04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I gotta tell you this brother and I mean it; 

Last night shit ALL over Detroit 2012. Like....for reals. 

Yeah, I can't wait to watch and hear last night's show. Night 1 is the best show I've ever been to, so so happy night 2 was even better for everyone!! Wish I could have gone, but defined up for Ford Field

I meant fired up* 

Lol not letting me edit my post

The first show was great, but the second was better!

The band was more energetic and moving around a lot more

light show was better

The use of the big screen was much better, with more band shown and a little less digital stuff used

Sebastian Bach sang on My Michele

Don't Cry was played

Axl sounds great and seemed in a good mood

Tonight really felt like a GnR show. Amazing stuff!

27 minutes ago, 3rd Wheel said:

God damnit, Richard is awesome. So happy he's part of this.

I'm a big Izzy fan and always will be, but I fully accept Richard now. He's an amazing guitarist and he seems like a great guy. Good fit for the band and helps bring the classic rock sound back

I hate to be negative about Frank but I find his style and the tuning of his drums difficult to get used to

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

I seriously cannot believe how good they were last night. Fucking EPIC and easily one of the BEST shows I've EVER seen. Holy Shit, am I glad I came to Vegas!!!

We are sooooo damn lucky.

I saw both shows and there was just something perfect about last night's. Just seemed so much more GnR than the first night. Both were amazing though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GibsonLP said:

I saw both shows and there was just something perfect about last night's. Just seemed so much more GnR than the first night. Both were amazing though

I have an impression that they losened up finally and started to enjoy it and sink in the atmosphere and all that happened more instead of just being stiff with fear that they might fuck something up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I know it sucks Axl broke his foot but the whole throne thing is so cool and eccentric I think he should keep it even when it's mended. In someways it really puts Slash and Duff in the spotlight. Coma was so memorable. Frank seems to have cut loose and the band is very wild. Even something like Chi dem ebbs and flows. Everything is so off kilter and crazy they could make a great record if they can harness the energy and vibe. 

tes, it's memorable, cool and eccetric, but I can only imagine how much axl wants to run, jump and walk along the stage with the others..... :)

This Hybrid version of KOHD is kinda weird, I prefer the UYI version. Fortus is good, but its too much improvisation. 

I hope Slash works more on the TIL solo

Seriously man, now my main aim is to save money for a GNR show. If I knew it from before, I would have saved for Vegas too, but I had already planned a family holiday. So well now its all for GNR! Hope Steven gets better and would love to see him at the shows too. 

What a concert! Axl was on time last night for starters and tore that mother down with his comrades by his side. I was just in awe. I waited so long for this moment, and I have to say the chair didn't bother me like I thought it would. Definitely the best concert I have ever been to. My hubby has never been much of a GnR fan, but as a new found love for this band. 

15 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Still waiting for DtJ and TIL from last night

I have TIL on my Periscope somewhere. Jbat81. Couldn't get DTJ... iPhone froze after like 1000 live viewers. It was very hard not to sing along. Did best I could considering they played Coma again... DTJ sounds great btw. I like that Frank plays faster...

3 hours ago, DIST said:

Another epic performance by SLASH...

The only thing I miss is the McBob intro..." GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The McBob intro and opening with Jungle would be so amazing. The way they've started the Vegas shows is fairly anti-climatic. I hope they will change it for the summer tour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yep, recorded the whole thing. 

Sounds decent to good to me through my laptop speakers. I'm sure TOS will be able to help it out too. There's issues with the recorder like how it "auto-levels" the sound. So when fireworks go off in a song, the music that follows it gets really low for a bit. I think he can fix that type of stuff though, so we'll see how it ends up. He should be able to get it up for everyone at some point today and hopefully he's able to fix it up!

Great! Thanks for recording it man :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, koldweather said:

The biggest difference Ive noticed is the show feels so fluid. It always felt so stop-start during nu guns so shows never built up a head of steam, but the last few shows have felt almost non stop.

I noticed this too. I saw nuguns at the Roskilde Festival in 2006, and I remember there were sooo many breaks, guitar solos, piano solos and whatnot where Axl wasn't around. It ruined momemtum and just dragged down the whole affair. I think at least 30 mins was spent this way. Thankfully this is gone now, judging by the superb Vegas shows.

I can't wrap my head around Axls vocal performance.

Was this in him all the time?! And if so - did he know, or was he honestly believing he was giving the best he could?

For fucks sake, it's as if they replaced him by an android built out of our tears and programmed according to our wildest dreams. WTTJ tonight was easily one of the best, if not THE best performance ever. 

• Like 1