New songs to be perfomed?

Susan Holmes-McKagan, the wife of GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan, has told Las Vegas Weekly that seeing her husband reunited with singer Axl Rose and guitarist Slash last week at the surprise GN'R gig at the Troubadour in West Hollywood, California, the first show for the classic trio since 1993, "was a pretty magical night. I've just witnessed Duff and the other guys rehearse a tremendous amount, and I just know everyone in the world is so excited to see this band together on one stage and perform live," she said.

Susan, who married Duff in August 1999, after his initial days in GN'R were over, will also be in attendance this weekend in Las Vegas to see the band perform at the T-Mobile Arena. "It's fun for me to see the crowd's reactions on which songs they freak out on," she told Las Vegas Weekly. "They're playing a lot of the old stuff, which is killer, and then they're playing a bit of the new stuff, too, which sounds incredibly kick-ass, too. When you’re there live in the room and feeling the energy of the room, it's just an amazing feeling."

Susan Holmes-McKagan is a model, swimwear designer and a one-time cast member on the E! network's reality show "Married To Rock". She has appeared on the covers of Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire and Playboy magazines.

The former GUNS N' ROSES bassist and Susan have two children together.

Duff and Susan met in 1996 he saw photographs of Holmes in Allure magazine. "A mutual friend called me up and said, 'Meet your new boyfriend,' and handed over the phone," she told Los Angeles Magazine in 2010. We went to a sushi place in Bel-Air for dinner and have been together ever since."

Susan also responded to people who branded her a "gold digger" for marrying a rock star. She said: "I made millions of my own dollars before I met my husband."

GUNS N' ROSES will play the first of two shows in Vegas Friday night (April 8). The band will also play two gigs in Mexico City in addition to two Coachella festival dates, before launching a stadium trek this summer.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagans-wife-says-guns-n-roses-troubadour-concert-was-pretty-magical/#i7Zjg0ops3OQqlI5.99

5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Better and Chi Dem are considered new stuff until they become classics. People will finally dissociate CDI and CDII.

I CD and Better where performed live more times that many classics. It's Duff wife. Duff played those songs a lot in the last tours.

If she is talking about CD songs well.. i think we are far from a new record/music.

I love CD, but that era is over.

16 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Explain please.

Somebody on there (not sure if posting the facebook user's name is allowed but initials are MDG) claims to have inside info about Steven's absence:

" ...Duff is the responsable guy for not letting Steven Adler play again in the band"

"they didnt want him to play in the band the back was a cheap lie the truth will come out soon"

3 minutes ago, Nick Cobraetti said:

Somebody on there (not sure if posting the facebook user's name is allowed but initials are MDG) claims to have inside info about Steven's absence:

" ...Duff is the responsable guy for not letting Steven Adler play again in the band"

"they didnt want him to play in the band the back was a cheap lie the truth will come out soon"

That's sad if true. Wouldn't expect it from him if true but none of us know these guys in real life so who knows.

Edited by Subtle Signs

8 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

That's sad if true. Wouldn't expect it from him if true but none of us know these guys in real life so who knows.

In one of his last interviews Adler said Slash and Duff hated him and didn't believe he was clean. Actually didn't Alder show up to something high with Duff, or something like that?

Duff's a guy who's gotten sober and turned into a pretty responsible adult - Alder's done neither. If Duff didn't want Adler involved I expect there to be some legitimately good reasons for it.

Edited by Modano09

2 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

I really really hate how Chinese Democracy songs are considered "new" songs. They're 8 years old!

8 years? Axl's been performing Better for ten years now and the title track for a whopping fifteen years.

54 minutes ago, Nick Cobraetti said:

Didn't Adler say something about Duff thinking he wasn't cool or something like that in a radio interview semi-recently?

It'd be a bummer, though.  I wonder why Adler hasn't talked, though.

6 minutes ago, davhern said:

Didn't Adler say something about Duff thinking he wasn't cool or something like that in a radio interview semi-recently?

It'd be a bummer, though.  I wonder why Adler hasn't talked, though.

Adler said that alright. In was mainly because Duff brought him on tour and Steven went off the deep end drinking, and doing whatever else. Don't think I've heard Duff say anything negative about Steven (at least not in the last 10? years) I'm sure Steven has people around him who tell him stuff, hangers on as well as people who may actually know some inside info...regardless Steven should have probably kept that to himself or asked Duff himself instead of blabbing it on the radio.

1 hour ago, Nick Cobraetti said:

Exactly who is the person before we give their words any weight. This is how bullshit rumours get picked up by Alt nation.