*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

3 hours ago, Stryker said:

Crazy how different of opinions everyone is. IMO, KC is kickass. At the very least, you gotta appreciate the diversity in designs. Really excited to see what the other cities have in store! 

Yeah, it's great. I think the KC artwork kind of sucks but love the diversity with the different designs. It's cool how we all like different designs. I also love the Detroit litho and know others dislike it. 

55 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, it's great. I think the KC artwork kind of sucks but love the diversity with the different designs. It's cool how we all like different designs. I also love the Detroit litho and know others dislike it. 

I was wondering what they would do for KC. The only things I could come up with that  KC is known for was BBQ, the Chiefs, BBQ, the Royals, and BBQ. When I saw it my reaction was a sort of disbelieving "oh my god" laugh. I wasn't sure if I disliked it or loved it. I've settled on it being hilariously awesome.

(I think Detroit one is pure awesome)

Edited by sanity_lost
  • Like 1

are the date specific shirts selling out very soon at these shows? for the Vegas shows I am pretty sure you were able to get them up until the end of the show, but I am hearing the stadiums are different

54 minutes ago, k12 said:

are the date specific shirts selling out very soon at these shows? for the Vegas shows I am pretty sure you were able to get them up until the end of the show, but I am hearing the stadiums are different

They were still available at a few stands in Detroit after the show. I'm not sure about sizes, but they still had shirts. If I remember correctly, the Vegas 1 shirt was gone before the band got on, but the Vegas 2 shirt was still available after the show. 

• Like 1

The KC tee/litho design might very well go down as the most unique design we see this whole US stadium tour!

It's not formulaic or by the numbers at all and that's what I love about it. 

With regards to the designs themselves I wish there was more info on which artists are behind each one. 

Black Sabbath had been doing something similar on their recent The End US tour. Different litho for each gig each by a different artist. Even they were guilty of not releasing any info on the artists behind them, but just like here it was thanks to fan forums where they were catalogued and further info posted after it was dug up.

Let's hope GN'R throw those of us that are interested a bone sooner or later on artist info. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

No that's not really me, I'm all the way over here in London, but that's definitely how my thought process works at the merch booth!

That was what confused me at first. I remember from the Axl/DC board that you're from the UK, but the guy in the vid was clearly not but I was like...whatever LOL.

• Like 1

For those who have been to shows already, do they have those merch trailers outside the stadiums?  I just upgraded to pit and wanna run stuff back to my car before heading in if I can. Not really interested in holding a poster/shirt/etc in GA. 

1 minute ago, mrw80 said:

For those who have been to shows already, do they have those merch trailers outside the stadiums?  I just upgraded to pit and wanna run stuff back to my car before heading in if I can. Not really interested in holding a poster/shirt/etc in GA. 

Yeah you can do that. Get there early if you want a litho. Those sold out at the detroit truck quick

wow this was a shirt? I got there around 8PM and I didn't see this and the Chicago shirts weren't that impressive, though I did get one

I know this was the lithograph but I did not see it as a shirt

13597741_1551551001819719_1902481911_n.jpg

Edited by k12

19 hours ago, blugel said:

I found the following link concerning the artist of these lithographs in the "Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork" thread (all due props to the original poster):

https://www.instagram.com/arianbuhler/

Seriously, everyone needs to hop on IG and follow this guy.

Here I was thinking each city had a different artist/designer and lo and behold it turns out this Arian Buhler is responsible for ALL of them so far!

Not to mention in the insanely excellent work he has done for the Rolling Stones.

Absolutely amazing talent!

Will be interesting to see what other sort of styles we get on these city themed designs as the tour progresses as Arian has said himself on his IG posts that he doesn't have the commission for the entire tour, there will be other artists.

I believe we'll be seeing the first "new" artist design as soon as this second date in Chicago if his comments are anything to go by.

• Like 1