04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

Any other AUD recordings out there? Lot of audience talking/singing on the copy I have...I fully appreciate it and it's listenable..and I have laughed every time I hear the dude go "PINK FLOYD IS HERE?!?! DUDE PINK FLOYD IS HERE!" at the beginning of Wish You Were Here hahah, but are there any other copies out there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GunsNRevolvers2 said:

Any other AUD recordings out there? Lot of audience talking/singing on the copy I have...I fully appreciate it and it's listenable..and I have laughed every time I hear the dude go "PINK FLOYD IS HERE?!?! DUDE PINK FLOYD IS HERE!" at the beginning of Wish You Were Here hahah, but are there any other copies out there?

Haha, yeah, that bothered me too. There's supposed to be another recording coming as well but I'm not sure when. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Braxon Raine said:

As of today for those who bought a VIP package for the Vegas shows, has anyone received their VIP merchandise/gear in the mail yet?

I haven't....  If it's not here by Monday, I'm calling AXS... Didn't they ship the Friday before the shows? :max:

15 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I wonder what people who are just now discovering Axl can still sing would say if he came out with his 2010 voice...

It is a crazy change to see the first comments on youtube videos being, "Wow! Axl got his voice back!". I'm way used to the other end of the spectrum.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

It is a crazy change to see the first comments on youtube videos being, "Wow! Axl got his voice back!". I'm way used to the other end of the spectrum.

In the recent Vegas video he sounds similar to 2010 on 3:58-4:20 but 2010 video is so effortless. I thought Axl was incredible in Vegas his voice was excellent but I won't say he has his voice back until he can do what he did in 2010...I mean it's hard to find a bad vocal in 2010 from Axl. 

Again, I'm not trying to be negative but as great as these shows were I still think there's plenty for Axl to go get in the vocal department. And I can't wait to see people's faces when he gets there. 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

In the recent Vegas video he sounds similar to 2010 on 3:58-4:20 but 2010 video is so effortless. I thought Axl was incredible in Vegas his voice was excellent but I won't say he has his voice back until he can do what he did in 2010...I mean it's hard to find a bad vocal in 2010 from Axl. 

Again, I'm not trying to be negative but as great as these shows were I still think there's plenty for Axl to go get in the vocal department. And I can't wait to see people's faces when he gets there. 

Even in that part he does not sing like 2010.Its sad,it thought he would do it for the reunion.

Great seeing the photo's from the gig. Both Axl and Slash (not to mention the rest of the band) appear to be in a happy place, which is great to see. Maybe Axl is happy the Chinese era is over, as it appeared to be filled with tension. While it would be good, I'm not expecting new music from these guys. Just to tour and perform the hits is enough at their age.

Looking back over all the great  youtube footage the past week does anyone else think that the visuals at the back of the stage are really crappy?The light show looks pretty cool and with all the guys performing on stage I don't understand why any visuals are needed at all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blackrose87 said:

Looking back over all the great  youtube footage the past week does anyone else think that the visuals at the back of the stage are really crappy?The light show looks pretty cool and with all the guys performing on stage I don't understand why any visuals are needed at all. 

I like some of the visuals,like bullet logo neon bar sign style.AND I absolutely love that animated Appetite monster moving around during 'Wish You Were Here'! Anybody else noticed that? SO COOL! But yeah,as for visuals in general,I prefer the old school bullet logo banner like they did at the Troubadour

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rudolf1978 said:

Even in that part he does not sing like 2010.Its sad,it thought he would do it for the reunion.

That was 6 years ago, and Axl currently sounds better than he has in the years since then.

Axl has a lengthy history of throat blowouts, even back to ~1987. The fact he is still hitting the notes is great.

27 minutes ago, blackrose87 said:

The neon bullet logo was the best thing. I thought they'd just leave that there for the duration of the show, maybe a few visuals here and there, but it would mostly be about the logo and lights. Most of the screensavers were awful and unnecessary. The band alone can carry the show, there is no need for all that. But for some reason, the people designing the stage feel that there must be all this other stuff going on. I don't get it myself, it cheapens the look of the show.

• Like 3

On the visuals...totally agree, some are great, some really suck.  Like for its so easy...get rid of that.  I don't mind them necessarily, but the ones that are just "up there" so that the screen isn't black can be done away with and they can just do something with some variation of the logo.   

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

That was 6 years ago, and Axl currently sounds better than he has in the years since then.

Axl has a lengthy history of throat blowouts, even back to ~1987. The fact he is still hitting the notes is great.

Holy sh*t...I knew one day we would reach the point where someone said how far away 2010 was, like when people say "why would you expect him to sound like he did 25 years ago". You guys shouldn't hate on it like it doesn't matter though, 2010 is one of the great vocal periods of his career and should be the ultimate goal for Axl to get back to.

however I'd tend to agree with the post I quoted in the sense that if his 2010 voice caused a blowout then he should avoid it, I'd hate for this tour to be cut short due to Axl completely losing his voice. But I believe he lost that vocal ability due to some medical problem with his throat that required surgery, and he just never regained that full voice he displayed that year. 

Again he sounds great, but on songs like YCBM his voice is a little empty and the song could benefit from a fuller vocal sound. I'm excited by the fact that he has a ton of dates ahead of him and it's only going to get better

Based purely on  YT footage, I think overall the shows were great. There's always things you can improve, but positive outweighs the negative imo.

Now the band is not just interesting, but even a bit exciting. I've been more or less bored with those musicians' separate careers, and I'm happy to feel like they're now able to capture at least some of the magic they once had.

If I was to nitpick the shows, including details that don't even matter that much, it would go like so:

PROS:

Band all in all sounds great

Axl sounds great. Some weaker moments, best moments amazing

Slash sounds amazing

Duff sounds amazing

Fortus sounds great

Ferrer is mostly good

Melissa seems to sound good

Lineup seems promising

Especially Axl seems genuinely happy

Coma

Nurses