04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

I have to say, I made the HUGE mistake of arriving at the arena around 9pm last night.  Still on NYC time and by the time the show started, I was sort of beat.  First hour I was good, having fun, but the last hour I was beyond tired.  Still had a blast, but I made the rookie mistake:  I waited on my feet for hours.  God I wish I had a seat.  Tonight, I"m just going to hang near the back of GA, arrive around 11:30 and enjoy the show more.  Constantly getting pushed for 3 hours, being on my feet for 6+ hours, it's just no fun. IMHO. 

I was watching last night on periscope the show and thinking, technology is amazing, right? back in the day, the only way to watch a show that you were not there was if someone recorded or the band recorded pro shot or some tv station bought the rights to it, now you can just pick your phone out of your pocket and stream the whole thing to people in the whole world

Just now, cqleonardo said:

I was watching last night on periscope the show and thinking, technology is amazing, right? back in the day, the only way to watch a show that you were not there was if someone recorded or the band recorded pro shot or some tv station bought the rights to it, now you can just pick your phone out of your pocket and stream the whole thing to people in the whole world

yeah... but...

the crowds looks like shit... (in all the world)

nobody enjoys the shows anymore the way it should be...

Just now, wagrez said:

yeah... but...

the crowds looks like shit... (in all the world)

nobody enjoys the shows anymore the way it should be...

thats because everyone who likes rock music is no longer a crazy teenager anymore. And those crazy teenagers/20somethings that do go to concerts are told to calm down by the older crowd

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

Only way back in 92 for me , was to order Tokyo 1 and 2 VHS from USA, through local music magazine or something.....and it took fucking 2 months to get them ....and it was totally worth to wait. It was amazing. 

Edited by Kosonen

Exactly.  Fan base in their 40's-50's and they are much more tired by the time the show starts.  I'll say this, the energy level of MSG 2002 in NYC was the best I have ever experienced.  They hit the stage around 10pm that night.  These LATE LATE starts are killer. 

LOL at the people bitching about the technology and fans not being in the moment yet flood these forums to watch said videos. Get real. I filmed 3 songs last night and took about 16 pictures. TRUST me I enjoyed the shows the way they are ment to be enjoyed but you guys keep telling yourself we're not. I mean of course if you were at the shows you'd enjoy them ina  much more appropriate way and appreciate being there in the moment more than those of us who provided you with a glimpse into what it was like last night. :lol:

10 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

Thats so cool!! I wonder how Axl and Dave finally became friends, because he and Nirvana hated GNR and specially Axl. Also this video from Rock in Rio 2004 i guess

I got the impression that at some point in the past five or ten years, Axl made an effort to try and mend the broken bridges he's contributed to destroying over the course of his career, with or without TB

The beef with Grohl is probably way back when GnR feuded with Nirvana

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more about late starts killing the energy of show.I was at LA Forum show be yore the Illusions were released and we waited for 3 hours after Skid a row left the stage.Just about every one was sitting during show.I remember thinking how tight they sounded and being blown away by hearing some new material for first time but also thinking how much better show would've been if they started at a respectable time

3 minutes ago, Bono said:

LOL at the people bitching about the technology and fans not being in the moment yet flood these forums to watch said videos. Get real. I filmed 3 songs last night and took about 16 pictures. TRUST me I enjoyed the shows the way they are ment to be enjoyed but you guys keep telling yourself we're not. I mean of course if you were at the shows you'd enjoy them ina  much more appropriate way and appreciate being there in the moment more than those of us who provided you with a glimpse into what it was like last night. :lol:

nice to see another U2 lunatic besides me here hahaha

if someone going to the show tonight wants to stream tonight, there is a app called mixrl that streams only audio, you can turn on the app, generate a link, share, put the phone in your pocket and enjoy your show :lol: