04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

On 10-4-2016 at 8:58 PM, KeyserSoze said:

it's pretty cool how Axl exactly sings the last verse like on the album with the last 2 lines putting an extra power and volume to it really exactly like the studio version, look for chinese democracy Acapella on youtube to compare!

• Like 1

It was magical, can't believe they were together on stage again after everything that happened. I went nuts on Coma, Estranged, Civil war and November Rain.

One thing that I dislike and it'll probably be a controversial statement. As someone from not the U.S, audiences now seem to be so cold unlike in Europe and South America where they go crazy and are jumping up and down the whole concert. It was like that before here but ever since cellphones became a thing this has happened. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ceaguila said:

It was magical, can't believe they were together on stage again after everything that happened. I went nuts on Coma, Estranged, Civil war and November Rain.

One thing that I dislike and it'll probably be a controversial statement. As someone from not the U.S, audiences now seem to be so cold unlike in Europe and South America where they go crazy and are jumping up and down the whole concert. It was like that before here but ever since cellphones became a thing this has happened. 

No it's true. People do still go crazy at the shows, but the crowds in Europe and SA are insane. It makes me jealous, because I was going nuts in Vegas and most of the people around me were stationary haha. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

No it's true. People do still go crazy at the shows, but the crowds in Europe and SA are insane. It makes me jealous, because I was going nuts in Vegas and most of the people around me were stationary haha. 

Not even trash concerts. I went to see Metallica with Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer and I thought it be crazier. I remember watching videos in their old days and people went absolutely nuts.

Same with Foo Fighters recently. 

On 4/11/2016 at 4:06 AM, smoke said:

I pray it doesn't sound like Spaghetti - I still can't get into that album, and I've got (and listen to repeatedly) all the Chinese leaks, so it's not for lack of fanaticism.

All the leaks as in full songs? Or just the clips? If it's anything that is not already on Youtube please PM me!

58 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

it's pretty cool how Axl exactly sings the last verse like on the album with the last 2 lines putting an extra power and volume to it really exactly like the studio version, look for chinese democracy Acapella on youtube to compare!

I noticed this. Man even Chinese sounds better vocally. He's putting so much into it.

Anyone figure out what Duff's backing vocal lyrics are?

On 4/10/2016 at 4:29 PM, Caraibes said:

According to the rumours, Forus wrote TONS on material post chinese democracy for Guns N' Roses.

Everything between 2005 and 2014 has Fortus all over the place : Lead parts, solos, riffs, rythm parts, arrangements and even several songs.

Slash may work on Richard's stuff.

It's better for Guns N' Roses, for the BAND, to have 2 great players who can express equally each other : look at the "Wish you were here" jam, Slash and Fortus both share the Leads and the result is sensational.

Giving Fortus a bigger space, a bigger role will be better for the BAND.

That's what's all about : beeing a BAND, Slash isn't in his solo band anymore and Fortus is not Gilby, it's not like Slash is playing with a guy like Gilby who has no technical skills (I love Gilby but come on... Fortus destroys him all the way)

Richard is almost a guitar hero by himself. The guy is like Jeff Beck. Give him more space. He is too talented not to get a full spotlight.

YES. I think the way the solos are allocated for this tour makes sense in this lineup, I mean Slash is the iconic guitarist in GnR, BUT... I hope they do a new album where Richard can get some more solos in. Then if they toured on THAT, you could give Richard more space without stepping on the vibe of the classic GnR tunes. Slash's 1 octave lower intro to CD gave the tune more balls and a more sinister vibe. CD was fucking amazing, going from a ripping Slash solo to a ripping Fortus solo. I really think Slash enjoys Fortus being in this lineup.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2016 at 4:31 PM, star said:

Slash - 11/10 ;D

For a fucking dead crowd, I just love how pretty much everyone starts losing their shit when Slash is playing his Estranged solos.  Like they're amazed to see him play those legendary solos he wrote again.  It's just a magical moment.  I get goosebumps every time I see this clip, and the reason is Slash's beautiful guitar playing and crowd's reaction.

Can't wait for the South American tour to kick in.  Brazilians and Argentinians are going to burst into tears until they die -- literally.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Fortus is awesome but it's GNR, the more solos Slash has the better. Richards role in the live shows are fine as is. He gets solos in some ChiDem songs, Knocking, Nightrain, and jams. Keep it at that

This. Slash wrote them, Slash's playing them. They're doin' fine how they're doin' it. If there'll ever be new music (god, I hope so!) Fortus will be playing the parts he wrote. He's a very talented player and technically probably more skilled than Slash but let us see if he's capable of writing his own material, if he deserves it to get more space in a GNR show.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Because it doesn't really make much sense. Why can't we talk about the show??

It makes sense because I came here to watch videos. There are lots of threads for talking, this one was for video/audio. Go talking in the correct thread. 

4 hours ago, CheapJon said:

It makes sense because I came here to watch videos. There are lots of threads for talking, this one was for video/audio. Go talking in the correct thread. 

No one is stopping you from watching videos. And this is/was/is the correct thread for talking about the show.

Thanks, Russ.

13 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

For a fucking dead crowd, I just love how pretty much everyone starts losing their shit when Slash is playing his Estranged solos.  Like they're amazed to see him play those legendary solos he wrote again.  It's just a magical moment.  I get goosebumps every time I see this clip, and the reason is Slash's beautiful guitar playing and crowd's reaction.

Can't wait for the South American tour to kick in.  Brazilians and Argentinians are going to burst into tears until they die -- literally.

Jesus fuckin Christ that was awesome...

Hell, I'm a black hearted American and I shed a tear watching that final 1:30...

20 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

That comment is so true. Any show I've been to in the U.S has been so tame. I sat on the Friday night in the seats and I felt alone going insane. Not that i cared!

On the plus, it's great to easily get up the front. And Vegas was probably my only time to see this line up of GN'R up close.

In Europe, you have to line up for hours and be prepared to be thrown around like a rag doll in the pit. In fact only once did i make it through a whole gn'r show up front in Europe in an arena! haha. 

I have to agree. And I don't know the reason. Back in my late teens (late 80s), hard rock/ metal crowds in the US were crazy, rough and tough and the pit was definitely not for the faint of heart. Not now. I was really disappointed in the crowd at the 4/8 show. Could've been the doors didn't open til 9 instead of 8, people standing in the rain for an hour, jet lagged east coasters, general old farts, or cell phones. But the crowd was no where near as rowdy as I expected on 4/8. I feel so bad for the young generation that doesn't get to feel what it was like at a big time show 30 years ago... But then again, we walked to school in a foot of snow, uphill both ways!!! And get the fuck off my lawn! :lol:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Slaayer said:

That comment is so true. Any show I've been to in the U.S has been so tame. I sat on the Friday night in the seats and I felt alone going insane. Not that i cared!

On the plus, it's great to easily get up the front. And Vegas was probably my only time to see this line up of GN'R up close.

In Europe, you have to line up for hours and be prepared to be thrown around like a rag doll in the pit. In fact only once did i make it through a whole gn'r show up front in Europe in an arena! haha. 

I'm much more into watching and appreciating the performance so I'm really a bad rock n roll fan haha I get irritated when I hear the guy singing next to me instead of the actual singer. But it's all good, it should be exciting and fun, people should be jumping and screaming...it can bring out the best in the performer but with GNR it's like "I'm really trying to enjoy this moment...don't ruin it with your voice bc I know I'll never hear a decent pro shot of this" haha 

which brings me to another point, I get really sad hearing the difference between a cell phone recording of the Vegas shows and those short bits of pro shot we got from the Troubadour...the pro shot just brings out how incredible the music was, and how energetic the moment is, cell phone recordings make everything boring 

its hard to show someone a video of Vegas and be like "it was incredible" I mean you really needed to be in the arena to appreciate how great they were 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Slaayer said:

It's funny because I've been to many, many shows in Europe (I'm from London) and I always think they are so tame compared to South America! But yeh, the Vegas shows very tame compared to any European show I've been to.