04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Just got to listen a tiny bit of my audio last night that @TOS--LOAcleaned up. I could only listen through my phone, but it sounded great to me. 

Can't wait to relive this show over and over and over. I xannot thank TOS enough for jumping right up to help out with fixing the audio up. Thank you so much! 

thanks for that dude - sounds great!

band was good also :D

• Like 1

Axl hadn't seen Bach in a while, so it really didn't matter what Bach said. He had been out of the GNR camp a while and was playing with Slash and Duff in the last few years. Axl was just laughing at all the energy Bach brings, he seems like a contagious personality to be around so everyone was all smiles, I don't think it's weird for them. 

I still think Axl was a bit frustrated by the "where's Izzy" poster, when he introduced Fortus he said "he's been in Guns N Roses for 15 years!" I thought that moment was kinda awkward for everyone. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

- The intro to Better is so fucking great! I HOPE that this is new material, but I've been thinking: Isn't there a possibility that the intro is from one of the "not heard" chinese songs (like "the general")?

The intro is not from some other new song, it's from Better. Slash (or fortus) just took a riff from Better and made an intro of it.

6 hours ago, fumardude said:

What Izzy songs would you recommend, haven't listened to his stuff in years.

Ju ju hounds, 117 degrees, On Down the Road, Like a Dog album wise. 

Jump In Now, Parasite, Ain't that a Bitch, Just Don't Know, Box, Partly Cloudy, Time Gone By, Shuffle It All, California, Bomb ...list is almost endless. 

All his albums display an easy songwriting talent. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tajandreas said:

"....since Izzy departed I haven't heard anything THAT good from Slash."

You act like Izzy wrote Slash's guitar parts lol. 

So all the stuff Slash has done with Michael Jackson, Lenny Kravitz, Snakepit & VR, hell, even his own solo projects, nothing has compared to when Izzy was around?

"All the stuff Slash has done with Michael Jackson, Lenny Kravitz, Snakepit & VR, hell, even his own solo projects"
VS
AFD & UYI stuff

Really?

• Like 1

Everything said and done the highlights for me have been the killer intro to better and the restructuring of the melody in general. The wicked solo on TIL and coma. Axl really nailed it with wttj and ISE has always been great. 

Great times definitely on being a Guns fan as I had never thought I'd see slash and axl back (spare YouTube)

Onwards to coachella (and I hope they add don't damn me to the setlist :D)

Everything said and done the highlights for me have been the killer intro to better and the restructuring of the melody in general. The wicked solo on TIL and coma. Axl really nailed it with wttj and ISE has always been great. 

Great times definitely on being a Guns fan as I had never thought I'd see slash and axl back (spare YouTube)

Onwards to coachella (and I hope they add don't damn me to the setlist :D)

23 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

A couple of thoughts after listening to @RussTCBs recording...

1. Axl is fucking back!

2. Slash I love you wholeheartedly!

3. Coma put me in a fantastic coma two days in a row

4. The Live N' Let Die screams are amazing

5. I don't mind Frank, at all... He's not amazing but not horrible either

6. Mellisas backing vocals are imo a great fit for the song (especially in LALD)

7. Do Slash tease Rocket Queen with the Riad N' Bedouins intro?

8. I LOVE GUNS N' ROSES!!

I noticed that about Riad too!!! 

28 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The intro is not from some other new song, it's from Better. Slash (or fortus) just took a riff from Better and made an intro of it.

Is it? I haven't noticed this riff in the song. Could you please pinpoint where the riff is in the song (at what time)? Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Torb said:

"All the stuff Slash has done with Michael Jackson, Lenny Kravitz, Snakepit & VR, hell, even his own solo projects"
VS
AFD & UYI stuff

Really?

I've got the impression that a lot of songs on UYI (especially the ones that Izzy didn't write) were slim-to none of Izzy-input (he didn't play on locomotive or civil war for example) so those records were mainly Slash's, guitar-wise. 

9 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Thanks for recording the show btw! You saved my Monday! ;)

You're more than welcome. I'm always nervous when I use that recorder and the show I go to is awesome. I'm almost worry myself sick that I'm gonna check the sound and it'll be garbage. The original didn't sound too awful but I'm still extremely grateful to @TOS--LOA for stepping up to fix it up as much as he did!

I just got in the door after a looooooooooooooong but awesome weekend. Gonna have myself a nap, then probably listen to the show 10 - 15 times before the day is done haha.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Exactly, that intro is the rythm guitar for a guitar solo, you can hear it if you pay attention. It lasts a little but its there.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You're more than welcome. I'm always nervous when I use that recorder and the show I go to is awesome. I'm almost worry myself sick that I'm gonna check the sound and it'll be garbage. The original didn't sound too awful but I'm still extremely grateful to @TOS--LOA for stepping up to fix it up as much as he did!

I just got in the door after a looooooooooooooong but awesome weekend. Gonna have myself a nap, then probably listen to the show 10 - 15 times before the day is done haha.

This will be soundtrack for next few months in my car :D

Great job...

• Like 1