***MYGNRFORUM 'Not In This Lifetime' GNR TICKET CONTEST***

alfierose

Welcome To The Jungle. I have wanted to hear them play this live since I was 16 (1987). This has always been my favorite song and I i never had a chance to see them live back then. I am hoping that I will get that chance in Nashville .

"Estranged."  I loved seeing it live in 2011, but in truth I was standing there 4 rows from the front in LA with my eyes closed pretending it was Slash.  Seeing it the way it was written would bring me right back to when I first got into the band, seventeen years ago.

Qualcomm in San Diego.  Last show of the tour, and for some reason the closest they're coming to Los Angeles.

Thanks for doing this, guys.

My MICHELLE!!!
It was the 1st GnR song I learned to play on bass  rock4
Heinz Stadium in Pittsburgh, PA (my current tickets are SO far away---they'll look like tiny rock n roll ants!!) :(

:dance:

Edited by GNRchickCLE
addition

Wow! This is a tough one. I have to go with Paradise City. The intro to the song is awesome. The lyrics really hit home for me. "I'm a hard case to tough to beat." "Rags to riches so they say; you have to keep pushing for your fortune and fame." The hard case to tough to beat" describes my determination to overcome the challenge of having a disability and facing misperceptions along with stereotypes of having a disability.  "The keeping pushing" part to me means keep moving forward. Besides this, the drum at the end are fantastic!

I would say MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford NJ.  

Dust N' Bones. Always been one of my favorite GNR songs, and it would be amazing to hear it live. With or without a guest appearance from Izzy. Duff+Axl can definitely do the vocals justice (Duff has covered it with Loaded), and it would be an added bonus to get Izzy+Slash+Fortus all jamming on it. That'd be nuts. Plus the "and then you're.. JUST FUCKIN' GONE!" part with Slash is sick. 

Rogers Centre - Toronto, July 16th

• Like 1

Would love to hear slashs solo on Don't Cry with Axls vocals.  I already bought tickets for MetLife. I'm visiting my buddy in  DC at the end of June so I think that would be what I'd ask for if I'm lucky enough to win it. 

Thanks for the contest and chance at winning tickets ! 

Fed Ex Field, Washington DC

I will be happy to hear everything they play, but Locomotive would be unreal. I'm also very interested in what they could do to the Chinese material, especially pieces like Shackler's and Prostitute.

SATURDAY,
JULY 23

METLIFE STADIUM

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ

Edited by IkaruFunk

Estranged. I was 13 and in 7th grade and begged my folks to let me see them in San Diego, January 1992. They weren't too keen, especially since it was a school night. Long story short, big sister was away at college but had a long distance boyfriend in San Diego and he offered to take me which my folks happily approved. It was my first concert. Soundgarden opened at 9pm, played 45 minutes, we sat and waited  while cameras went around the crowd trying to get hot chicks to flash their knockers. A few did. I was beyond stoked. Guns took the stage at midnight and played 3 hours. Still to this day the best concert I've ever seen. I was a super shy kid but had instant street cred when I rolled into school with my smoke stenched concert shirt the next morning. 

The reason I picked Estranged is because my "chaperone" opted to leave before the second encore since he had to work in a few hours. He was not into GNR and did me a massive favor so I'll always be grateful.  As we were walking to the car, the band kicked into Estranged and I always wished I talked him into staying a little longer as it was my favorite UYI tune. 

San Diego - Qualcomm 

Edited by BobGuccioneJr
updated city