***MYGNRFORUM 'Not In This Lifetime' GNR TICKET CONTEST***

alfierose

Don't Cry has played a huge factor in my life.  Upon hearing it, I fell in love with that bluesy tone Slash has on the solo and ended up falling in love with rock and heavy metal.  The song has sentimental value with a dying family member of mine back in 1996.  I remember playing it at a show and tell in the 8th grade and the whole class (mostly Eminem and 50 cent fans at a the time) bawling like babies when they heard a song with real touching lyrics and emotion.

NYC, MetLife stadium.

I'd be happy to hear Axl mumble over Slash's guitar feedback...if I had to name a song I'd probably say Nightrain. Not my favorite song but the perfect song to show off Axl, Slash and Duff haven't lost a thing!

Hopefully I'll be hearing that in Chicago ;)

I actually am really excited to hear slash and Duff play Chinese songs.  It will be really cool to see what they bring to those songs.  It kind of makes it feel like everyone is all in for the greater good of the band.  Playing Chinese songs makes this less about nostalgia and more about what the future holds for Guns as a whole.  Out of all the Chinese songs I would love to hear them play Street of Dreams.

july 16th Toronto, Rogers Centre

Edited by Guigsdaddy1976

I said for better than a decade how much I would love to hear the original band play "Sweet Child O Mine" one more time, so I gotta go with that.

Pittsburgh show and I'll be there either way.  If I win I'll pay it forward to another GNR fan in the area.

Good luck all.

Even tho its been mentioned numerous times already the song to hear live for me would be Estranged. I like many others feel a personal connection to that song and it has helped me through some really bad times. I saw Nugnr do it in 2011 and thought I was gonna faint. That was my first gnr show and just hearing axl do that song live was amazing. To hear axl do it again WITH slash? Yea that's a lifelong dream.   My show is cincy July 6th

Several that would be beyond awesome, but that I give little chance (Coma, Locomotive, Breakdown, Don't Damn Me) to ever see the light of day. 

The most realistic one I'm hoping for is My Michelle. It's not played that often, especially in recent years and I think it's dark n sleazy nature are what old school GnR was all about. I just think it'd be a cool one with this lineup.

Very cool contest! But please don't enter me. I already have RR, and I already have tickets to the shows I can go to this summer. Hopefully a deserving fan who has never seen them wins the tix!!! Way cool of you guys!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Several that would be beyond awesome, but that I give little chance (Coma, Locomotive, Breakdown, Don't Damn Me) to ever see the light of day. 

The most realistic one I'm hoping for is My Michelle. It's not played that often, especially in recent years and I think it's dark n sleazy nature are what old school GnR was all about. I just think it'd be a cool one with this lineup.

Very cool contest! But please don't enter me. I already have RR, and I already have tickets to the shows I can go to this summer. Hopefully a deserving fan who has never seen them wins the tix!!! Way cool of you guys!

I hear that.. I was sorta wondering if Michelle Young would happen to be in vegas.