Slash's NITLT Tour Tone

TeeJay410

Much prefer the jubilees, however, he's doing something with his setup versus the UYI days when he was running the 2555 rig. It's pretty thin sounding, much more emphasis on the treble than the mids he use to go for. Compare Godfather from LV last night to Tokyo 92 for a good comparison. It hurt the Estranged performance for me, I always loved that rolled back tone he got in the 90s on that song. Hope he goes back sometime during the tour.

Edited by pugachev
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Gorthar said:

Yes, I saw that he went back to the Jubilees...also read on twitter last night that he went back to his old guitar tech Adam Day for this tour.

Adam was doin the tech duties for the two shows. Or at least someone who looks like him

I thought he nailed his tone with Myles. I was slightly disappointed it wasn't the same. I had been imagining the reunion with the practically perfected AFD tone plus Axl. He still sounds great but if they were going the jubilee route I was hoping it would go more UYI era, a little fatter tone. 

But hey, at least you can hear the rhythm guitarist now.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2016 at 3:46 PM, TeeJay410 said:

His tone sounds a little different than with Myles. Seems to have upped the gain a ton. I think someone else noted he went back to the jubilee marshals. Anyone else notice?

Fortus seems to have a ton of gain in his tone.. It doesn't seem to fit with Slash's tone at all.. Or on Guns songs at all for that matter.. As cool as the reunion is, VR and The Conspirators are closer to the classic Guns sound than GnR2016...

On 4/10/2016 at 1:55 PM, TeeJay410 said:

I thought he nailed his tone with Myles. I was slightly disappointed it wasn't the same. I had been imagining the reunion with the practically perfected AFD tone plus Axl. He still sounds great but if they were going the jubilee route I was hoping it would go more UYI era, a little fatter tone. 

But hey, at least you can hear the rhythm guitarist now.

I agree.  His tone has improved a lot, with Myles it was too flat but it's still thinner than his UYI tone.  That one was marvelous.

• Like 1

From what I've seen he's using the old Jubilee's again and a JCM 800.

The main difference for the thiner and more trebly tone he has now compared to the UIY / Snakepit I / Blues Ball tours is that now he's using to much of the Shure SM57 - that's where all that treble comes from. He needs to blend it with something fatter or more low mids foccoused.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I seen the boys in Nashville-The tone is aggressive, mean , and fucking very clear as well - best tone there is in the biz- Slash once gain is the best player in the world again and he is showing it every night