*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

40 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Wow..

Thank you kindly for your insight into all this!

From reading your comment it actually (somewhat) seems (a little bit) justified, especially when you see the Woman's Appetite Cross sleeveless tops with the croquet style, tie up thingy on the chest...

Or maybe not! ;-D

I totally understand where you are coming from, on the surface of it smaller garment and less material should = cheaper but it really doesn't all of the time. A lot of factories work in a way that one machinist will just sew sleeves, another the body of the garment etc...the more pieces or embellishments a garment has the more people will have worked on it. We did also sometimes use a small British factory where one person would create a whole garment but that doesn't tend to be how it works in the Far East or wherever GNR are likely to have outsourced to.

It's quite fascinating stuff, I was pretty ignorant about the rag trade prior to working there but I generally have a better understanding now of what exactly I'm paying for when I buy clothing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I totally understand where you are coming from, on the surface of it smaller garment and less material should = cheaper but it really doesn't all of the time. A lot of factories work in a way that one machinist will just sew sleeves, another the body of the garment etc...the more pieces or embellishments a garment has the more people will have worked on it. We did also sometimes use a small British factory where one person would create a whole garment but that doesn't tend to be how it works in the Far East or wherever GNR are likely to have outsourced to.

It's quite fascinating stuff, I was pretty ignorant about the rag trade prior to working there but I generally have a better understanding now of what exactly I'm paying for when I buy clothing.

Wow again..

You're a gem with your knowledge on all this, so thanks!

For the record, the Men's tees I've picked from the London gigs are made in Haiti, which is a far bloody cry from any Asian nations!

I've gotta few Aussie leg tees, but I honestly don't recall where they're made/printed and I don't have them handy to check at this point! ;-D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Wow again..

You're a gem with your knowledge on all this, so thanks!

For the record, the Men's tees I've picked from the London gigs are made in Haiti, which is a far bloody cry from any Asian nations!

I've gotta few Aussie leg tees, but I honestly don't recall where they're made/printed and I don't have them handy to check at this point! ;-D

Yes mine says Haiti too, they likely operate on the same work principle I imagine.

18 hours ago, gnr estranged said:

Has anyone seen this jacket sold anywhere?

IMG_2474.PNG

It looks like fucking awesome and a must cop for the back print alone on it IMHO! I'm a big fan of Kostabi's work and the UYI album covers combined are some of my most facourite album artwork of all time, just so iconic!

Here's another view from the merch catalog for the Paris pop-up that was shared within the Paris gig thread:

FF7n04ph.jpg

Would like to get a closer look at the Swear Word tee and the camo cap...

Also, awesome merch haul for you @frankmiller

• Like 1

On 09/07/2017 at 7:51 PM, EvH said:

350 euros for a probably low qual bomber jacket? No way.

Denim AFD Cross jacket?

I saw this item in person at Varvatos London and the embroidery on the back is excellent.

Is the whole setup worth 350 Euros? No, probbaly not quite that much!

I believe it was 250 quid in London...

On 7/9/2017 at 10:20 AM, Blake Sabbath said:

It looks like fucking awesome and a must cop for the back print alone on it IMHO! I'm a big fan of Kostabi's work and the UYI album covers combined are some of my most facourite album artwork of all time, just so iconic!

Here's another view from the merch catalog for the Paris pop-up that was shared within the Paris gig thread:

FF7n04ph.jpg

Would like to get a closer look at the Swear Word tee and the camo cap...

Also, awesome merch haul for you @frankmiller

How do I get that camo hat in the U.S.

11 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Denim AFD Cross jacket?

I saw this item in person at Varvatos London and the embroidery on the back is excellent.

Is the whole setup worth 350 Euros? No, probbaly not quite that much!

I believe it was 250 quid in London...

My mistake, I was talking about the bomber with the Illusions design on the back. But my point still stands, 250 euro for that kind of product is a joke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EvH said:

My mistake, I was talking about the bomber with the Illusions design on the back. But my point still stands, 250 euro for that kind of product is a joke.

Fair dues too, it's an expensive item for sure, buut...

I'd cop on site if I had such access to something exclusive like that here in London!

When you consider the rarity and the artwork I'd be willing to pay the ticket because I know from experience that once the pop-up or event is over you're gonna waste equally as much money, if not more, not to mention time, effort and unnecessary stress tryna grab these limited items after the fact! ;-D

• Like 2

I search for the white Werchter T-Shirt!!!

If someone want to trade it with the London T-Shirt (1st night/Jack the Ripper) or Skull/Flag T-Shirt from Nijmegen please let me know!!! It's also possible for me only to buy it from someone and not to trade. Condition is mint!

Edited by Duff80

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

Interesting discovery. You can see that the tags on the nijmegen shirts have been cut (that job hasnt been very well done). I dont know if it was a gildan tag before

https://picload.org/view/rpidgagl/img_20170713_175729604.jpg.html

Yep, it's pretty standard practice I've found 

On 12.7.2017 at 6:03 PM, Blake Sabbath said:

Another ganked from this evening's show thread, I always like to give photo credit, holla if you took this:

tr25yPN.jpg

Hello. Very interesting thread about the current tour merch!

Does anybody know where i could get a shirt with the bomber front print like on the pic above? I was searching everywhere. Unfortunately i just bought the munich shirt with the reaper at the concert. Would be glad if anybody could help me. Thank you very much!

Edited by Terrorsaathan

13 minutes ago, Terrorsaathan said:

Does anybody know where i could get a shirt with the bomber front print like on the pic above? I was searching everywhere. Unfortunately i just bought the munich shirt with the reaper at the concert. 

That's a Euro tour tee so I'm afraid to say it, but I don't think you'll see it for sale again unless it pops up elsewhere as apart of some sort of left over tour inventory sale. That's pure speculation of course that that might even happen. 

You didn't see it for sale at the merch stands in Munich? 

11 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

That's a Euro tour tee so I'm afraid to say it, but I don't think you'll see it for sale again unless it pops up elsewhere as apart of some sort of left over tour inventory sale. That's pure speculation of course that that might even happen. 

You didn't see it for sale at the merch stands in Munich? 

I saw it in munich but i took another one, now i totally regret it. I even haven't seen one on ebay or stuff like that, nothing. In this thread people have quite an extensive knowledge about the tour merch, so i thought i try my best and maybe someone can tell me any source to get one shirt or where they normally sell the left over inventory of a tour.