnR in 1989 twice and really can't wait to see them play EVERYTHING off of Appetite too!

THANKS!

I'm looking forward to hearing Rocket Queen because it's always been one of my favorites, it's among the earliest songs they ever wrote, and it's a very likely candidate for Steven Adler to guest on if he is involved.

Show of preference: AT&T Park, San Francisco

Edited by thunderram

I am most excited to hear them play Estranged!!  I think that Estranged has the ultimate combination of Axl's "epic" songwriting and Slash's soulful guitar that meets and forms one of the best GNR songs ever made.  Also, what better way to have Axl and Slash solidify their reignited friendship than Slash playing guitar on a song that means so much to Axl?

San Diego :)

For me, it's got to be Better. Better is my favorite CD song, and I love the different guitar styles that come up throughout. I'm particularly excited to hear Slash's take on it after the Troubadour reviews I've seen. I really want to hear this new, heavy, building riff that's been added - the description that it "sounds like a new song" really caught my interest. I'm glad that CD is being considered a legit piece of the GN'R legacy and, of all of its tracks, Better is the one I most want to hear from Slash.

Throw my name in for MetLife Stadium, please :)

• Like 1

Nightrain - this was the first song I ever heard GnR perform live back in 1991 in Saratoga Springs, NY. It brings back a lot of great memories from that night and my life in general around that time.

My preferred show would be 7/14 in Philadelphia.

Breakdown.  It would be incredible to see and hear Axl sing this while standing next to Slash:

"But now the damage's done
And we're back out on the run.
Funny how ev'rything was Roses
When we held on to the Guns...
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky ones"

Metlife Stadium, NJ 7/23

Did you hear that?

• Like 1

I'd LOVE to hear Garden Of Eden Live AGAIN! I was at the Austin, TX February 23, 1993 GNR gig (opening night of the Skin N' Bones tour) and was expecting Mr. Brownstone after the iconic show opener, Welcome To The Jungle. My mind was completely blown when Garden Of Eden came out of nowhere! To hear this song again would *INSTANTLY* take me back to the glory days of the the 1993 Skin N' Bones tour!!

If I am selected as the winner, I would like to receive tickets to the Houston, TX show on August 5th.

Thank You!!

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 3

Would love to hear Axl do "Fall to Pieces" as he claims he  heard something of this song before his falling out with Slash

From a RS article:

Backstory: Velvet Revolver had a hit single in 2004 with "Fall To Pieces."

Axl's take: He claims the song originated during the band's ill-fated final sessions in the mid 1990s. "Which led to the trial period where Slash played the key bits of 'Fall to Pieces' but once I showed some interest that was over."

Plausibility: Hearing it again today, it's easy to imagine Axl singing the song — which could have been a classic Gn'R hit if done right. Did Slash play it for Axl, only to pull it when interest was showed? Probably.

Second choice would be "Beggars and Hangers On" as it may most probably was another song Slash showed Axl before he released the Snakepit album. On a good night if he has his rasp I think he could kill on this song.

Tickets for Boston would be awesome...........