04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

While I tend to agree that the Vegas shows were somewhat tame and in general fans at concerts are not as rabid since the cell phone Era of recording shows began  I went to Iron Maiden last night at Forum and the crowd was absolutely electric from start to finish 

48 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'm much more into watching and appreciating the performance so I'm really a bad rock n roll fan haha I get irritated when I hear the guy singing next to me instead of the actual singer. But it's all good, it should be exciting and fun, people should be jumping and screaming...it can bring out the best in the performer but with GNR it's like "I'm really trying to enjoy this moment...don't ruin it with your voice bc I know I'll never hear a decent pro shot of this" haha 

which brings me to another point, I get really sad hearing the difference between a cell phone recording of the Vegas shows and those short bits of pro shot we got from the Troubadour...the pro shot just brings out how incredible the music was, and how energetic the moment is, cell phone recordings make everything boring 

its hard to show someone a video of Vegas and be like "it was incredible" I mean you really needed to be in the arena to appreciate how great they were 

I'm out of likes, but yes! These 2 motherfuckers next to me would not shut up. What's worse is, they weren't singing but having a drunken shit faced nonsensical banter about the whole deal. 

And yes- cell phone video just does not do justice to the actual live experience...

The cell phone generation was out in force on 4/8 (and it wasn't much better on 4/9). Hoping the UK/Euro shows are a bit crazier in the pit because it really does put a downer on the show when you're trying to rock out a little to the music and everyone around you is stood there like a zombie. Guns need to bring a water cannon and just blast it at any fucker rude enough to be recording videos in the pit :lol:

UK/Euro pits are wild enough for me though, I'm never going near those (wonderful) crazy bastards in South America :rofl-lol: Love seeing the pro-shot from Rio 3 and literally the whole crowd is bouncing up and down to Jungle but I would have hated to have been in the middle of it.

• Like 3

Guns N' Roses
Sin City Illusion II
April 9, 2016
T-Mobile Arena
Las Vegas, Nevada

Lineage: Church Audio CA-14 Cardoid Mics - > Church Audio Ugly 2 Preamp (Gain setting +15db) -> Sony PCM-M10 -> 24/96 WAV -> Sony Vegas 10 Pro -> 16/44.1 ->  Adobe Audition  - > Audacity 2.1.2 (tracking) -> Trader's Little Helper 2.7.0 (FLAC level 8 lossless compression & verification) -> YOU

Thank you to LIMULUS for mastering this recording!!

Artwork by: FernandoGNR and __mo__

Photographs by Tony Trujillo - http://tony-trujillo.com/ and GNRFrance - Photos used WITH permission!

Taping Location: SEC 5 Row V - directly in line with the overhead speaker stacks.

Stellar A+ - 9/10 audience recording!

The events leading up to the April 9th Guns concert were rather uneventful...

This time around, Limulus and I headed to the T-Mobile Arena at 6PM. I bought several Vegas themed GNR T-shirts for my massive Guns N' Roses memorabilia collection. After this, we spent some time outside the venue entrance and spoke to other fans in the crowd, including one young man who travelled from Costa Rica to see Guns N' Roses. Talk about dedication! After chatting with the Costa Rican fan for about 20 minutes, Limulus and I lined up in front of the entrance and waited for the T-Mobile Arena to open its doors. Thankfully, on April 9th, the doors opened on time!

On this night, I entered through the main entrance and once again the metal detector went off. For an unknown reason, the metal detecting wand buzzed around my ankle.
A security staffer asked if I had a metal plate in my leg. I quickly said, YES (I don't), and walked away...

I setup my gear prior to Alice In Chains taking the stage.
I was able to tape their entire 45 minute set!

Guns N' Roses took the stage at 11PM, which was a welcomed change from the previous 12AM start time.
I was able to capture their entire performance without mishaps.

The highlight of this show was the appearance of Sebastian Bach who sang co-lead with Axl on the Appetite Classic, My Michelle!

Overall, I'd say the second concert was the best of the two night stand in Sin City.
Axl seems to perform at his best when he knows he has the next night off.

After the show, Limulus and I spent some time with another fan in front of the arena and watched a bootleg T-shirt dealer get hassled by the authorities. This was very entertaining!
If the dealer had been willing to sell me his last shirt for $5, he could have avoided the entire ordeal!

A few minutes after the bootleg T-Shirt dealer bust, Limulus and I headed towards the New York New York Center Bar for the post show GNR fan gathering. We met several well known collectors from the GNR trading scene and hung out for a few hours before heading home...

Guns N' Roses must have an open taping policy in 2016....
I had my mics mounted on a hat in plain sight of venue staff on both nights and was given no grief!
Thank you, Axl!!

Please tape/film this band when you see them!!

THE RETURN OF THE THREE KINGS!!

Guns N' Roses are:

W. Axl Rose: Vocals - Live from Dave Grohl's Rock N' Roll Throne
Slash: Lead Guitar
Duff McKagan: Bass Guitar

[01] Intro (4:22)
[02] It's So Easy (3:06)
[03] Mr. Brownstone (4:04)
[04] Chinese Democracy (3:50)
[05] Welcome To The Jungle (5:05)
[06] Double Talkin' Jive (5:23)
[07] Estranged (9:03)
[08] Live And Let Die (3:3cool1.gif
[09] Rocket Queen (11:2cool1.gif
[10] You Could Be Mine (5:35)
[11] You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory (intro) (0:52)
[12] Attitude (3:40)
[13] This I Love (5:5cool1.gif
[14] Coma (9:51)
[15] Theme From The Godfather (3:34)
[16] Sweet Child O'Mine (6:36)
[17] Better (6:14)
[18] Civil War (8:17)
[19] My Michelle (4:07)
[20] Wish You Were Here (instrumental) (4:27)
[21] Layla outro (instrumental) (3:33)
[22] November Rain (9:35)
[23] Knockin' On Heaven's Door (10:50)
[24] Nightrain (7:23)
[25] Don't Cry (5:03)
[26] The Seeker (3:19)
[27] Paradise City (6:54)
[28] Outro (4:25)

Running Time: 160 Minutes

Additional Musicians:

Dizzy Reed: Keyboards
Richard Fortus: Rhythm Guitar
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Melissa Reese: Keyboards

Thank you, Mike, for selling me your extra ticket at cost!
This recording would not exist without you!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I'm new to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and am eager to meet new friends who would be interested in attending (and taping) rock shows together.

If you'd like to join the taping community, please let me know...
Going to concerts with friends is MUCH MORE FUN!

Next stop for the Nightrain is on August 3rd, 2016 at AT&T Stadium on Arlington, TX

The 25th anniversary of the GREATEST Guns N' Roses performance of all time!

REQ: IEM sources: If you use my audio for producing an IEM/AUD matrix, please be so kind and send me a copy along with the unedited IEM, too.

REQ: Any uncirculated Guns N' Roses audio/video from 1985-1993
Does anyone have a recording of the Guns N' Roses performance at the Astrodome in Houston, Texas
on September 4, 1992? If so, please share!

REQ: Guns N' Roses Noblesville, Indiana May 29, 1991 pro-shot 2DVD GNRONTOUR.COM edition

I plan to upload this recording to DIME, The Trader's Den, JamToThis, The GN'R tracker, and Usenet (a.b.sounds.lossless, a.b.sounds.flac, a.b.sounds.lossless.bootlegs).

You are welcome to upload this recording to any blog/file locker/forum/non-music themed tracker as long as the *ENTIRE* file set is available for FREE download!

I don't want anyone on Earth to spend a penny on this recording!!
Respect my wishes, eBay parasite SCUM!!

rockphantom
April 19, 2016
Dallas/Fort Worth (Arlington)

***DO NOT SELL***
***DO NOT SHARE WITHOUT THIS INFO***
***DO NOT BELIEVE THE AUSTIN, TX HYPE***

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/tracker/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=5e15d9a2a86c95fd49662405efd939fe28789df7

Edited by xBrownstonex

I have to agree with all of u who said that the pit was very quiet.

When I was trying to rock out a little and jump everyone around me was just stood there like a zombie. I can´t believe it.

I entered the pit just 15 minutes before GNR took the stage, and I finished almost at the fence. Incredible. 

And another thing that took me aback was that the people in the pit didnt touch each other. 

Despite that, the show was amazing and because of that I can took really great pics. :)

Hope that in the summer tour we can see more pogo!!!

• 2 months later...